Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 04:47 AM

32,623 posts, read 77,718,441 times

Advertisements

For what it's worth I've struggled with mental illness off and on over the years---generally borne from severe anxiety issues that sometimes cripple me to the point where I don't even want to follow through with going to house parties we are invited to---so I find it offensive that some of you are equating mental illness to "laziness". I don't think John Fetterman is being "intentionally lazy". I think his mental illness is making him that way. When I am feeling mentally well and balanced I overachieve everywhere---at work, at home, volunteering, etc. When I am feeling extremely anxious I can barely function.

I was not a Fetterman fan at all. With that being said we need to STOP stigmatizing mental illness---especially among middle-aged men. I work for the city police, and the amount of men in our city we are losing to suicide and/or fatal overdoses is staggering, and many of those men would still be with us if we weren't so ingrained as a toxically masculine culture to tell men to just hold in their feelings or to just "get over" things all the time. That's one of the reasons why women have a much longer life expectancy than men.

Old 03-17-2023, 06:12 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,033,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

I was not a Fetterman fan at all. With that being said we need to STOP stigmatizing mental illness---especially among middle-aged men. I work for the city police, and the amount of men in our city we are losing to suicide and/or fatal overdoses is staggering, and many of those men would still be with us if we weren't so ingrained as a toxically masculine culture to tell men to just hold in their feelings or to just "get over" things all the time. That's one of the reasons why women have a much longer life expectancy than men.
Fetterman is in a very powerful position that he was voted in to be a leader for our entire state. I don't think people are attacking the mental illness problem as much as who we could have had help lead the 5th most populated state in the US.

As far as so many men killing themselves, it is VERY clear why those numbers increased so dramatically. A certain party wants all strong men's head on a plate and they have been attacked for years and years. As for police, again there is a certain party that mentally attack men in uniform. (men of power) How else can I put it, unless we want to live in a fake world. They have been protested relentlessly. Who the heck would want that job? Not many.

I'm sure my opinion will be deleted even though it is factual if you are actually living in Pittsburgh and seeing what goes on against anyone that tries to lead that is a man of power/strength. Fetterman is a mess and suffering mental illness, so he is perfect for anyone that wants to castrate men. He is showing total weakness and certain people love it and salivate over it.

I'm sure my opinion isn't popular, but I know it to be true and so do most people. People just don't want to admit it. Fetterman can't be "strong" in any way. If he was he would be treated like DeSantis and he isn't nearly strong enough to take on that brutal assault by the strong man haters. It is what it is. You kill the bull elephant, the herd doesn't do very well. We should be able to see we need some strong leaders in place, but I digress. Carry on. I'm not a popular poster here. Too real.

Old 03-17-2023, 06:57 AM

1,913 posts, read 745,312 times
He got what he wanted - the government will support him for the rest of his life. Karma is a *****.

Old 03-17-2023, 07:53 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,271,590 times
Quote:
For what it's worth I've struggled with mental illness off and on over the years---generally borne from severe anxiety issues that sometimes cripple me to the point where I don't even want to follow through with going to house parties we are invited to---so I find it offensive that some of you are equating mental illness to "laziness". I don't think John Fetterman is being "intentionally lazy". I think his mental illness is making him that way. When I am feeling mentally well and balanced I overachieve everywhere---at work, at home, volunteering, etc. When I am feeling extremely anxious I can barely function.

Nobody’s equating mental illness to laziness. He’s simply put in part time hours for years so your unfounded claim holds no water, unless you’re saying he’s been mentally ill for many years?

Old 03-17-2023, 08:39 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,714,795 times
Why the news? Isn't he legally obligated to open an office in the city? Losing patience with this guy. I wish him good health but he needs to start working.

Old 03-17-2023, 10:25 AM

32,623 posts, read 77,718,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Losing patience with this guy. I wish him good health but he needs to start working.
Are we talking about Fetterman or Gainey?

Old 03-17-2023, 11:19 AM

1,171 posts, read 539,281 times
every time i hear the name john fetterman it reminds me of his tenant superior motors and kevin sousa

Pop-up dining to open in former Superior Motors space

https://triblive.com/lifestyles/food...-motors-space/

"Two Braddock businesses are collaborating to offer a pop-up dining experience at the restaurant space, which closed during the onset of the pandemic in 2020. The restaurant helmed by chef Kevin Sousa — located beneath Sen. John Fetterman’s residence — opened to fanfare in 2017. It never recovered after the pandemic, and Sousa later left a failed venture in 2021 in Mount Oliver."

how funny is it that bill peduto, a normal looking person who was the mayor of pittsburgh, a major american city, at the same time very unusual-looking fetterman was mayor of braddock, a completely failed tiny steel town, is totally out of politics - and fetterman is a US senator

if only hunter s thompson were alive today to appreciate this wild moment in history - freak power

Last edited by BUILD PENN SQUARE; 03-17-2023 at 11:35 AM..

Old 03-17-2023, 08:26 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,575,737 times
Quote:

Old 03-17-2023, 09:21 PM

3,291 posts, read 2,782,872 times
are you people serious you are not being represented. you are being ruled by fascist lunatics. and if you don't know what fascist really means, check out what Mussolini said. Its the face (fascia) of free market, but the soul of totalitarianism. Fetterman is a Nothing, a Nobody. he has a commie wife. she thinks shes getting somewhere. The Party just laughs

Last edited by _Buster; 03-17-2023 at 09:33 PM..

Old 03-18-2023, 02:51 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,271,590 times
Quote:
They’re certainly proving their incompetence, combined with incoherence for Fetterman, though it may also hold true for Big Ed.

Last edited by erieguy; 03-18-2023 at 03:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh