Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,996 times

Advertisements

I was at the Upstage during a really great time in my life! I had so much fun! Harry Wagner was the DJ, and MOST of the best tunes were played! Went to the Banana, but LOVED the Upstage!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,701 times
I was there in '87-'88. Me and Lori would go - I don't remember the night of the week, but like Wednesday sticks in my mind. I always wore my favorite shiny black faux-patent leather loafers and these black pegged pants. We were underage but had fixed our driver's license so our birthdays were years earlier than they really were. And we were naive - we smoked cigarettes and drank wine or wine coolers- but I really don't remember anything more shady. It seemed that everyone smoked- and indoors! Benson and Hedges Deluxe Ultra Lights for me.
I love the DJ- "love cats" was my favorite song at the time and the one that still reminds me of the first boy I liked and actually did something about. "The Passenger" was also another one that got me on the floor. I remember the video screen in the corner with the sights and sounds of Siouxie Sue spinning in that weird glass thing, a Hector in Paris video, and dour Morrissey feeding my teenage angst.
I think if there were five moments in my life that I could return to for a day (or night) that a night at the Upstage would be one of them.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,595 times
Default Remember the Upstage Pgh pa

The Upstage may be gone but we still relive the memories. Thursday May 31st, I will host a Tribute night to Harry "The Wire" and Spike at The Inn-Termission Lounge on Carson St between 19th & 20th South Side. Relive some old radio recordings from The Wire's WYEP days and music from the Wire Collection. Also Spike played an Important part and DJ's will spin House music in Honor. Both of these DJ and personal friends gave me the break to ba part of Upstage DJ history. Come on and have a few drinks while listening and dancing to the memories. Thanks DJ EZ Lou, Upstage 1988 - 1990 & back in 1995 to 1999 and then to the Beehive in Oakland and back again until the close in 2006.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:21 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,977,619 times
It was a great time and a great place! Was there many times.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,482 times
Smile Upstage

They were the best days of my life!

Old 02-25-2013, 02:40 PM

34 posts, read 81,309 times
The upstage was a blast. Good times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh