Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 04:49 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucker View Post
How were they failing to do their Job? Do you mean they were failing to find something that wasn't there?
Some 500+ weapons containing mustard or sarin were found..
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...classified.pdf
Quote:
Well they may have won the war, but they didn't win the peace. Sad to say after winning the war, we lost thousands of our brave troops and many thousands have life altering injuries. All of this for what? Because Saddam tried to kill Bush's daddy?
Thats what war is... Man, thank god you guys werent around during some of the "real" wars, where hundreds of thousands died.. Never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies in my life who have to rely upon meanless bs instead of facts..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I am sure they were, but they were not the ones who were involved w/911
You need to re-read the 911 commission report before you continue to embarass yourself..

Old 06-14-2010, 05:09 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually unlike you, I know that Presidents dont hold blame for where the country is today. You like to pass blame, I've blamed NEITHER..
No, in this thread you did not pass the blame to the Presidents, only to the Democrat Congress.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
No, in this thread you did not pass the blame to the Presidents, only to the Democrat Congress.
Congress indeed controls the economy.. Its where ALL bills originate..

Here, lets help educate some of you guys..

YouTube - Schoolhouse Rock- How a Bill Becomes a Law

Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Congress indeed controls the economy.. Its where ALL bills originate..

Here, lets help educate some of you guys..

YouTube - Schoolhouse Rock- How a Bill Becomes a Law

I know how you like to deflect, backpeddle and spin. But no where in ANY of my posts did I say ANYTHING about who controls the economy.

My responses have been completely on the dropping of the ball by Bush and Obama. It was YOU and YOU alone that when on a rant and blamed the Democrats while giving a pass to the republicans. Now you want to make it appear ONCE again that your educating someone. Please...

Quote:
it doesnt take much.. Just show the public the incompetence and anti business bs, and indeed 11 months is all it takes. Hell, numerous recessions ended in less than 11 months, what makes you think it takes more than 11 months to begin one?

I'm surprised by the number of individuals here who dont mind displaying their ignorance that WARS STIMULATE the economy, they dont cause recessions..

For 6 of those 8 years, do you want to tell me how the economy was?

Not only did I respond to to your jibberish, but you NOW acknowledge that Congress has control of the economy and who had major control 6 out of the 8 years of Bush? Now I know your going to come back and say the economy was good those 6 years, but according to some economists, they will differ. Remember the housing boom? Path to ownership? That is actually what contributed to the economy....And what began occuring in 2007? All of that credit that was dolled out those 6 years came back to bite us in the ...

Bush Lead During Weakest Economy in Decades - washingtonpost.com

Bush and his aides are quick to point out that they oversaw 52 straight months of job growth in the middle of this decade, and that the economy expanded at a steady clip from 2003 to 2007. But economists, including some former advisers to Bush, say it increasingly looks as if the nation's economic expansion was driven to a large degree by the interrelated booms in the housing market, consumer spending and financial markets. Those booms, which the Bush administration encouraged with the idea of an "ownership society," have proved unsustainable.

So no matter how much you want to try and sugar coat it, the Republican Congress is sitting neck and neck in the Big FAILURE catagory. No better than the Democrats

Old 06-14-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
I know how you like to deflect, backpeddle and spin. But no where in ANY of my posts did I say ANYTHING about who controls the economy.

My responses have been completely on the dropping of the ball by Bush and Obama. It was YOU and YOU alone that when on a rant and blamed the Democrats while giving a pass to the republicans. Now you want to make it appear ONCE again that your educating someone. Please...
If Democrats control Congress, than yes, Democrats get blame..
Quote:
Not only did I respond to to your jibberish, but you NOW acknowledge that Congress has control of the economy and who had major control 6 out of the 8 years of Bush? Now I know your going to come back and say the economy was good those 6 years, but according to some economists, they will differ. Remember the housing boom? Path to ownership? That is actually what contributed to the economy....
Home ownership, path to ownership does not cause economic problems, offering credit to those who cant afford those homes indeed does. Want to tell me who initiated policies to put people in homes they couldnt afford?
Quote:
And what began occuring in 2007? All of that credit that was dolled out those 6 years came back to bite us in the ...
The housing market crash begain with A credit paper, in a bank not even in the USA.. its a WORLD WIDE collapse, not just in america..
Quote:
Yeha, we know the economy was weak in 2009.. Its the topic of the thread..
Quote:
Bush and his aides are quick to point out that they oversaw 52 straight months of job growth in the middle of this decade, and that the economy expanded at a steady clip from 2003 to 2007. But economists, including some former advisers to Bush, say it increasingly looks as if the nation's economic expansion was driven to a large degree by the interrelated booms in the housing market, consumer spending and financial markets. Those booms, which the Bush administration encouraged with the idea of an "ownership society," have proved unsustainable.
What changes did Bush make to boost home ownership? He simply continued policies previously in place..
Quote:
So no matter how much you want to try and sugar coat it, the Republican Congress is sitting neck and neck in the Big FAILURE catagory. No better than the Democrats
List the policies which were changed by Republican Congress? I'll be waiting..

Old 06-14-2010, 07:18 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,171,166 times
Quote:
Some 500+ weapons containing mustard or sarin were found..
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...classified.pdf

Key word in your link degraded.

Why did you leave that word out were you trying to be disingenuous?

Quote:
Thats what war is... Man, thank god you guys werent around during some of the "real" wars, where hundreds of thousands died.. Never seen a bigger bunch of cry babies in my life who have to rely upon meanless bs instead of facts..
Thank God that Bush was not President during the "real" wars or we would all be speaking German now. Of course you would have blamed the m e d i a.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:57 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,171,166 times
Quote:
You need to re-read the 911 commission report before you continue to embarass yourself..
I have read it and no place did it state that cells in Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. If you still claim this please post the page # of your claim.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
If Democrats control Congress, than yes, Democrats get blame..

Still refuse to look past your bias. Can't seem to bring yourself to recognize that the Republican Congress were and are no better.
Home ownership, path to ownership does not cause economic problems, offering credit to those who cant afford those homes indeed does. Want to tell me who initiated policies to put people in homes they couldnt afford?

Wow, the double talk you have going on with this paragraph

The housing market crash begain with A credit paper, in a bank not even in the USA.. its a WORLD WIDE collapse, not just in america..
I guess you know more than the economists.

Yeha, we know the economy was weak in 2009.. Its the topic of the thread..
althought I know you would like the topic of this thread to focus ONLY on 2009, but unfortunately for YOU, the OP went all they way back to Clinton, you know when the REPUBLICANS controlled both houses?
What changes did Bush make to boost home ownership? He simply continued policies previously in place..

List the policies which were changed by Republican Congress? I'll be waiting..

are you purposely being obtuse? The Republicans passed the largest tax cuts and increased spending without offsetting the cost...in other words they bought everything on credit just like the democrats. Different group of people, working from the same book. Goodness, the tripple lux spin you have mastered on these boards is truely amazing, you've now are trying to rewrite history.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:23 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:

We could have gone after him after Desert Storm, but we didn't. I wonder why?

YouTube - Cheney '94: Invading Baghdad Would Create Quagmire

1991 OK...2002 not OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies