Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2023, 11:02 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,395,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I wonder what it is that you`re babbling about?

I don't expect you to understand.

Old 03-23-2023, 11:17 AM

1,026 posts, read 448,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
If he can't handle a full time schedule he needs to go.
Kinda hard to place that standard on any elected official given the fact that the ''Big Guy'' can't handle a full time schedule as well...otherwise, I agree.

But has Fetterman ever had a full-time schedule in his life though? Certainly not a go-getter, up and at'em individual from the get-go. His dress ''style'' is telling.

Last edited by MPK21; 03-23-2023 at 11:32 AM..

Old 03-23-2023, 11:32 AM

1,026 posts, read 448,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
That was just part of the article. My question to Trump fans is Do you believe he weighs 239 pounds? Like his Doctor reported.
This weight # is from 2018?

Regardless, generally you can see if someone has gained or lost weight.

What no one put together or ever thought of is what Fetterman's clothing style might indicate. The hoodie/shorts ''don't care'' look was passed off as Fetterman bonding with the ''working class'' (from which he is far from ever living or experiencing).

Now we know that Fetterman's style was simply a red flag of his long-term clinical depression. Something never mentioned until he checked into a nut house last month.

The stroke was one thing, the physical results being covered up and hidden until the late October jaw dropping performance. 5 weeks as a U.S. Senator and now he's cooped up for his undisclosed long-term clinical depression.

But Fetterman's opening an office in Pittsburgh!! wtf?

Old 03-23-2023, 05:15 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
But has Fetterman ever had a full-time schedule in his life though?
He lived of his republican parents all is life. He is a spoiled brat. He wasn't groomed for actually working, BUT he fits the perfect bill for our new regime of power. He is a big man in need. PERFECT!!!! There are women having organisms over this. I big 6'5" man needs so much help. OMG, women and gay men are in heaven. HEAVEN!!!!!! Look everyone all big men need our help!!!! YES!!! Now on the flip side there are real men that don't need help and that is horrible for the new regime. TRUMP! DeSantis! OMG, they lead!!!! NO!!! NO!!!!

Real life is something else with the internet. OUCH for us.

Last edited by gg; 03-23-2023 at 05:53 PM..

Old 03-23-2023, 05:51 PM

24,124 posts, read 32,498,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
For what it's worth I've struggled with mental illness off and on over the years---generally borne from severe anxiety issues that sometimes cripple me to the point where I don't even want to follow through with going to house parties we are invited to---so I find it offensive that some of you are equating mental illness to "laziness". I don't think John Fetterman is being "intentionally lazy". I think his mental illness is making him that way. When I am feeling mentally well and balanced I overachieve everywhere---at work, at home, volunteering, etc. When I am feeling extremely anxious I can barely function.

I was not a Fetterman fan at all. With that being said we need to STOP stigmatizing mental illness---especially among middle-aged men. I work for the city police, and the amount of men in our city we are losing to suicide and/or fatal overdoses is staggering, and many of those men would still be with us if we weren't so ingrained as a toxically masculine culture to tell men to just hold in their feelings or to just "get over" things all the time. That's one of the reasons why women have a much longer life expectancy than men.
I have always liked Fetterman. As a resident of Eastern Ohio, and a former resident of Pennsylvania, I do care about the senator of my neighboring state, and I wish him the best of health.

I agree that men are held to a different standard than are women. Post stroke depression is not uncommon, and I would personally not categorize it as "mental illness".

A mentally ill person has a thought disorder. They might indulge in dangerous behavior, or encourage others to do so. They frequently thing that they are above the law, incapable or error, more knowledgeable and intellectually superior to others. They may also suffer from personality disorders that prevent them from having friends, or long term, and enduring relationships with other people. They are frequently out of touch with how they look to others - in both their appearance and actions.

An example would be if an elected official with no medical training, encourages others to inject toxic substances. Has had multiple marriages. Has no peer friends and does not marry people of similar socioeconomic backgrounds so that they can always be "superior". For example, a man with an Ivy League education seeking partners who have no higher education at all. Or, someone who says that he could open fire on people for no reason, and still be elected president. These are all symptoms of malignant narcissism and antisocial personality disorder.
This is the description of a mad man.

Fetterman has not exhibited any outlandish behavior even remotely close to that. He is a sane man, who is in my prayers.

He seems like a decent, hard working individual. As is my current governor, Mike Dewine. While I don't always agree with him, he is a sincere person.

Last edited by sheena12; 03-23-2023 at 06:59 PM..

Old 03-23-2023, 06:30 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,395,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have always liked Fetterman. As a resident of Eastern Ohio, and a former resident of Pennsylvania, I do care about the governor of my neighboring state, and I wish him the best of health.

I agree that men are held to a different standard than are women. Post stroke depression is not uncommon, and I would personally not categorize it as "mental illness".

A mentally ill person has a thought disorder. They might indulge in dangerous behavior, or encourage others to do so. They frequently thing that they are above the law, incapable or error, more knowledgeable and intellectually superior to others. They may also suffer from personality disorders that prevent them from having friends, or long term, and enduring relationships with other people. They are frequently out of touch with how they look to others - in both their appearance and actions.

An example would be if an elected official with no medical training, encourages others to inject toxic substances. Has had multiple marriages. Has no peer friends and does not marry people of similar socioeconomic backgrounds so that they can always be "superior". For example, a man with an Ivy League education seeking partners who have no higher education at all. Or, someone who says that he could open fire on people for no reason, and still be elected president. These are all symptoms of malignant narcissism and antisocial personality disorder.

Gov. Fetterman has not exhibited any outlandish behavior even remotely close to that. He is a sane man, who is in my prayers.

He seems like a decent, hard working individual. As is my current governor, Mike Dewine. While I don't always agree with him, he is a sincere person.
Not the governor

Old 03-23-2023, 06:34 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Not the governor
Bingo…they don’t even know he’s not the Governor, and called their own Governor Mike Desantis before editing, lol…and hard work to describe Fetterman is priceless. Lived off mom and dad till he was 49, was a lousy mayor of a still lousy town, put in part time hours as Lt. Governor, and can’t hack it as Senator.

Old 03-23-2023, 06:44 PM

1,411 posts, read 566,307 times
Quote:
I have always liked Fetterman. As a resident of Eastern Ohio, and a former resident of Pennsylvania, I do care about the governor of my neighboring state, and I wish him the best of health.

Gov. Fetterman has not exhibited any outlandish behavior even remotely close to that. He is a sane man, who is in my prayers.

"Governor" Fetterman "hard working"?? That's the howler of the day!
This is a prime example of the low information, simple minded partisan who actually believes the twaddle that Lurch spews.

Old 03-23-2023, 06:51 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,902,171 times
Quote:

He's not the Governor.
He's had lifelong depression - its not solely related to his post-stroke recovery.

Your opinion is unfortunately utterly uninformed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
This is a prime example of the low information, simple minded partisan who actually believes the twaddle that Lurch spews.
Double bingo.

Old 03-23-2023, 07:19 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post
That's not even the worst part. The worst is the expression of dismay about Donald Trump marrying a woman who doesn't have a college degree. Oh yeah, that's the first thing a man looks for in a young trophy wife: that sheepskin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh