Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 06:45 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,587,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Reddit
That was the recommendation I made not that long ago too. Threads may die faster there, maybe because there’s more topics, and it probably skews a little young, but at least the threads are about Pittsburgh and not the same general reactionary circle jerk all the time and I can learn stuff occasionally.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:54 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealie View Post
That was the recommendation I made not that long ago too. Threads may die faster there, maybe because there’s more topics, and it probably skews a little young, but at least the threads are about Pittsburgh and not the same general reactionary circle jerk all the time and I can learn stuff occasionally.
Reddit is set up as an echo-chamber because if you post something the majority doesn't agree with it goes away. I guess it is to some people's liking that way. Also, it has a lot of trolls as well. It is nothing like it was two years ago, it has a ton of disappearing posts.

I visit every once in a while. It is snowflake heaven.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:02 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Congratulations on turning this forum into a place where the opinions of only middle-aged conservative white guys are welcome.
The most hurtful post towards me I have ever read, but I will think about what you said and see if I can try and improve on balance.

I just had to travel to WV and the driving I witnessed was like nothing I have ever seen. 70-75mph in a 50 for many miles and with cross traffic by one heck of a lot of cars. It is like everyone knows there are no police on our roadways. I am not a slow driver, but safe driver and if there is cross traffic speed can really kill.

My apologies for my recents posts. I also had something happen to a friend of mine with violence and it got the better of me.

I will try to do better. Thanks for the harsh, but needed criticism.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:10 PM

684 posts, read 420,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Reddit is set up as an echo-chamber because if you post something the majority doesn't agree with it goes away. I guess it is to some people's liking that way. Also, it has a lot of trolls as well. It is nothing like it was two years ago, it has a ton of disappearing posts.

I visit every once in a while. It is snowflake heaven.
If you don't like trolls, you must loathe this board. It's filled to the brim with people who live in their own made-up universe, and try to make arguments using facts from their own personal universe, as if that had anything to do with reality.

Cue Eriedude replying with some idiotic comment that I thankfully won't see, but it's all the just same old same old.

Old 06-14-2020, 12:19 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,239,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post
If you don't like trolls, you must loathe this board. It's filled to the brim with people who live in their own made-up universe, and try to make arguments using facts from their own personal universe, as if that had anything to do with reality.

Cue Eriedude replying with some idiotic comment that I thankfully won't see, but it's all the just same old same old.
I love facts, and it would make threads so much better, unfortunately, there just aren’t many of them from those “in their own made-up universe”.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:10 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnlvsxy View Post

erie, pretty much singlehandedly killed this forum with his crap. I have him on ignore of course, but he is nonstop. Probably posts more than anyone on here. Sometimes he posts 3-4 times in a row in a thread because no one responds. Doesn't matter. He lives for this board and is relentless.

Old 06-14-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
erie, pretty much singlehandedly killed this forum with his crap. I have him on ignore of course, but he is nonstop. Probably posts more than anyone on here. Sometimes he posts 3-4 times in a row in a thread because no one responds. Doesn't matter. He lives for this board and is relentless.
Nope, not at all...and you have far more posts than I do, and you were here a year before me.

Old 06-14-2020, 08:50 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,888,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Agreed. I’m looking forward to seeing the police disbanded.
Why, you need a new TV ?

Old 06-14-2020, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
Why, you need a new TV ?
Nope. As I’ve already said, some people need to learn the hard way, and it’s going to be quite interesting when those promoting this kind of criminal behavior experience it first hand.

Old 06-14-2020, 09:15 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,903,801 times
Quote:
I would take solace in the fact that you’re probably going to die soon, but you’ve probably raised children who share your beliefs and values, and they probably won’t die soon enough.
Wishing for the deaths of people AND their children? Jesus man, thats a new low.

Quote:
Heck the Indians didn't even have the wheel yet!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? Lucky for them we educated them, just like we educate all.

Lots of trade was going on and the French had great dealings with the Indians for 100's of years! 100's!
Tenochtitlan was just as advanced as anywhere in Europe.
The Aztecs fell because the Spaniards exploited political fissures (got Tlaxcala to fight alongside Cortes), because Moctezuma was a naive religious fanatic, and because of different concepts of warfare (Aztec warfare's objective was to capture enemies alive, in order to sacrifice them. The Aztec 'sword' (Macuahuitl) wasn't designed to kill - it was designed to incapacitate to enable capture.

Re: French - different cultures between Catholic colonizers and Protestant colonizers.
Spanish, French, and Portuguese intermarried with the natives - creating new races of people (mestizo, metis, and Brazilians).
English, Swedish, and Dutch didn't intermarry with the natives.

Quote:
Reddit
A good source for news of local importance, but the commentary is a left-wing circle-jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh