Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 06:30 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,963,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
FWIW, Wendy is on Newsmax as I write this. She is now coast to coast. She is talking about how cities with the most aggressive gun laws ALL have the highest gun crime. She is correct. Cool that a Pittsburgh woman is taking on our country's issues via a huge news source. Well done Wendy. She looks amazing by the way. She has some big time guests as well. Wow!
Newsmax is only views by a specific demographic. A very small number of folks. Wendy Bell is not influential in any way shape or form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2023, 07:26 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,002,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Newsmax is only views by a specific demographic. A very small number of folks. Wendy Bell is not influential in any way shape or form.
I always get a kick out of people that don't seem to look at real statistics. Fake news is everywhere, but here is one thing that can't be argued against.

Candidate Year Party Popular vote Notes
Joe Biden 2020 Democratic 81,283,501[1] Winner.
Donald Trump 2020 Republican 74,223,975[1] Runner-up. (Incumbent.)
Barack Obama 2008 Democratic 69,498,516[2] Winner.
Barack Obama 2012 Democratic 65,915,795[3] Winner. (Incumbent.)
Hillary Clinton 2016 Democratic 65,853,514[4]
Donald Trump 2016 Republican 62,984,828[4] Winner.
George W. Bush 2004 Republican 62,040,610[5] Winner. (Incumbent.)

There are a lot more people than you think not going along with this new crazy bunch controlling most all of our media feeds. Don't be surprised by anything in our future. Over 74 MILLION people voted for Trump. That is significantly more than Obama's wins.

The point is, Wendy moved up the ladder now and she probably will continue to climb. It doesn't matter what you think or I think. He is coast to coast now. I knew she would be. You can't hold talent like that down.

Old 04-30-2023, 07:31 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,061,381 times
Quote:

The point is, Wendy moved up the ladder now and she probably will continue to climb. It doesn't matter what you think or I think. He is coast to coast now. I knew she would be. You can't hold talent like that down.
what is it that makes her talented? the ability to steer a conversation? she asks hardball questions? etc?

i ask because i cant listen to her for long for the same reason i often have to tune out Madden or other sports talk - they need to fill air, and they do so with long-winded vamping with nothing important about a topic. in other words, shows like those wendy's had are not 'news', its entertainment and often is self-serving and one-sided.

i dont dislike her by any means...just asking if she is really talented and what are indications of that?

Old 04-30-2023, 07:44 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
what is it that makes her talented? the ability to steer a conversation? she asks hardball questions? etc?

i ask because i cant listen to her for long for the same reason i often have to tune out Madden or other sports talk - they need to fill air, and they do so with long-winded vamping with nothing important about a topic. in other words, shows like those wendy's had are not 'news', its entertainment and often is self-serving and one-sided.

i dont dislike her by any means...just asking if she is really talented and what are indications of that?
Before she was the victim of the woke mob, she won countless awards. Have a look for yourself. She is VERY talented.

She's an 21-time Emmy Award winner, with two Edward R. Murrow awards and a National Headliner -- winning first place for an expose on airline ticket prices.

Read more. here. She was huge before the mob cut her down. Sad that it happened to her, but she isn't alone.

https://www.wtae.com/news-team/2cf74...icket%20prices.

Old 04-30-2023, 08:27 AM

1,913 posts, read 741,861 times
Who will pay for cable service for the welfare crowd when all the payers cut the cord?I bet it's getting close now.

Old 04-30-2023, 08:46 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
LOL. Grifters gonna grift.
Lol at a grifter. She simply hit so close to home in Pittsburgh and folks got their feelings hurt so badly that they cried for WTAE to get rid of her. How dare she get another job.

Old 04-30-2023, 09:11 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,236,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_c55 View Post
She's a grifter. That's her thing. That's what you like. Own it, kid.
grifter grifter 'griftar
noun North American informal
a person who engages in petty or small-scale swindling:

What did she do that you call her a grifter?

Old 04-30-2023, 09:39 AM

38 posts, read 19,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

Certain personalities work in that medium, regardless of politics or other views.

Really, being at least somewhat controversial is an asset to engage listeners etc.

On a similar level, this is true for traditional djs etc.

Old 04-30-2023, 10:30 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by statecv View Post
Certain personalities work in that medium, regardless of politics or other views.
She was a very moderate anchor for WTAE. She won a ton of awards as a level reporter. She felt bad about a mass shooting in Wilkinsburg and just said somethings that led people to want her head on a plate. God forbid someone feels sick about people being gunned down at a backyard bbq. She has been covering horrible stories for years and years. Guess that mass shooting that still has not been solved made her feel sick about it.

She learned the hard way, there is NO tolerance for feeling bad if the people you felt bad for don't look like you.

Now she has of course changed. Ax to grind? Maybe. I don't blame her. The mob took her career. She reinvented herself, but whatever. I think she is a good person and she has a beautiful family. She is easy on the eyes even after having a bunch of children. She stays so fit! She could probably make money talking about how to stay fit. Some people just have it.

Old 04-30-2023, 10:32 AM

1,913 posts, read 741,861 times
Quote:
She was a very moderate anchor for WTAE. She won a ton of awards as a level reporter. She felt bad about a mass shooting in Wilkinsburg and just said somethings that led people to want her head on a plate. God forbid someone feels sick about people being gunned down at a backyard bbq. She has been covering horrible stories for years and years. Guess that mass shooting that still has not been solved made her feel sick about it.

She learned the hard way, there is NO tolerance for feeling bad if the people you felt bad for don't look like you.

Now she has of course changed. Ax to grind? Maybe. I don't blame her. The mob took her career. She reinvented herself, but whatever. I think she is a good person and she has a beautiful family. She is easy on the eyes even after having a bunch of children. She stays so fit! She could probably make money talking about how to stay fit. Some people just have it.
The shooters are still walking the streets. The outraged cheer that. There must be a collective IQ of 80 in Wilkinsburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh