Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2022, 05:00 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
fallingwater - the most famous house in western pennsylvania

it's not on the market - but if it were

the seller would have a real problem - buyers would be like, we love the house and money is no object, but we're having a real problem visualizing where we're gonna put the huge flat screen

Where is this home? Looks pretty amazing. I love looking at cool architecture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2022, 07:30 AM

1,170 posts, read 535,397 times
i finally figured out why this property isn't selling

there's only one flat screen TV in the whole house

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...6_M32510-61821

at a price tag of $4.4 million there should be at least 4 flat screen TV's - one flat screen per million is the rule

Old 12-29-2022, 09:17 AM

1,170 posts, read 535,397 times
Group of friends bought an abandoned high school in Homestead for $100,000 and turned it into a stunning 31-unit apartment building

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...partments.html

"Three friends bought an abandoned high school in Pennsylvania for $100,000 and turned it into a stunning 31-unit apartment building, complete with gym and shared living space.

When 34-year-old real estate agent Jesse Wig saw that the school in Homestead, Pennsylvania, was listed for sale in 2019, he saw an opportunity, according to CNBC.

Wig and Adam Colucci, a 35-year-old real estate investor and owner of an audio-video business, considered several options for the building, including a wedding venue, a beer garden, and even WeWork space."

Old 12-29-2022, 09:26 AM
gg

Quote:
Group of friends bought an abandoned high school in Homestead for $100,000 and turned it into a stunning 31-unit apartment building

"Three friends bought an abandoned high school in Pennsylvania for $100,000 and turned it into a stunning 31-unit apartment building, complete with gym and shared living space.

When 34-year-old real estate agent Jesse Wig saw that the school in Homestead, Pennsylvania, was listed for sale in 2019, he saw an opportunity, according to CNBC.

Wig and Adam Colucci, a 35-year-old real estate investor and owner of an audio-video business, considered several options for the building, including a wedding venue, a beer garden, and even WeWork space."
So a group did it. When I saw that building I hoped that could happen. Congratulations to them and the community.

Old 12-29-2022, 09:49 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,955,580 times
Quote:

I contract with Jesse and painted the common areas of this beautiful building. In addition Ive painted no less than 20 of their properties in the Munhall / Homestead area as well as their Air BnBs on Mount Washington.

Jesse solidified several neighborhoods by purchasing and renovating several homes on one street or block. The group has about 50 properties and is continuously improving the area.

Old 12-29-2022, 10:07 AM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I contract with Jesse and painted the common areas of this beautiful building. In addition Ive painted no less than 20 of their properties in the Munhall / Homestead area as well as their Air BnBs on Mount Washington.

Jesse solidified several neighborhoods by purchasing and renovating several homes on one street or block. The group has about 50 properties and is continuously improving the area.
This makes me very happy. I just love seeing buildings saved and made to be used again. Good stuff. Just hate to see old places fall apart and having to be torn down. Old school buildings are usually built very well and it is always nice to see them go to very good use. His plan is exactly what I was thinking for such buildings. Some people could live and work in the same building and create things.

Old 12-29-2022, 07:32 PM

14,352 posts, read 17,015,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post

I didn't realize you were a painter. Do you do external work as well? Our trim needs to be painted and our old painter has become unreliable and keeps giving excuses for delays.

Old 12-29-2022, 09:01 PM

15 posts, read 4,595 times
BPS is totally tumescent over those super high-priced homes; me, not so much. I like good value in good neighborhoods. Saw this one for sale on a ride today:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...3_M38920-34504

Obviously, in any negotiation, the "babe cave" sign stays, no exceptions. Also, you'd have the benefit of being neighbors with one of the best examples of a "horrible modernist remodel in a Pittsburgh row home neighborhood." I dunno, I'm sure the interior looks great, but I've never been a fan of that place. My other top contender is the home that is across the street from Cattivo in Lawrenceville, although I think that is a completely new construction, rather than a remodel.

Old 12-29-2022, 09:34 PM

1,170 posts, read 590,589 times
That should be in the crime thread; she clearly has a murdered Muppet on her love seat.

Also, whats with people and not making the house looking the best it can? The beds are half made, and there is a rolled up carpet in the backyard (another dead Muppet?). But at least we got the glamour shot of her recycling bin.

Last edited by Tweb66; 12-29-2022 at 09:39 PM.. Reason: added comment

Old 12-29-2022, 09:49 PM

15 posts, read 4,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
That should be in the crime thread; she clearly has a murdered Muppet on her love seat.

Also, whats with people and not making the house looking the best it can? The beds are half made, and there is a rolled up carpet in the backyard (another dead Muppet?). But at least we got the glamour shot of her recycling bin.
THANK YOU! All I ever wanted out of city data was a place where we could snark on local real estate listings -- is that too much to ask?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh