Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2022, 04:16 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,687,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I get it now, guns make people violent.
They give people easy access to make violence. And it does make people more violent.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hs...e-suggests-no/

Old 06-04-2022, 04:17 PM

More guns more homicide. More homicide of police as well.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/f...uns-and-death/

Old 06-04-2022, 04:21 PM

More guns make us less safe. The states with the most guns have the highest rate of gun deaths.

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2022/de...t-gun-violence

Old 06-04-2022, 04:22 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
More guns more homicide. More homicide of police as well.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/f...uns-and-death/
Wow, going back to the 80’s and early 2000’s to try to fit the narrative. The skyrocketing violent crimes and mass shootings have taken place under Sleepy Joe. Certainly no coincidence as folks are more interested in crying about guns than prosecuting violent criminals to the fullest extent. Folks that are scared of guns better stay hunkered down as guns are sure to rise up by themselves and take over the world.

Old 06-04-2022, 04:30 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
More guns make us less safe. The states with the most guns have the highest rate of gun deaths.

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2022/de...t-gun-violence
Too bad the article doesn’t mention how stricter gun laws are working so well in Chicago, LA, NY, etc…, lol.

Great part of the article. Angry folks are a huge problem, which is no surprise as folks are sOOOO overly sensitive these days, and it debunks mental health in regards to mass shootings.

“FACT: While motives in the Uvalde massacre are still unknown, “increasingly, we are seeing people who are frustrated, angry and hateful and using firearms take that out on a particular group,” Crifasi told MarketWatch.

But there’s a distinction between this and a diagnosable mental health issue. It’s also dangerous and irresponsible to link gun violence and mental health. For one thing, mental health issues are far more common than mass shootings: More than 50% of people will be diagnosed with a mental illness or disorder at some point in their lives, according to the CDC. “

Old 06-05-2022, 05:29 AM

437 posts, read 187,984 times
Maybe the problem is Sleepy Joe Biden. Mass shootings in 2021 under Biden, up 10.1 percent from 2020:

https://twitter.com/AartiTikoo/statu...29171005276161

Old 06-05-2022, 06:11 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,902,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Folks that are scared of guns better stay hunkered down as guns are sure to rise up by themselves and take over the world.
The same folks who seemed scared of the rona also seem to be quite scared of guns.
Maybe instead of trying to dictate how everyone else should live, those folks should just invest in some deadbolts and Amazon Prime delivery service.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:49 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
Quote:

But there’s a distinction between this and a diagnosable mental health issue. It’s also dangerous and irresponsible to link gun violence and mental health. For one thing, mental health issues are far more common than mass shootings: More than 50% of people will be diagnosed with a mental illness or disorder at some point in their lives, according to the CDC. “
like i told my boss' see you next tuesday wife "try living in the inner city, not the bucolic confines of your big Hampton Township home, then get back to me".

she has it all figured out, being a millionaire and living where the most danger might come from twisting your ankle from slipping in horse droppings.

thing is, mental insanity is the 'new norm'. i question whether the Ulvade shooter really is insane, or just another person who just didnt give 2 f's.

Old 06-05-2022, 06:55 AM

1,170 posts, read 537,077 times
this is the thread that never ends

Two men critically injured in overnight shooting on South Side

https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/202206050174

"Two men were critically injured early Sunday in a shooting on the South Side.

Pittsburgh police on patrol around 2:30 a.m. responded to the intersection of South 15th and East Carson streets near the Flats on Carson after hearing shots and seeing people running from gunfire."

Old 06-05-2022, 07:14 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,059,604 times
Quote:
Too bad the article doesn’t mention how stricter gun laws are working so well in Chicago, LA, NY, etc…, lol.

when that came up in Washington, DC maybe 13 years ago (I was living in northern VA at that time), they were doing a story on the local news.

I'll never forget a woman, dressed likely as a security guard, a large woman, black says: "guns will be legal? oh, good, I'll get one"

i am guessing, but from that i take it her reality is that she feels insecure in her neighborhood/environment and says, without having to put a lot of thought into it, that she is getting one. i remembered that from over a decade ago...

...because the worst thing you can do is prevent women from having a handgun for her own safety. where are the advocates out there in citi-data land? do you agree with this, from knowing the stories and situations of your clientele?

in other words - no shocker this article doesnt mention the REAL problem - a concentration of bad people, in economicly disadvantaged places where there is a lack of values on how to act reasonably under duress (ie dont shoot into a crowd and hit a baby because someone disrespected you or something like that....)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh