Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 04:24 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,055,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Spoken like someone who has been lucky enough to not suffer from or be exposed so anyone who has addiction issues.
with all due compassion here, just admit erie is right, and i quote:

Easy enough not to do drugs to begin with. Do stupid things pay the consequences…but how dare folks be expected to be responsible and accountable for their own actions

why do people not admit it is their own choice to throw away caution and responsibility for all to brief escapism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 04:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

Easy enough not to do drugs to begin with. Do stupid things pay the consequences…but how dare folks be expected to be responsible and accountable for their own actions

why do people not admit it is their own choice to throw away caution and responsibility for all to brief escapism?
Because accountability and taking responsibility is greatly gone. I remember a post of someone admitting they were speeding but “I was only going 5 mph over the speed limit”, so it was probably more, and saying the cop shouldn’t have given them a ticket and they were going to fight it versus simply taking responsibility and paying it. Been many years ago and I still laugh at it. Speaks volumes to folks today.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:17 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,393,123 times
How dare someone take responsibility for their actions. Shame on you erieguy.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:21 PM

Here is todays news

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/sta...r=greg_price11

Old 04-19-2023, 05:25 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,958,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post

It is more complicated than that. What about the 12 year old turned onto drugs by her parents?

What about the sickle cell anemia patient seeking pain relief because the USDA changed opioid prescription requirements?

What about the young man that was molested as a child and now uses drugs to escape his tormented reality?

I see and deal with the most difficult cases and I no longer judge. There’s a sequence of events that lead to addiction. The older I get I’ve learn to not judge people. I was thee most critical pompous snob out there. Working in social services opened my eyes. Everyone has a story. Everyone has a battle even when they cannot admit it.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
LMAO!!! That’s as hilarious as it is ridiculous, and an absolute embarrassment.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
It is more complicated than that. What about the 12 year old turned onto drugs by her parents?

What about the sickle cell anemia patient seeking pain relief because the USDA changed opioid prescription requirements?

What about the young man that was molested as a child and now uses drugs to escape his tormented reality?

I see and deal with the most difficult cases and I no longer judge. There’s a sequence of events that lead to addiction. The older I get I’ve learn to not judge people. I was thee most critical pompous snob out there. Working in social services opened my eyes. Everyone has a story. Everyone has a battle even when they cannot admit it.
Don’t recall anyone saying there aren’t exceptions to the rule, however, there’s plenty of folks that simply choose to do drugs, get addicted to drugs, and become a burden on friends, family, taxpayers, etc…, as they brought it on themselves and have nobody to blame but themselves.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post

Since they have a battle does that mean they lose all responsibility for their actions? Does it mean they can toss dirty needles in a park? Does it allow them to use the restroom on a sidewalk? How about steal from a business? I say it doesn't excuse them. Being addicted to drugs is taking the easy way out of handling your problems. Taking the hard way out is addressing your problems, going to treatment, working on your mental or physical pain and becoming a productive member of society. Making excuses for their actions will not help there problem go away, it only prolongs it.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
LMAO!!! That’s as hilarious as it is ridiculous, and an absolute embarrassment.
The handicap is funny? The lasting effects of a stroke is somehow funny and ridiculous? You’re trash.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Since they have a battle does that mean they lose all responsibility for their actions? Does it mean they can toss dirty needles in a park? Does it allow them to use the restroom on a sidewalk? How about steal from a business? I say it doesn't excuse them. Being addicted to drugs is taking the easy way out of handling your problems. Taking the hard way out is addressing your problems, going to treatment, working on your mental or physical pain and becoming a productive member of society. Making excuses for their actions will not help there problem go away, it only prolongs it.
Did I ever say that? There are drug addicts then there are mentally ill and unstable people who really need medical attention. Drugs are totally ingrained into our fabric. This issue is a lot larger than a ****ty sidewalk or a stollen handbag. People have lost children, siblings and parents. I’m sure they do not want to hear your criticism. Do you think everyone has equal access to treatment? It is more complicated than that.

I do not understand addiction. I do not drink, smoke, or use drugs. My parents taught me empathy especially regarding things that I do not understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh