Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2022, 09:36 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,460,290 times

Advertisements

The mayor is planning to spend time on E Carson this weekend in the later hours. I personally dont think 1am and a news announcement of his plans is the right tactic. Incognito and after 2am would give him a much better look at the real issues.

There is a growing group of local residents that are at the tipping point of something needing to happen, lets see what the Mayor thinks is the right plan.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/n...-this-weekend/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2022, 09:45 AM

437 posts, read 187,622 times
I hope he plans on wearing a Kevlar vest.

That article mentions beefing up patrol again this weekend. I believe that was done last weekend and it didn't prevent another shooting from occurring.

I don't know what the answer is to reduce the riff raff, but for the sake of the residents and businesses there, I really hope that the mayor can find some solutions.

Old 06-10-2022, 09:54 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
I will NOT be boating there this weekend....so let the shootings begin

Old 06-10-2022, 09:55 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
So telling the criminals he’s going to be there so they can be on their best bet. Makes sense, lol

Old 06-10-2022, 12:23 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
So telling the criminals he’s going to be there so they can be on their best bet. Makes sense, lol
i know, like when the school principal would sit in on a class....as if the class clowns dont know that, and will react appropriately, for a limited time.

its better than nothing. he needs to be SEEN doing this, if in reality it is just symbolic of some action.

Old 06-10-2022, 12:30 PM

14,353 posts, read 17,030,476 times
One thing I have to say is I'm running into Ed Gainey everywhere. Never saw Peduto out, but I've seen Gainey like four times in the past two months in person - in several cases I was only feet away from him.

Old 06-10-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i know, like when the school principal would sit in on a class....as if the class clowns dont know that, and will react appropriately, for a limited time.

its better than nothing. he needs to be SEEN doing this, if in reality it is just symbolic of some action.
Actually, he should be doing some unannounced ride-a-longs with the police and be on hand to deal with the poor entitled victims of society. Though I’d wager he’d soil the seats, it would make for great tv.

Announcing the visit he won’t have to be in the thick of the violence, and will give him an excuse to shrug it off when the criminals don’t misbehave for a night, and then tell everyone that he, along with the community leaders, business owners, etc…, are going to do everything they can to keep it a safe place to enjoy.

I can’t wait to see who the new Chief is going to be.

Old 06-10-2022, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
One thing I have to say is I'm running into Ed Gainey everywhere. Never saw Peduto out, but I've seen Gainey like four times in the past two months in person - in several cases I was only feet away from him.
It’s great to hear that he’s out and about versus being hunkered down surrounded by police. I’d like to see so much security monitoring folks who have to deal with the violence going on around them. All one had to do to see Peduto most anytime they wanted was to go to his local watering hole, Cappys Cafe.

Old 06-10-2022, 12:35 PM

he is going to step into the south side and everyone will be studying bible verses and drinking tea from fine bone china with pinkies extended...

Old 06-10-2022, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post

red flag - stalker! face rec AI has you on the map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh