Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 09:47 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,213 times

Advertisements

Well bush did not cause the economic fail that is the economy right now.

It is in part FEDS fault created in the 1913s and removing us off gold standard and stealing every man woman and child of their gold in 1971 and gold skyrocketed after a few years right after.

Fractional reserve is one of the main/top reasons for all the bubbles. make it 1:1 lending deflation (SO WHAT) things get cheaper those in debt just go bankrupt big deal. Credit rating means nothing if you save your money then buy your stuff. Credit should only be used in emergencies not for living.

BUSH economic faults: Now even if it was not bush fault for the economic woes today, he did help make it worse.

Hello Iraq war money spending gov. But that was the main problem of most gop neocon candidates. Too much war on their side and pandering to special corp interest but everything else is middle ground or ok. Again corruption.

Democrats side = too much welfare for both corporate and Union interests without real citizens in mind. NOTE: NOT ALL OF US ARE IN UNIONS. So citizens not in unions get crap and get stuck in the welfare trap to invite even more illegal immigrants mooching off real workers and legal immigrants. Now some of the programs are ok but they go too extreme and make them bad with all the corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 09:50 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
. NAFTA is simply a red herring.

Ken
is 30-50 million good paying jobs going overseas a red herring????

is making it that 'made in america' is not the norm and made in china the norm a red herring????

some jobs go away with technology advancements (line assembly line work, now be automated), but the jobs really left the country afta nafta.....even GE an american company hq'd in CT....everything from them is made in mexico/maylasia..........its cheaper for them to ship the products from out side the country( especially when they is little to no import tarrifs) than to make it in the usa

we have the second highest corporat taxes in the world

Old 07-18-2010, 09:55 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
exactly....and obama is doing the same

I never said bush or the rino's were blameless....ALL I have said is this STARTED before bush
And on THAT subject - the fact is (as I stated in a previous post) our jobs did NOT flee to Mexico or any of the NAFTA countries so if you are trying to blame US job loss on NAFTA you are dead wrong so if you want to put the blame on a trade bill it should be the China Trade Act of 2000 - which again, had wide GOP support.

Ken

Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
is 30-50 million good paying jobs going overseas a red herring????

is making it that 'made in america' is not the norm and made in china the norm a red herring????
NAFTA has NOTHING to do with CHINA.

Nothing.
Nada.
Zip.

NAFTA is the NORTH AMERICAN Free Trade Agreement.
Since when was China part of North America?

Do you even UNDERSTAND what NAFTA is?
It sure doesn't sound like it.

Ken

Old 07-18-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
NAFTA has NOTHING to do with CHINA.

Nothing.
Nada.
Zip.

NAFTA is the NORTH AMERICAN Free Trade Agreement.
Since when was China part of North America?

Ken
when I say nafta i mean the free trade agreements... (Ie nafta and her sisters)

CATFA
OFTA
etc

GE is made in mexico

and as far as china

The World Trade Organization, (WTO), is the primary international body to help promote free trade, by drawing up the rules of international trade.

and whom got china into the wto.....clinton

Old 07-18-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
And on THAT subject - the fact is (as I stated in a previous post) our jobs did NOT flee to Mexico or any of the NAFTA countries so if you are trying to blame US job loss on NAFTA you are dead wrong so if you want to put the blame on a trade bill it should be the China Trade Act of 2000 - which again, had wide GOP support.

Ken
so you agree, this is BEFORE bush

please stop putting words in my mouth...I have NEVER said bush or the republicans are blameless.......but FACTS are FACTS this started BEFORE bush

Old 07-18-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
when I say nafta i mean the free trade agreements... Ie nafta and her sisters)

CATFA
OFTA
etc

GE is made in mexico
Then DON'T specifically say NAFTA. You specifically used NAFTA as your argument and pointed out that it was signed under a Democratic Congress. The fact is the China trade agreement - which is REALLY where US manufacturing went to - was signed under a GOP controlled Congress.

The fact is, the number of jobs that went to Mexico and other NAFTA countries is DWARFED by the the number of jobs that went to China - under agreements based on FREE TRADE (something specifically - and REPEATEDLY championed by the GOP).

Ken

Old 07-18-2010, 10:05 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times
I feel that the main contributing force to the economic plunder that gutted this country was the total lack of regulatory control. When Bush assumed control, a message was sent to regulatory agencies -----back off.

Our regulators took an eight year hiatus----a long lunch break----a long peaceful snooze on the hammock.

Houses were being swapped like kids swap candy. Major banking institutions were handing out subprime mortgages to customers who had no legitimate shot at handling the variable mortgage rates they were contracted with.

Our banks promoted subprime mortgages with contests and handed prizes to the best negiotators. The horror stories about Washington Mutual are disgusting and vulgar.

That being said, where were the boys at the SEC during those eight years??? Where they basking in the sun in Tahiti? Where they watching Beck,Limbaugh, and Savage rave about the stupendous job they were doing.

It was very apparent that a massive bubble was brewing and it was going to pop causing alarming consequences. As other posters have corrected said, it was not so much what the Bush adm did----but rather didnt do. They didnt do their regulatory due deligence and idly watched an the flames engulfed the system.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Actually I'm not stating that NAFTA caused the problem - I'm merely "accepting" that argument (that it did) to show the flaws in workingclasshero's logic that Clinton is to blame and not the GOP. As I stated, BOTH parties supported NAFTA (the GOP even moreso (as a percentage of votes) than the Democrats. While NAFTA added to our economic woes - like you, I don't think it's the main source. Most of the jobs that have gone overseas have NOT gone to NAFTA countries - most of them went to CHINA (which is NOT a NAFTA country). NAFTA is simply a red herring used to try and shift the blame to Clinton.

Ken
Look forward to similar postings of yours in the future if you are going to continue to post with facts. You finally said something that I can completely agree with because its based upon something other than talking points.. Kudos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
BUSH economic faults: Now even if it was not bush fault for the economic woes today, he did help make it worse.

Hello Iraq war money spending gov. But that was the main problem of most gop neocon candidates. Too much war on their side and pandering to special corp interest but everything else is middle ground or ok. Again corruption..
Completely disagree.. war spending money is a stimulus..

Old 07-18-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
so you agree, this is BEFORE bush

please stop putting words in my mouth...I have NEVER said bush or the republicans are blameless.......but FACTS are FACTS this started BEFORE bush
Sure it was signed just before Bush - who (again) sat on the sidelines watching football for EIGHT YEARS (doing NOTHING) as US jobs went overseas. As I said - when you are CAPTAIN of the ship YOU are responsible for overseeing the course and making corrections as NECESSARY.

Bush did NEITHER.

The fact is - Bush DIDN'T DO HIS JOB.
Instead he did NOTHING to avoid the oncoming problem.
He wasn't elected to DO NOTHING you know.
He was elected to watch out for America's INTERESTS.
Something he CLEARLY did NOT do.
In short, he didn't DO HIS JOB.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies