Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 08:45 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherho View Post
So I need some clarification. The posts say “ McKeesport t” and I see posts talking about areas around McKees Rocks. Are people confusing both or I am mistaken? Thanks.
It is a bit of an older thread and if someone back a page or two, they were obviously not reading well that day, which happens. The thread is clearly started and is finishing as a a McKeesport thread. I bumped it because it was a news trend that seems to be reoccurring. I also have some concern because the well travelled bicycle trail goes through there and there are projects along the trail and I am always concerned for the tourists that unknowingly ride by there. You want to time that right. Usually 9:30AM-noon is good as no one is working and the drugs might have worn off and people are sleeping by then. It is statistically better with the shootings that happen all the time, but there are no great times of course.

*** McKeesport is a very dangerous place. Make NO mistake!

https://www.wtae.com/article/mckeesp...study/26797844

If you want a little tour without driving. WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYrpRdf_1Ro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2023, 09:01 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,954,652 times
Quote:
So I need some clarification. The posts say “ McKeesport t” and I see posts talking about areas around McKees Rocks. Are people confusing both or I am mistaken? Thanks.
Lately they are one in the same. Former regional industrial powerhouses ravaged by poverty, drugs, crime and abandonment. A police officer was recently murdered in McKeesport. AG Agents were ambushed and fired upon this week in McKees Rocks. It is very easy to confuse the two.

Old 03-02-2023, 12:30 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Lately they are one in the same. Former regional industrial powerhouses ravaged by poverty, drugs, crime and abandonment. A police officer was recently murdered in McKeesport. AG Agents were ambushed and fired upon this week in McKees Rocks. It is very easy to confuse the two.
Sadly, they both make the news a lot. Heck just this morning and man and woman were shot in "the Rocks" at 6:00AM. That is why I recommend to cyclists to ride through McKeesport at around 10am because most will be passed out by then, but there are NO good times to be in either place. The warm weather is hitting us early. I am assuming we will break all records for murders this year in Allegheny County and the city itself. It is on the rise in a big way and cops are being shot left and right as well. Just a byproduct of the campaign that was run for the past 6 years. Everyone can see that.

Stay safe out there and keep your eyes wide open at all times if you are anywhere near Pittsburgh.

Old 03-02-2023, 05:07 PM

408 posts, read 231,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It is a bit of an older thread and if someone back a page or two, they were obviously not reading well that day, which happens. The thread is clearly started and is finishing as a a McKeesport thread. I bumped it because it was a news trend that seems to be reoccurring. I also have some concern because the well travelled bicycle trail goes through there and there are projects along the trail and I am always concerned for the tourists that unknowingly ride by there. You want to time that right. Usually 9:30AM-noon is good as no one is working and the drugs might have worn off and people are sleeping by then. It is statistically better with the shootings that happen all the time, but there are no great times of course.

*** McKeesport is a very dangerous place. Make NO mistake!

https://www.wtae.com/article/mckeesp...study/26797844

If you want a little tour without driving. WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYrpRdf_1Ro
Thank you for the info. So I’m not saying McKeesport is good or bad, I know it is. I was curious if we were talking about the right area or not. So what about Mckee Rocks?

Old 03-02-2023, 05:12 PM
gg

Quote:
Thank you for the info. So I’m not saying McKeesport is good or bad, I know it is. I was curious if we were talking about the right area or not. So what about Mckee Rocks?
wpipkins2 got it right. They are the typical black areas filled with crime. What else can you say? Just avoid if you can. I am of course worried about cyclists that ride through McKeesport. I am SURE I will read about a murder of a cyclist there at some point. They just haven't figured out how easy of a target they are yet. We aren't talking about smart people. We are talking about sub 70IQ's for the most part, which would be consistent of most communities that are like this one.

Quote:

Old 03-02-2023, 05:40 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:
exactly - apologies, Higherho. I actually realized my idiocy when I was driving today.

The comparison I made w/ Stowe Twp. was not a good one, because Stowe is a neighbor to the Rocks, not to McKeesport.

Sorry about that. But my defense of McKeesport remains - it is a big enough entity that it has "good parts" and "not so good parts".

Old 03-02-2023, 06:17 PM

Quote:
wpipkins2 got it right. They are the typical black areas filled with crime. What else can you say? Just avoid if you can. I am of course worried about cyclists that ride through McKeesport. I am SURE I will read about a murder of a cyclist there at some point. They just haven't figured out how easy of a target they are yet. We aren't talking about smart people. We are talking about sub 70IQ's for the most part, which would be consistent of most communities that are like this one.
GG McKeesport and Mckees Rocks have some of the lowest drugged out white people in the metro. Both municipalities have always been white drug havens. This is why drug dealers from out of town set up shop there. White peoples insatiable appetite for drugs keeps both areas under duress and despair.

Old 03-02-2023, 06:51 PM
gg

Quote:
GG McKeesport and Mckees Rocks have some of the lowest drugged out white people in the metro. Both municipalities have always been white drug havens. This is why drug dealers from out of town set up shop there. White peoples insatiable appetite for drugs keeps both areas under duress and despair.
That might be right, but the blacks do the murders and violence. Do you want me to post proof, or should we just let it go. Blacks are committing an amazing amount of violent acts. Crazy amounts nation wide.

I feel for those strung out on drugs, but the violence/murders are something very different.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/arre...HBVITXRK3ZR4Q/

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/18-y...AVQ3LLPST3HZM/

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/susp...OQVRPZBVRBZVI/

I could post pages and pages. The violence is all black. You know it and I know it.

Last edited by gg; 03-02-2023 at 07:12 PM..

Old 03-03-2023, 03:08 AM

Quote:
That might be right, but the blacks do the murders and violence. Do you want me to post proof, or should we just let it go. Blacks are committing an amazing amount of violent acts. Crazy amounts nation wide.

I feel for those strung out on drugs, but the violence/murders are something very different.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/arre...HBVITXRK3ZR4Q/

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/18-y...AVQ3LLPST3HZM/

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/susp...OQVRPZBVRBZVI/

I could post pages and pages. The violence is all black. You know it and I know it.
You do not have to prove anything to me. I am well aware of all social ills. The murder and mayhem will continue as long as there is concentrated poverty, drugs infestation and the amount of high powered guns in the hands of young men and children. This “black” problem is now becoming a problem impacting all.

Old 03-03-2023, 04:15 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
Quote:
^ Correct.

There are Black criminals and white criminals all over the metro. McKees Rocks, Carrick, Jeannette, Stowe Township, and a few other areas have plenty of homegrown violent crime from desperate whites. Really most poor-to-working-class white areas where few have a college degree have a lot of white criminals in this region.

Just because a neighborhood is Black doesn't mean it has to be a war zone. Marshall-Shadeland, where I live, for example, is majority-Black. With that being said I have befriended many Black neighbors when I am out picking up litter. Most of our businesses are Black-owned and -operated (albeit I wish a local Black person would open a coffeeshop somewhere up here since we are still one of the only North Side neighborhoods without one). The neighborhood DOES have violence, but often times it's between people who don't actually LIVE in this neighborhood. Out of 4,000 people most of us know who the same few dozen troublemakers are, and we just steer clear. I blame suburban white landlords who keep gobbling up properties here for $40,000 under LLC's with P.O. Boxes (per the Allegheny County Online Real Estate Portal & Zillow sleuthing), putting very little money into them, and then renting them out to anyone or everyone and just collecting a Section 8 check. They have no vested interest in our neighborhood and don't care who moves in or what they do.

Even the most violent Black neighborhoods like Homewood still have plenty of upstanding Black people just trying to make it day by day without causing crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh