Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 02:03 PM

987 posts, read 279,887 times

Advertisements

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2...hip-wpxi-tv-dk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 02:06 PM

265 posts, read 150,607 times
Crybaby Kovacevic. Don’t worry, Dejan, your retail store will fail on its own, regardless of any reports of violence (true or not) in the area.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:30 PM

437 posts, read 187,465 times
He's melodramatic. Just look at his silly beef with Madden for more evidence of that. He's also sanctimonious.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:27 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Poor DK and his hurt feelings. Certainly not the first time. He lost me when he went back to homering the Pirates. Must’ve need the subscriptions because so many Bucs fans hated him for telling the truth, but loved him when he was their beat writer back in the day.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Poor DK and his hurt feelings. Certainly not the first time. He lost me when he went back to homering the Pirates. Must’ve need the subscriptions because so many Bucs fans hated him for telling the truth, but loved him when he was their beat writer back in the day.

And it certainly won't be the last. I liked DK back then as well. He was a great beat reporter for the PG and then the Trib. Now, it's almost insufferable reading his columns because it's like reading a fanboy blog. He used to be much better than that.

So, he's upset that WPXI used the word "shooting" to describe a window being shot out downtown. I really don't see what the issue is here. Was a gun used? If so, it was a shooting. All seems like much ado about nothing.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:59 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,696,101 times
I really liked his Pirates blog back in the day for the PG. I was a huge fan. Haven't followed him in awhile.

I'm not sure his beef with WPXI. Is it because they made the story seem like a shooting w/victims just to hype it? I can see his gripe. WPXI is probably the worst of the news stations. Often they screw up the videos. For example, "next on Channel 11 we'll bring you our exclusive interview with Penguins star Sidney Crosby.." and a video of a goat grazing on a city hillside is shown..

Old 06-23-2022, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
I really liked his Pirates blog back in the day for the PG. I was a huge fan. Haven't followed him in awhile.

I'm not sure his beef with WPXI. Is it because they made the story seem like a shooting w/victims just to hype it? I can see his gripe. WPXI is probably the worst of the news stations. Often they screw up the videos. For example, "next on Channel 11 we'll bring you our exclusive interview with Penguins star Sidney Crosby.." and a video of a goat grazing on a city hillside is shown..

I barely watch local news. I'll go on their sites for news, but it doesn't surprise me to read what you said about WPXI. Aren't they usually behind KDKA and WTAE for ratings?

Still, it seems like a weird hill to die on for Dejan. I don't see what the big deal is and it seems like he's the white knight that Pittsburgh deserves, but doesn't need right now.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:27 AM

1,170 posts, read 535,924 times
Quote:
I'm not sure his beef with WPXI. Is it because they made the story seem like a shooting w/victims just to hype it? I can see his gripe.
me too - WPXI is good for one thing only - morning newsbabe eye candy

well played, dejan

Old 06-24-2022, 06:34 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:

I'm not sure his beef with WPXI. Is it because they made the story seem like a shooting w/victims just to hype it? I can see his gripe. ...
i stopped reading. i mean, how riveting is this decision of his? right up there w/ recent Supreme Court rulings?

Old 06-24-2022, 08:32 AM

1,119 posts, read 516,862 times
An arrogant, condescending blowhard. Ridiculously thin skinned and full of himself. He blows things out of portion to an insane degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh