Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 09:11 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Using the power of public office to attack a political critic is the problem. That's what ordering his lawyers not to offer plea deals to clients of this lawyer is. It is also a direct statement that he'll use criteria other than the evidence and the seriousness of the offense when he decides what kind of penalty to seek.
Well taken...But the article linked here did NOT prove that. Nor could it, given its source and time limitations to go to 'print'. I just caution this continued acceptance of 'guilty just because'. We do not know yet if the complaints are accurate - there is always more to the story.

again, if they ARE, and proven so, then of course fix it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 09:18 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,592,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
Well taken...But the article linked here did NOT prove that. Nor could it, given its source and time limitations to go to 'print'. I just caution this continued acceptance of 'guilty just because'. We do not know yet if the complaints are accurate - there is always more to the story.

Everybody who could prove it either has an arrest record (and isn't likely to be believed), works directly for or with Zappala, or is a defense lawyer. Stopping plea deals with clients of defense lawyers who criticize Zappala means that lawyer will lose their income (since defendants now know if they hire those lawyers, they will get harsher treatment).

Old 06-04-2021, 09:23 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Everybody who could prove it either has an arrest record (and isn't likely to be believed), works directly for or with Zappala, or is a defense lawyer. Stopping plea deals with clients of defense lawyers who criticize Zappala means that lawyer will lose their income (since defendants now know if they hire those lawyers, they will get harsher treatment).
Raiford did more than criticize him, he called him a racist.

Old 06-05-2021, 05:20 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
Your deductive reasoning is sadly lacking, but you are great at pulling out the oh so predictable race card.
She's an ignorant , lying fool with a loud mouth and, sadly, a pulpit to spew her nonsense. Her "color" has nothing to do with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

It is now in the States hands. The State will make the determination. The accusation was against the system and Zappala is part of the system. Criminal justice reform is a national issue.

Attorney Milton Raiford is a 65 year old black man that was born and raised in the inner city. He can definitely speak on the issue and ensure that progress is made with regards to criminal justice reform, implicit bias and racism.

Old 06-05-2021, 07:19 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Don’t forget the entitled and free stuff folks. They love her.
I don`t think she`s that popular in the south or our rural areas. That`s where most of that free stuff goes.

https://apnews.com/article/north-ame...cdbc0d3b6bc08c
https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...t=0&ajaxserp=0

Old 06-05-2021, 07:30 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I don`t think she`s that popular in the south or our rural areas. That`s where most of that free stuff goes.

https://apnews.com/article/north-ame...cdbc0d3b6bc08c
https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...t=0&ajaxserp=0
Lol. She’s popular with entitled and free stuff folks everywhere. She’d pay to have them sit on the couch forever.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:28 AM

1,411 posts, read 565,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I seriously doubt it considering the utter nonsense on display by the right. Color has everything to do with it.
Gee, I despise the loathsome Nancy Pelosi, Kirsten Gillibrand, and Liz Warren.
I don't think they are women of "color", except maybe Fauxcahontas.
I must add, however, the vile Maizie Hirono, perhaps the dumbest member of Congress, although she has a lot of competition. I guess that makes me anti-Asian in the eyes of the woke progressives.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:36 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
It is now in the States hands. The State will make the determination. The accusation was against the system and Zappala is part of the system. Criminal justice reform is a national issue.

Attorney Milton Raiford is a 65 year old black man that was born and raised in the inner city. He can definitely speak on the issue and ensure that progress is made with regards to criminal justice reform, implicit bias and racism.
When you say it is in the State's hands, is there an investigation underway by the State AG? I'm curious what potential punishment Zappala could be facing.

Old 06-05-2021, 02:14 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
She has a real talent for making older white dudes beclown themselves with rage.
And you would know that because you probably don't know many people who aren't white.

Old 06-05-2021, 02:17 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,170 times
Quote:
I signed the nomination petition for Jenkins. People were active for him in the white parts of the East End.
It all makes sense. The people who call the cops when someone shoots off a firecracker voting for a soft-on-crime district attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh