Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2022, 07:12 PM

1,119 posts, read 517,121 times

Advertisements

January ratings dropped: #1 for men aged 25-54. Just unreal domination.

Also, bit of a hilarious snippet that MM, who has said numerous times he has ridiculously small hands, measured his and they’re 1/8” bigger than Pickett’s. He said he wouldn’t draft him because of that and he probably needs 2 hands to throw an NFL ball. No lies detected!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 07:16 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S6T1R View Post
January ratings dropped: #1 for men aged 25-54. Just unreal domination.

Also, bit of a hilarious snippet that MM, who has said numerous times he has ridiculously small hands, measured his and they’re 1/8” bigger than Pickett’s. He said he wouldn’t draft him because of that and he probably needs 2 hands to throw an NFL ball. No lies detected!!
Best part of today’s show was when he said folks live vicariously through him, and he certainly hit the nail on the head with that one, lol.

He also said he wanted more money for it. Link to him making $350k/year?

Interesting, as he was recently praising Pickett not long ago, said he was going to be a good NFL qb, but I do love the talk of his hands as though there’s anything near significant different from a college ball to an NFL ball.

Old 02-24-2022, 07:33 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
An embarassment to Pro Wrestling. His disrespect of Bruno Sammartino was criminal. Then in the dying days of WCW he helped kill it with his mere presence as an announcer. He was awful. It is sad that Ric Flair does a podcast with him. He is just like Eskin and Cataldi across the Commonwealth in Philly. All these people are vultures.

Old 02-24-2022, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
An embarassment to Pro Wrestling. His disrespect of Bruno Sammartino was criminal. Then in the dying days of WCW he helped kill it with his mere presence as an announcer. He was awful. It is sad that Ric Flair does a podcast with him. He is just like Eskin and Cataldi across the Commonwealth in Philly. All these people are vultures.
What did he say about Bruno that was criminal?

So it was already dying. How can an announcer announcing scripted fake wrestling kill it by his presence when it was already dying?

Old 02-24-2022, 08:25 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Mark does seem to dislike some local fan favorites, Myron Cope comes to mind. Hated Stargell because he supposedly was rude to his Mom. No love for Bruno, think he thought Bruno was dumb cuz he wouldn't admit wrestling was fake. Gee, wasn't that the company line when Bruno was active? MM says that one former talks show host he admired was Bruce Keiden who I always thought was an arrogant SOB. Keiden had it in for Bruno as well and had the same love for Nature Boy Flair. He did an interview with Bruno and was rude as hell. I called him a week later and asked him why he was so buddy-buddy with Flair and treated Bruno like crap. Next thing I hear is "click". Never answered the question.

Old 02-24-2022, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Mark does seem to dislike some local fan favorites, Myron Cope comes to mind. Hated Stargell because he supposedly was rude to his Mom. No love for Bruno, think he thought Bruno was dumb cuz he wouldn't admit wrestling was fake. Gee, wasn't that the company line when Bruno was active? MM says that one former talks show host he admired was Bruce Keiden who I always thought was an arrogant SOB. Keiden had it in for Bruno as well and had the same love for Nature Boy Flair. He did an interview with Bruno and was rude as hell. I called him a week later and asked him why he was so buddy-buddy with Flair and treated Bruno like crap. Next thing I hear is "click". Never answered the question.
I watched wrestling around grade school age and did find it entertaining. I remember asking my dad why they would walk back to the same place after beating each other up and his reply was “because it’s fake”. Still makes me laugh, and I’m also amazed at how folks live for it.

There’s some interesting stories out there about Myron. I was long done watching wrestling by the time Madden came along and his “feud” with Bruno, however, he obviously knows those guys better than most, and he still has wrestlers from past and present on his show from time to time.

Many take his schtick too seriously, as he’s zero like his show persona in person. I definitely immediately thought of this forum and started laughing when he said today on his show that folks live vicariously through him. Unless he frequents this forum has know idea how true that is, lol.

Last edited by erieguy; 02-24-2022 at 08:45 PM..

Old 02-27-2022, 04:10 PM

Liverpool is the greatest ever sports franchise in the world.

Ric Flair is the greatest professional athlete of all time.

I dare any of you to call in and argue with Mark otherwise.

Old 02-27-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Liverpool is the greatest ever sports franchise in the world.

Ric Flair is the greatest professional athlete of all time.

I dare any of you to call in and argue with Mark otherwise.
Don’t think anyone else here is obsessed enough with Madden to call in about a team many couldn’t care less about, or have paid much attention to fake wrestling since they were young, to take that dare.

I think I’ve heard maybe 4 calls in the last year about Liverpool and the same about Rick Flair…although the “WOOOO” at Pirate games cracks me up. Amazing how easily it can be heard with barely anyone in the stands.

Old 02-27-2022, 04:22 PM

People try to dunk on Madden because the local rubes don’t care about Liverpool, meanwhile on an international scale, they’re a franchise so major and significant that the Steelers aren’t even a pimple on their ass. Know your place.

Old 02-27-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
People try to dunk on Madden because the local rubes don’t care about Liverpool, meanwhile on an international scale, they’re a franchise so major and significant that the Steelers aren’t even a pimple on their ass. Know your place.
Lol. Nobody’s dunking on Madden because local folks don’t care about Liverpool. It’s just that most nobody in Pittsburgh cares about Liverpool, which you just admitted.

Except Pittsburgh sports talk isn’t international sports talk…but you quoting Madden and living through him is interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh