Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 07:16 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,322,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
It's booked for June already? Hm. Try the Residence Inn. Since it's new and not even open at this point, it shouldn't be booked yet. But they're probably taking reservations. (If not, see if you can find out when you can start booking.) Otherwise the Renaissance is the next closest.

EDIT: Or, well, yeah, the Fairmont, should be pretty sweet!
The Fairmont was by far the best price for a downtown hotel (maybe $60-70 less than the Renaissance), so we booked that and got tickets last night. Looking forward to it and wish we could stay longer this time, but school goes one more week past the weekend of the 19th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 07:45 AM

9,912 posts, read 24,660,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
The Fairmont was by far the best price for a downtown hotel (maybe $60-70 less than the Renaissance), so we booked that and got tickets last night. Looking forward to it and wish we could stay longer this time, but school goes one more week past the weekend of the 19th.
Heh, amazing. Probably intro-type rates, enjoy it while you can. :-) The Fairmont won't stay cheaper for long. At very least they should be equal in price. Fairmont goes for a more luxury feel in furnishings, service, etc. The hotels will be very different, Fairmont in a brand new building, Ren in the renovated historic building. I'm sure there's room for both, but I would guess that ultimately Fairmont would think theirs should cost MORE.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg42 View Post
Heh, amazing. Probably intro-type rates, enjoy it while you can. :-) The Fairmont won't stay cheaper for long. At very least they should be equal in price. Fairmont goes for a more luxury feel in furnishings, service, etc. The hotels will be very different, Fairmont in a brand new building, Ren in the renovated historic building. I'm sure there's room for both, but I would guess that ultimately Fairmont would think theirs should cost MORE.
The rate was a non-refundable one. It was $149.25 before taxes. The Omni was about $160 and the Renaissance was about $215 I think. This will be a "4 hour drive up on Sat., check in, early dinner, ballgame, sleep, and check out" type of trip, so it should be fine for what we need.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:36 PM

Just an update. The Fairmont was very nice. A perfect location to walk to and from PNC. I don't know what the room rates are now, but we found everything to be quite reasonable downtown including our late lunch at a restaurant near Heinz Hall and prices at the park. We wished we could have stayed longer.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM

1,776 posts, read 2,698,378 times
Damn! That's cheap! I almost want to stay there for a night just to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh