Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 06:49 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, on what planet?
On this planet.... The fact that the final budgets have not differed much from the ones that have been offered up by Bush, Reagan...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 09:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
My eyes are wide open to the failures of BOTH PARTIES in Washington. Unlike YOU and others, I don't excuse either Bush or Obama for where this country is today. Unlike you and others I don't point fingers at one party and excuse or turn a blind eye to the other. Their all FAILURES period.
Actually unlike you, I know that Presidents dont hold blame for where the country is today. You like to pass blame, I've blamed NEITHER..

Old 06-13-2010, 09:22 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
On this planet.... The fact that the final budgets have not differed much from the ones that have been offered up by Bush, Reagan...

So Reagan and Bush got a free pass from their respective Democratic Congresses?

I guess Democratic Congresses held Clinton and BO's feet to the fire?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Dems should have done more, but if they tried to push something that Bush or the GOP objected to it would have been filibustered or vetoed.
Right.. The old excuse, "Republicans are to blame because Democrats didnt do anything" Give it a rest because its nothing but bs..
Quote:
The Dems did not have enough voted to avoid filibuster or veto threats
They didnt need to have enough to avoid a filibuster or veto threat.. Do you have a clue how Washington works?
Quote:
Nothing got even that far due to the fact they knew they couldn't get it past that point.
Ahh, more excuses for incompetence.. "Republican are coming, Republicans are coming"!!!
Quote:
Unlike the Stimulus the money that is being spent, is not being spent in the U.S That $$$ is being spent overseas, so its not boosting the economy here.
Actually its not.. The money is paying soldiers who support their families back home, (unless you think they took their children to war with them), its paying companies to build weapons, paying contractors to provide services, transportation, fuel.. I mean seriously, this is getting pathetic..
Quote:
Poverty rates declined to record lows under Clinton, it went back up under Bush.
Admit it, your making this up as you go along..
Families living below the poverty rates
1991 - 12.8%
1992 - 13.3%
1993 -13.6%
1994 - 13.1%
1995 - 12.3%
1996 - 12.2%
1997 - 11.6%
1998 - 11.2%
1999 - 10.3%
2000 - 9.6%
2001 - 9.9%
2002 - 10.4%
2003 - 10.8%
2004 - 11.0%
2005 - 10.8%
2006 - 10.6%

per US Census Bureau, Clinton didnt hit single digits ONCE

Old 06-13-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucker View Post
In the OP there mention of the war in Iraq and WMD. Conveniently left out was the fact that there were UN inspectors in Iraq headed by Hans Blix and the had to leave so Bush could invade. What was the hurry? It seems as though we could have avoided the whole war thing by letting the UN inspectors complete their job.
Ahh no.. UN was failing at doing thier job, time and time again....
Quote:
There was also the claim that the oil revenues from Iraq would pay for the whole war. How stupid was that? Rummy also said that it would take maybe 6 weeks to win the war. How stupid was that? And on May 1, 2003 President Bush basically said the war was over. How stupid was that?
They did win the war in weeks.. The war is indeed over.. Their president has even been put on trial and hung..

Old 06-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
talk about deflecting one of the reason he was not invited to be at what should have been his triumph was his handling of the entire job he did as POTUS including the economy. you think if he did a great job w/the economy he wouldn't of been barred from the convention. he screwed us w/deregs and two wars. the buck stops w/the POTUS he sucked face it.

"he screwed us w/deregs and two wars"

Really?

Here's your chance to list the deregulation accomplished by Bush.

I'll wait...

In the mean time, here's the video again.

YouTube - Democrats Hypocrisy Over The Iraq War

Old 06-13-2010, 09:32 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
mo, are you saying bush had no responsibility what so ever for the mess the country was in when BO took office?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
In the OP there mention of the war in Iraq and WMD. Conveniently left out was the fact that there were UN inspectors in Iraq headed by Hans Blix and the had to leave so Bush could invade. What was the hurry? It seems as though we could have avoided the whole war thing by letting the UN inspectors complete their job.

There was also the claim that the oil revenues from Iraq would pay for the whole war. How stupid was that? Rummy also said that it would take maybe 6 weeks to win the war. How stupid was that? And on May 1, 2003 President Bush basically said the war was over. How stupid was that?

What was the hurry?

YouTube - 9-11 crash different camera angles!

Jee, i-dunno.

I guess we could have simply waited to see what happened next.

Why not?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
mo, are you saying bush had no responsibility what so ever for the mess the country was in when BO took office?
Presidents dont control the economy. Seriously, its like many of you guys failed in school...

Here, this might help

How does the executive branch of the government control the economy? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 06-13-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:

Looking for me to bail you out?

I asked the question?

If you want to blame "W" for the sad state of the US economy, here's you opportunity to tell the world where he effed-up.

One poster suggested that taxes were too low and this caused a recession. While laughable, it is at least an attempt to connect an initiative of "W" with an outcome of that initiative and addresses the question asked, even if it is silly and illogical.

Last edited by momonkey; 06-13-2010 at 09:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies