Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2022, 03:46 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,401,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
i got a rep for this comment of mine above, and the person who left it wrote: "he's a fascist"

Will that person care to explain why you think that, or cite examples of why DeSantis is a fascist?
Im hoping for something concrete and worth reading, whether i agree with it or not.

given that Trump is fascist-like, yes, so focus on DeSantis if you wish to answer - no examples w/ Donald-affiliation.
I am guessing they don't know what a fascist is.

Old 08-16-2022, 03:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,250,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I am guessing they don't know what a fascist is.
Bingo….he’s a Republican so they think he’s a big meanie…all the while folks have been flocking to Florida in droves the past 2 years. Need more Governors like him.

Last edited by erieguy; 08-16-2022 at 04:04 PM..

Old 08-16-2022, 05:15 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,064,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo….he’s a Republican so they think he’s a big meanie…all the while folks have been flocking to Florida in droves the past 2 years. Need more Governors like him.
*sigh* ok, but honestly, i am trying to nitpick at their argument. i wanna HEAR why its "fascism".

until people start standing up for what they mean, there is no progress. this is why i am silent in a lot of threads - i have my opinions, but dont want to just spout rhetoric - i want to know WHY i think A and not B, even knowing why some will choose B. without willing to do the research/study, or having no personal experience maybe to draw from on a topic, i'll read posts but dont want to chime in.

erieguy, you especially are adamant about people justifying their position.

Old 08-16-2022, 06:00 PM

4,680 posts, read 4,999,555 times
Quote:
*sigh* ok, but honestly, i am trying to nitpick at their argument. i wanna HEAR why its "fascism".

until people start standing up for what they mean, there is no progress. this is why i am silent in a lot of threads - i have my opinions, but dont want to just spout rhetoric - i want to know WHY i think A and not B, even knowing why some will choose B. without willing to do the research/study, or having no personal experience maybe to draw from on a topic, i'll read posts but dont want to chime in.

I said this on another thread: Democrats believe their policies are more popular and therefore, elections are theirs to lose (at a national level, or, in PA and other states that pretty close to average in terms of political makeup). But this does not account for the possibility of a charismatic leader on the other side. So, when one of these leaders emerges on the Republican side, and Republicans win elections they're not "supposed to win," in flood the excuses from the Democrat side. It used to just be "they're voting against their interests," or "they're voting against policies that would help them," but now that the temperature of political discourse has been turned up to insane levels, it's "they're voting for fascism."

That's where the fascism stuff comes from. As far as I can tell, it has bupkis to do with fascism in the Poli Sci 101 sense.

Old 08-16-2022, 06:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,250,320 times
Quote:

As we’ve seen, there’s often no justification or proof to claims. DeSantis is very popular, Florida is booming, people are leaving Dem states in droves to go there, and he has a great opportunity to be POTUS if he decides to run. All things many don’t want to hear and instead attack him for it. I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for a response. Rep comments are often as ridiculous as they are hilarious and those that remain anonymous simply have no justification to their claims or they’d post them for everyone to see.

Old 08-16-2022, 06:09 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,015,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post

That's where the fascism stuff comes from.
As someone that travels from FL to PA I can say this. The term "fascism" is a joke. "right wing"? These days that is a JOKE! If you want to be "ruled" and have next to no freedom, you vote democrat. I experienced this clearly during the pandemic. We shut down all the liquor stores for months, closed everything down and made people go nuts. Meanwhile in republican land they were open, you could live and choose for yourself how you handled the pandemic.

Old 08-16-2022, 08:48 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,015,365 times
Seems there might be an announcement of the time and location. I would stay away from it due to the leftist mob that WILL be there with their violent acts and who knows what. They are VERY dangerous as well ALL know. I honestly wish DeSantis wasn't coming as it is just too dangerous for our city with the left running everything and their violence.

THIS FRIDAY in Pittsburgh! “Unite & Win" Rally featuring
Gov Ron DeSantis
and PA Gubernatorial Candidate

Fri, Aug 19, 2022, 4:30 PM EDT
Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh
600 Commonwealth Pl
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

******Please stay safe. Life is too short to be around the mob from the left on this. They are already going nuts on another forum and believe me, they will hurt people there unless we have G-20 style policing which seems to not be in style.

Good luck to all and Godspeed. I am thankfully going to be home and will be armed and at the ready.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:20 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,966,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Seems there might be an announcement of the time and location. I would stay away from it due to the leftist mob that WILL be there with their violent acts and who knows what. They are VERY dangerous as well ALL know. I honestly wish DeSantis wasn't coming as it is just too dangerous for our city with the left running everything and their violence.

THIS FRIDAY in Pittsburgh! “Unite & Win" Rally featuring
Gov Ron DeSantis
and PA Gubernatorial Candidate

Fri, Aug 19, 2022, 4:30 PM EDT
Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh
600 Commonwealth Pl
Pittsburgh, PA 15222

******Please stay safe. Life is too short to be around the mob from the left on this. They are already going nuts on another forum and believe me, they will hurt people there unless we have G-20 style policing which seems to not be in style.

Good luck to all and Godspeed. I am thankfully going to be home and will be armed and at the ready.
I do not know one person on the left that cares about this. We will simply vote. Do you consider that violent? Political violence occurs but not from the left. The FBI just shot up a Trump supporter trying to wreak havoc on a FBI field office. January 6, 2021 and the Charlottesville VA tragedy.... You are out of touch with reality and sadly most of the right is at this point. You (the right) manufacture and repeat lies until you really believe what you say no matter how insane it appears. I will all be over soon enough.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:46 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,709,628 times
I just don't see any justification for voting for more of the same under Democratic governing. Nobody of any party affiliation can say that these are good times. I mean, these last few years are have been one tragic nightmare after another. I see no hope by voting for the possibility of more lockdowns, freedoms being taken away, forced vaccines and masks, more homelessness, insane inflation, empty store shelves, formula shortages, international unrest, rioting, defunding police departments, record gas prices. And I just got started. And this is in only two years. Massive inflation isn't good enough, we want more? It's obvious that Dems will vote for more of this just because they dislike Republicans. What a sad reason. I vote for the best choice regardless. I may not have even voted Fetterman for Braddock mayor have I lived there. For U.S. Senate? What has he done for our state? If one believes in "leading by example", and we all should, he's doomed. There's lots of blame to go around on both sides but come on.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:54 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,904,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I do not know one person on the left that cares about this. We will simply vote. Do you consider that violent? Political violence occurs but not from the left. The FBI just shot up a Trump supporter trying to wreak havoc on a FBI field office. January 6, 2021 and the Charlottesville VA tragedy.... You are out of touch with reality and sadly most of the right is at this point. You (the right) manufacture and repeat lies until you really believe what you say no matter how insane it appears. I will all be over soon enough.
Are you sure that you're in touch with reality?

Congressional Baseball Game Shooting
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congre...eball_shooting

Planned assassination of Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...t-man-indicted
(to say nothing of illegally protesting outside of Justices' homes)

And of course the BLM Protests
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Floyd_protests
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh