Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2020, 08:55 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,699,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
It is a great place if you have kids.
Why did you take your folks there? Did they request it?
Exactly. Eat n Park has been constantly raising prices for the last few years. I call it taking advantage of the hometown loyalty. Kind of like Giant Eagle. I'd rather spend $45 at a fine restaurant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2020, 09:14 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalewskimm View Post
Exactly. Eat n Park has been constantly raising prices for the last few years. I call it taking advantage of the hometown loyalty. Kind of like Giant Eagle. I'd rather spend $45 at a fine restaurant.
I'm with you on that. I liked when my kid wanted to go there only because of the mix of fresh veggies they had on the salad bar. Everywhere else he liked when he was younger had fast food with no healthy options at all. Still... the older crowd does seem to stick by their "time-tested favorites".

Of course nowadays, salad bars and buffets are a non-starter for me...

Old 10-13-2020, 09:23 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post

how grown adults don't understand both parties are controlled by the same banks and corporations is beyond me
I wouldn't go that far actually. Carter for example didn't go along with big oil and look what happened to him. So he wasn't actually controlled for 4 years. In the end he was ousted.

I also don't think Trump is "controlled", but no doubt has dealings going on as they all do. Biden would be totally controlled. That is a given. One of the reasons Trump is being targeted like no other president in history, is he is hard to control. I have never seen a president attacked like this. The media, other politicians, Washington regulars, leaders of some states, mayors and more. Why? It isn't so much what Trump is actually doing as he has done some good, but it a lousy speaker, it is more about the fact that he is hard to control. That is why he is being attacked. Will the attacks work? In the end, yes. They failed at the Russia thing, sex/rape thing, they impeached him, but he continues on. He is hated by the other deal makers on the inside. Hollywood/media machine can't stand someone that just goes around them, so they will do everything in their power to defeat him. It is a shame Trump can't keep his mouth shut, but he just can't. Too bad.

So I guess I am saying many are totally controlled by the powers while in there like a Biden will be. I would say, Carter and Trump although completely different types of people weren't controlled, or at least they tried not to be controlled. Odd and even gas, high oil prices which crushes economies especially back then and the powers got Carter out. Trump is going to be taken out because the powerful media machine that wants him out and that mouth of his that they can use for their own agendas.

Old 10-13-2020, 09:29 AM

2,218 posts, read 1,945,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I wouldn't go that far actually. Carter for example didn't go along with big oil and look what happened to him. So he wasn't actually controlled for 4 years. In the end he was ousted.

I also don't think Trump is "controlled", but no doubt has dealings going on as they all do. Biden would be totally controlled. That is a given. One of the reasons Trump is being targeted like no other president in history, is he is hard to control. I have never seen a president attacked like this. The media, other politicians, Washington regulars, leaders of some states, mayors and more. Why? It isn't so much what Trump is actually doing as he has done some good, but it a lousy speaker, it is more about the fact that he is hard to control. That is why he is being attacked. Will the attacks work? In the end, yes. They failed at the Russia thing, sex/rape thing, they impeached him, but he continues on. He is hated by the other deal makers on the inside. Hollywood/media machine can't stand someone that just goes around them, so they will do everything in their power to defeat him. It is a shame Trump can't keep his mouth shut, but he just can't. Too bad.

So I guess I am saying many are totally controlled by the powers while in there like a Biden will be. I would say, Carter and Trump although completely different types of people weren't controlled, or at least they tried not to be controlled. Odd and even gas, high oil prices which crushes economies especially back then and the powers got Carter out. Trump is going to be taken out because the powerful media machine that wants him out and that mouth of his that they can use for their own agendas.
Who gives a **** what you think about any of this?

The topic of the thread is small local restaurants.

You've just been told (over on the Braddock thread) that people don't come on these boards to see every other post about politics, and here you are.
Take your petty bull**** to FB.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:29 AM

1,170 posts, read 536,625 times
what i object to is the capitalism-at-any-cost ideology, like who cares if small restaurants and cafes have to close, national chains will just swoop in and replace them

having lived in shadyside most of my life i have seen this ideology at work on walnut street, which used to be super cool and unique and is now on its way to becoming an outdoor ross park mall, not that ross park mall is bad but that type of retail mix doesn't add value to a neighborhood or make it special in any way

Old 10-13-2020, 10:29 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
I don’t think the local restaurant scene was spectacular before the pandemic. I always had issues with food quality at a lot of places. I don’t want to see places go out of business, but a right sizing is needed. Hopefully it leads to better quality food where you have the best talent making the food instead of no cooking talents trying to put a meal together.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:32 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
wolf AND TRUMP - the president supports all the CDC protocols with respect to masks and (doublespeak trigger warning) "social distancing" that have led to the small-business destroying restrictions

how grown adults don't understand both parties are controlled by the same banks and corporations is beyond me
Wolf is one of very few governors keeping things shut down. Trump let the governors do their job. If Trump overruled him, the rants by Dems would be endless.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:35 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
wolf AND TRUMP - the president supports all the CDC protocols with respect to masks and (doublespeak trigger warning) "social distancing" that have led to the small-business destroying restrictions

Quote:
what i object to is the capitalism-at-any-cost ideology, like who cares if small restaurants and cafes have to close, national chains will just swoop in and replace them

having lived in shadyside most of my life i have seen this ideology at work on walnut street, which used to be super cool and unique and is now on its way to becoming an outdoor ross park mall, not that ross park mall is bad but that type of retail mix doesn't add value to a neighborhood or make it special in any way
Don’t recall anyone saying they don’t care, just that it’s what will happen.

Vote for a governor that doesn’t have the “because I said so” mentality next time. Problem solved.

Old 10-13-2020, 10:42 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:

Just because someone objects to the dictator wolf, doesn't mean they want a free for all atmosphere. It isn't all or nothing. It is a balance. As we can clearly see the virus is weaker and hospitals have this down, unless of course you are very compromised in your health. As cold air hits and we can't do outdoor seating because Peduto lacks leadership. He is too busy drunk tweeting and doing nothing constructive. How about closing some streets downtown and preparing for cold weather? Why doesn't this mayor do ANYTHING AT ALL??? How many people are going to be out of work?

Shadyside was cool back in the 80's and 90's. Totally different than today. Then Ellsworth sort of took its place, but it was much smaller and not all that great in comparison to the old days of Walnut. Great times. There are still some cool bars around both streets though.

Old 10-13-2020, 02:24 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,549,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merge View Post
Who gives a **** what you think about any of this?

The topic of the thread is small local restaurants.

You've just been told (over on the Braddock thread) that people don't come on these boards to see every other post about politics, and here you are.
Take your petty bull**** to FB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh