Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2022, 10:01 PM

1,170 posts, read 535,160 times

Advertisements

how many of you have this same experience?

in the morning the sun rises in the east

and then in the evening the moon also rises in the east

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2022, 10:10 PM

6,782 posts, read 9,588,550 times
Are you doing okay?

Old 12-13-2022, 10:29 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,389,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUILD PENN SQUARE View Post

I notice the sun stays stationary and we spin at an extremely fast rate but we actually appear to not be moving and the sun is spinning. I also ate some funky mushrooms for dinner so i am no expert.

Old 12-14-2022, 11:57 AM

987 posts, read 279,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Are you doing okay?

He's descending into madness and becoming increasingly unhinged.

Old 12-14-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
Are you doing okay?
i'm doing fine, thanks for asking

there's a lot of brains on this forum, and it's got me wondering

why all the arguing about politics when we all wake up to the same celestial situation every day?

the sun rises in the east, you go to work (or maybe you're off that day)

the moon rises in the east, you go to sleep (or maybe you're on something)

it's basically the same drill for all of us - and in the daytime we argue about nothing

is that about right?

Old 12-14-2022, 07:42 PM

6,357 posts, read 5,050,411 times
Quote:

*drums fingers on the table* *takes puff from cigar*

im not sure you have it all perfectly. first, neither body actually 'rises'. do you get that much, for starters???

Old 12-15-2022, 07:13 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
i'm doing fine, thanks for asking

there's a lot of brains on this forum, and it's got me wondering

why all the arguing about politics when we all wake up to the same celestial situation every day?

the sun rises in the east, you go to work (or maybe you're off that day)

the moon rises in the east, you go to sleep (or maybe you're on something)

it's basically the same drill for all of us - and in the daytime we argue about nothing

is that about right?
Well…. Yes but. The rotation on the earth on its axis which is tilted does some interesting things. For instance while the sun may rise on the east and set in the west, it isn’t exactly the same for us because of the tilt of the axis.

Example: in my house which I bought in the spring, I noticed that during the day throughout the spring in the summer I did not have sun directly into my windows anywhere in the house. The sun was strictly overhead. It was an interesting thing that saved me money because the house never got really hot so the air conditioning didn’t have to work so hard. I understand I came from California, where I didn’t have insulation because they didn’t do that 100 years ago, and I didn’t have air-conditioning because up until about five or six years ago we didn’t need it.

Come the fall and the earth is tilting on its planetary path around the sun, all of a sudden, around 3 o’clock the sun is beating in the window of my living room. I had to switch from my comfy sofa, to my comfy chair. Air conditioning was now off, heater was working, set at 68, house is 73. I get to save money because when it gets cold at night, my house is still heated up from the sun beating in the window in the afternoon. As we get closer to the winter solstice, the sun is actually beaming into the house earlier. It’s kind of interesting.

Old 12-15-2022, 07:22 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,242,236 times
By the way — where the hell is Orion? I can’t find him up in the sky… wrong time?

Old 12-19-2022, 07:02 AM

wish i had seen this

Incredible sight in the sky: Meteor spotted over Pittsburgh

https://www.wtae.com/article/incredi...burgh/42130802

"The American Meteor Society reported more than 600 sightings of the meteor, which was seen over Pittsburgh around 7:30 p.m. Thursday.

Multiple people shared videos of the meteor, including Jared Rackley, who captured a shot of the meteor on a Nest camera in Pittsburgh."

WATCH: Meteor lights up the night sky in western Pennsylvania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sG0m70YdOM

Old 01-06-2023, 08:08 AM

found this on reddit - gotta dig this type of esoteric/celestial analysis

in oakland, the three most prominent landmarks are aligned to orion’s belt and the giza pyramids // relative to this alignment, the carnegie institute is sized and oriented exactly proportionate to khafre’s pyramid

https://www.reddit.com/r/pittsburgh/...landmarks_are/

https://pseudodudo.com/research

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh