Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 10:38 AM

1,170 posts, read 537,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
See, here's the evidence that the demagoguery here has permanently damaged this forum. It is no longer a community where you can ask a question and expect anybody here to answer because they live out of the city, county or state. To answer your question as I do live here, I have not seen these yet. On the suspicion that these can damage us somehow; I am wary of them as well. I'll be looking for them, thanks.
i've been living in shadyside for decades and the wireless service has always been great

and during that time i never saw a wireless transmitter other than on top of a tall building

i just don't understand why we need these 5G things all over the friggin' neighborhood - what so my refrigerator can be hooked up to the internet of things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2022, 10:57 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post
i've been living in shadyside for decades and the wireless service has always been great

and during that time i never saw a wireless transmitter other than on top of a tall building

i just don't understand why we need these 5G things all over the friggin' neighborhood - what so my refrigerator can be hooked up to the internet of things?
I haven't been buying smart appliances, I don't have a smart assistant either. I don't trust something listening to me and my family all day long. The only things that have been going up on poles in my area is shot spotter tech and intersection cameras. Some database knows where we are as we drive about the city:

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/chan...NVIFXCQMUL73U/

Old 11-09-2022, 12:28 PM

Cancer and Cell Phones | 5G Deception | Chris Moore and Dr. Devra Davis on Pittsburgh Now – WPXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jPKepPOV7g

"these towers will ubiquitous and we will have no control over where they're put up"

Old 11-09-2022, 04:40 PM

3,711 posts, read 2,702,142 times
Quote:
Cancer and Cell Phones | 5G Deception | Chris Moore and Dr. Devra Davis on Pittsburgh Now – WPXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jPKepPOV7g

"these towers will ubiquitous and we will have no control over where they're put up"
Interesting. I know Devra Davis personally, though we haven't seen each other in many years. She wrote a great book on the Donora pollution event a few years ago. I know her to be wickedly intelligent, completely forthright and honest, and she's as Left as the day is long. A great mind. Thanks for posting this. Glad to see she's still around.

Old 11-16-2022, 07:00 AM

came across another one - for better or worse, shadyside is the 5G capital of pittsburgh

Old 12-02-2022, 11:00 AM

Old 12-04-2022, 05:35 PM

408 posts, read 232,348 times
Not sure if anyone studies networking here but 5G and 5GUW are needed. Way too many smartphones that LTE data rates cannot handle, bandwidth is getting worse as well. These technology’s are necessary for cities. I am happy to see them go up and become the norm. Some of my friends even cut their Internet bill for 5G instead.

Old 12-05-2022, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherho View Post
Some of my friends even cut their Internet bill for 5G instead.
what does that mean?

Old 12-05-2022, 07:22 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,702,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherho View Post
Not sure if anyone studies networking here but 5G and 5GUW are needed. Way too many smartphones that LTE data rates cannot handle, bandwidth is getting worse as well. These technology’s are necessary for cities. I am happy to see them go up and become the norm. Some of my friends even cut their Internet bill for 5G instead.
They're only "needed" because we have no choice. Cell/wireless companies will make our cell phones unworkable whether we like it or not. Makes me want to go back to landlines. An old fashioned telephone.

Old 12-05-2022, 07:36 AM

408 posts, read 232,348 times
Quote:
what does that mean?
Basically instead of paying a monthly FIOS bill, they elected to use 5G or 5GUW as a personal hotspot through their phone (and getting amazing data rates). With one of the higher 5G cell plans (I think it’s like 80 bucks a month) you will be able to use this as your primary source for internet instead of a dedicated source. Now if you’re a heavy user (and I mean over 2 TB a month kind of user) then it might not work out as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
They're only "needed" because we have no choice. Cell/wireless companies will make our cell phones unworkable whether we like it or not. Makes me want to go back to landlines. An old fashioned telephone.
This is in accurate. We have a-lot of people streaming video either via a streaming source, or FaceTime type calling, internet browsing, etc and all of this combined with a-lot of people congested in small areas causes major issues for LTE and it cannot keep up. 5G is like what Fiber is to landline internet. With the way our technology is moving, these types of services are needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh