Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2021, 08:24 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,090,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
What a nightmare. 85% of ICU beds in Florida are full. Doctors stage a walkout in south Florida.
Sorry bud, but here are real statistics and not your CNN/NPR/NYT's nonsense.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-us-by-state/

PA is the 11th WORST state!!!!!!!!!!!! Florida isn't even a discussion point on real data of deaths. Deaths are the ONLY real thing to look at as someone died. It isn't as easy to make things up on a death.

Keep trying though. Your Wolf sucked at everything during this and is a complete failure! DeSantis kept his economy going best he could considering his state is in the tourist industry. At least he kept ma and pa restaurants going. Ours a ALL gone. We are a sea of lousy chains. Heck we couldn't even get a bottle of wine during the pandemic. I tell people that from other states and they don't believe me. How could anyone believe that unless you are living under Wolf's communistic rule!

Old 08-24-2021, 08:33 AM

807 posts, read 620,872 times
Not sure why you continue to judge DeSantis against Wolf -- did you just watch the Olympics? Did they hand out Gold Medals to athletes simply because they didn't come in last? Statistics don't lie, but let's judge DeSantis based on some real criteria.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:57 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,090,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doowlle34 View Post
Not sure why you continue to judge DeSantis against Wolf ....
It is in response to the bringing up Florida by Independent. I just like to be treated like an adult and not a child. DeSantis treats people like adults, Wolf treats us like children. Even closing all the liquor stores statewide for months! What kind of person do you want to be led by? Someone that controls everything you do, or someone that lets you make your own decisions? It really is that simple. Like it or not COVID is our new life. I think we just need to learn to live with it. Thanks China!

Old 08-24-2021, 10:05 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,330,425 times
Quote:
Not sure why you continue to judge DeSantis against Wolf -- did you just watch the Olympics? Did they hand out Gold Medals to athletes simply because they didn't come in last? Statistics don't lie, but let's judge DeSantis based on some real criteria.
Obviously because DeSantis has been brought up many times here.

You’re right, statistics don’t lie, and with Wolf “shutting it down” the way he did he caused huge losses in revenue which didn’t need to be the case, and let’s not forget him throwing healthy folks into nursing homes with folks that tested positive for the virus. That also worked out poorly.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:39 AM

807 posts, read 620,872 times
Yea, I just don't know why you guys are only letting me choose between two flavors of ice cream. Wolf may be too sweet, and DeSantis may be a little nutty for my palette -- but why don't we try some Larry Hogan (MD), or Mike DeWine (Ohio) or Jay Inslee (WA) -- all states that appear lower than Florida on GG's beloved statistical chart.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Yea, I just don't know why you guys are only letting me choose between two flavors of ice cream. Wolf may be too sweet, and DeSantis may be a little nutty for my palette -- but why don't we try some Larry Hogan (MD), or Mike DeWine (Ohio) or Jay Inslee (WA) -- all states that appear lower than Florida on GG's beloved statistical chart.
Nobody asked you to choose. You asked why gg was bringing DeSantis up, and it was obviously because he’s been brought up many times.

Old 08-24-2021, 11:06 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,700,771 times
Quote:
Indeed.

Old 08-25-2021, 11:47 AM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,873,518 times
Not a good look for DeSantis

"A few days ago, however, Florida’s daily death rate cleared 200 for the first time, and today it stands at 228 — an all-time high. This makes DeSantis the first (and so far only) governor in the U.S. whose state is now recording more COVID-19 deaths each day — long after free, safe and effective vaccines became widely available to all Americans age 12 or older — than during any previous wave of the virus."

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-is-th...090001893.html

Old 08-25-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstar13 View Post
Not a good look for DeSantis

"A few days ago, however, Florida’s daily death rate cleared 200 for the first time, and today it stands at 228 — an all-time high. This makes DeSantis the first (and so far only) governor in the U.S. whose state is now recording more COVID-19 deaths each day — long after free, safe and effective vaccines became widely available to all Americans age 12 or older — than during any previous wave of the virus."

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-is-th...090001893.html
“This isn’t to say that if DeSantis had pulled a 180 and issued a statewide mask mandate, Florida would have dodged Delta (though it might not have hurt). Mostly, the damage is done. Behavior — and thus vulnerability to new variants like Delta, which can transmit via vaccinated people — is already baked in.”

“The good news is that cases finally appear to be peaking in Florida; the state’s seven-day average has fallen by nearly 30 percent over the last week (though testing is down too).”

I look forward to returning to Florida for the winter as the lousy weather moves into the Pittsburgh area.

Last edited by erieguy; 08-25-2021 at 12:06 PM..

Old 08-25-2021, 12:52 PM

1,916 posts, read 753,156 times
The only thing that stops Delta is lockdowns. And they stop working as soon as the lockdown is lifted.

Does the TV news even talk about other states suffering worse than Florida? Whoever watches that garbage is not informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh