Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:11 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRGHOST View Post
I know in crime statistics they include Arabs and some Hispanics as white so the white % may actually be higher than what it truly is. Sad but true.
Much of that is what people of mixed race actaully identify them selfs as in mnay forms.I know my wifes nephew identifies himself as white altho of 50% hispanic blood. But he also looks it. Her neice who is Iran raised by adopted parents identifies herself as white too.I ask why in a converstion and they said they really have no other cultural assocaition really.But then I know amny black that is you say african american they will correct you very quickly. Its very much the same with asinas if you call a chiense ;korean for example and vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 12:19 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
All it does it rile up the white people scared of minorities, and bring joy to the self hating whiteys and minorities who think the next majority will be
nicer to them or something, lol.[/quote]

Or the white guilt liberals who think when noone is a majority that..
We will live in some post-racial utopia..yeah right
And most of the people coming from Latin America arent european.
Most of the europeans stay there,they are the middle & upper classes.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:26 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Don't get in a hisPANIC.. but...

The Hispanic population is younger and has a higher birth rate.
The older White-alone/not Hispanic population barely has enough births to cover deaths.

Population Estimates (http://www.census.gov/popest/national/asrh/ - broken link)

Natural Population Increase 2000-2009: (births minus deaths - excludes migration)

9,743,936 White (incl. Hispanic)
2,434,775 White Alone, Not Hispanic
8,215,981 Hispanic
3,062,254 Black

Hispanic
9,261,461 Births
1,045,480 Deaths
8,215,981 Net

White Alone, Not Hispanic
20,573,105 Births
18,138,330 Deaths
2,434,775 Net

Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76;
And most of the people coming from Latin America arent european.
Most of the europeans stay there,they are the middle & upper classes.
Then they should be counted in the census for what they "are."

No need to add "Hispanic" to the mix.

White from Argentina? Fine, you're white. Mestizo from Mexico? Fine, multi-racial. Black from Dominican Republic? Black.

See how that works?

It's also not true in all parts of the country that the majority are "non European descent." In Miami, the majority of Cubans are still Euro descent, especially those from the first wave. Venezuelans moving to South Florida escaping Chavez also seem to be the monied classes, and just about anyone from Uruguay or Argentina tend to be white.

Now, across most of the Southwest US, you're gonna get mostly Central Americans and Mexicans, who are majority mestizos (or, in the case of many, just plain old Amerindian!)

Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Greek and Italians are white. Israeli's are not they are Jewish. I am not blue eyed or blonde but I am white. My point is when the FBI puts crime statistics together they include Arabs and Hispanics as White. Arabs are not white most Hispanics are not white either.Some are but most aren't.
Israeli's are White as are Arabs. Many Hispanics are also White, though the Census Bureau will often break it down into two different categories, White and Non-Hispanic White.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:01 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Quote:
Now, across most of the Southwest US, you're gonna get mostly Central Americans and Mexicans, who are majority mestizos (or, in the case of many, just plain old Amerindian!)
Most of the illegals are indian/mexito from the southern Mexican states & Veracruz. The northern states were traditionally more European but in the past 30 years there has been an internal migration from the rural south to the industrial north. The explosive growth of Juarez has been from migration from the south - and like Mexicans in the US they send money home.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Well then affirmative action will change as well once White becomes a minority and then they are the ones using it to make inroads in America.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:09 PM

328 posts, read 196,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Israeli's are White as are Arabs. Many Hispanics are also White, though the Census Bureau will often break it down into two different categories, White and Non-Hispanic White.
Racially wise Jews are not white. I am not going to argue with your liberalized mentally diseased view of things I don't like you nor do I like your views on life or anything else.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:13 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Racially wise Jews are not white. I am not going to argue with your liberalized mentally diseased view of things I don't like you nor do I like your views on life or anything else.

Ahh how nice... Well if someone who calls for race wars feels that way about me, I must be doing something right.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:15 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
There is only one group of people I have ever run into that consider Jews automatically "non white," and those are so-called "white nationalists."

Jewish is a religion. MAYBE a culture and ethnicity along the lines of Catholics who want their people to "marry the same."

I knew a girl in college (ironically named "Christina") who converted to orthodox Judaism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies