Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 02:28 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Why do you want to complain about the problem ad nauseam rather than come up with any solutions?
Is this really how working people want to live? It is a shame what Pittsburgh allowed. No excuses. Residents voted for this. There were other choices. The city went anti-police.

There are rarely threads like this, but the problem is there. I don’t care as much as I used to. I’m proud Pittsburgh has bicycling infrastructure now. I saw tons of cyclists today. Must be pedal Pittsburgh today. Great stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2023, 02:43 PM

22,594 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I saw tons of cyclists today. Must be pedal Pittsburgh today. Great stuff.

Yep, BikePGH has its big ride today! Beautiful day for it, and lots of people out and about.

Old 08-27-2023, 05:37 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,987,872 times
Quote:
Yep, BikePGH has its big ride today! Beautiful day for it, and lots of people out and about.
It was a perfect day with low pollution. Wish I could have gone. Always fun.

I don’t want to start another crime thread, but the owner of VIP Styles was shot in Clairton and died. Such a shame, as he was a very nice man.

https://www.wtae.com/article/clairto...venue/44917080

Old 08-28-2023, 05:33 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,632,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
Yes. Tents, pee, poops, biohazards and druggies loser coddled morons all over the Mon Whark parking lot. And the city won;t do anything. Mayor would rather pass out Narcan and tents then protect hnest working citizens. A one term mayor, if that.
You underestimate the stupidity of the voters of the East End.

Old 08-28-2023, 07:09 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,057,552 times
Quote:

I don’t want to start another crime thread, but the owner of VIP Styles was shot in Clairton and died. Such a shame, as he was a very nice man.

its a shame. he was a good guy.

Old 08-28-2023, 07:27 AM

17,326 posts, read 22,065,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Weiner World has been put up for sale. This sale is symbolic of the deterioration of downtown Pittsburgh. That part of downtown resembles the worst parts of some other cities like Philadelphia, San Francsico, Portland, and many others. Open drug use, drug selling, people passed out of the streets, homeless all over the streets, human waste, and even harassment of people just passing by. I have seen people harassed right in front of the Embassy Suites hotel. All involved including the Gainey Administration, the Allegheny County Department of Human Services, and the organizations they use have all failed. It appears the police have given up since they arrest the drug dealers only to have the released and back on the street in a day or two.

https://sofrankoadvisors.com/listing...ld-pittsburgh/

As far as Weiner World, it might make business sense to by the equipment and brand and open in a better location.

Asking Price: $256,000, (Including Brand), or $150,000, (Assets without the Name)

Gross Revenue: $480,000

Cash Flow: $98,000 after officer salary

Guy isn't making a whole lot of money but its only open a few hours a day. How many hot dogs does the average person eat a year? Me: 2 is about it and I'm usually at a ball game or a 4th of July cookout.

Old 08-28-2023, 09:35 AM

160 posts, read 88,021 times
Quote:
That's awesome and the reality most of the time (well, maybe not the weather part...)

Old 08-28-2023, 09:37 AM

160 posts, read 88,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Asking Price: $256,000, (Including Brand), or $150,000, (Assets without the Name)

Gross Revenue: $480,000

Cash Flow: $98,000 after officer salary

Guy isn't making a whole lot of money but its only open a few hours a day. How many hot dogs does the average person eat a year? Me: 2 is about it and I'm usually at a ball game or a 4th of July cookout.

A cart would do well, assuming it could get a permit. Also a food truck of course.

Old 08-28-2023, 09:48 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,960,458 times
Quote:

I am in total shock over this. Our children played sports together and I know his ex wife. This really hit home for me. Everyone is at a loss. There was a big game on Friday between Westinghouse and Clairton. The shooting happened in the area near the stadium. Tragic.

Old 08-28-2023, 09:50 AM

748 posts, read 339,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Weiner World has been put up for sale. This sale is symbolic of the deterioration of downtown Pittsburgh. That part of downtown resembles the worst parts of some other cities like Philadelphia, San Francsico, Portland, and many others. Open drug use, drug selling, people passed out of the streets, homeless all over the streets, human waste, and even harassment of people just passing by. I have seen people harassed right in front of the Embassy Suites hotel. All involved including the Gainey Administration, the Allegheny County Department of Human Services, and the organizations they use have all failed. It appears the police have given up since they arrest the drug dealers only to have the released and back on the street in a day or two.

https://sofrankoadvisors.com/listing...ld-pittsburgh/

As far as Weiner World, it might make business sense to by the equipment and brand and open in a better location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Welcome to the progress given to us by "progressive" policies. Sickening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Welcome to the progress given to us by "progressive" policies. Sickening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
The area right near Weiner World is a cesspool of human filth, drugs, lazy losers that the mayor knows well of and choose to do nothing about it.
Quote:
This is our new norm. The people have spoken. I have a theory on it. City people seem to want everyone to suffer. The media tells them to do this. They are just following what they are told. People like to be led.

It is making my life easier. I know to leave. Two more years.
This is quite a circle of comments. Messy.

Oof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh