Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women seeking an abortion be required to view an image of the fetus?
Yes 14 17.50%
No 65 81.25%
Not sure 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:05 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Kind of an ironic sentiment coming from someone who beholds the party of big government, no?"""

WHAT does "beholds the party of big government " mean?

I never said the end game would be to legislate any of this. I'm merely making a statement as to how far removed we are as a society from the very things that give us sustenance and allow us the choices we enjoy. I think we can do a better job through education than what we're currently doing. Making the wrong choice has become too easy thus making us less appreciative of our own roots and co-existence on this planet.

Being controlled, as you so succinctly put it, would be to disallow the choices we are free to make, so your statement is a blatant lie. """

What statement is a lie?

Why do you have such a problem with people making informed choices? Are you scared of facing the truth that YES, that the cute little puppy you bought at the pet shop came from a puppy mill with deplorable conditions? The truth hurts, but sometimes it's a good compass.
I have NO problem with people making informed decisions, have never said otherwise, and you are a LIAR for saying so.

Do you really think it takes YOU to inform others??? Why you? you really think YOU are the only one who knows where puppies come from

FORCING women to view an ultrasound is wrong. The OP is talking about LAWS....hence your support appears to be an advocacy for making more laws....if there are laws to make WOMEN allegedly more responsible why not laws for EVERYONE in every situation ????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 04:07 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,352,394 times
I can't believe this is even up for debate. NO! A woman should not have to view the fetus before having an abortion.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:17 PM

19,860 posts, read 12,145,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

FORCING women to view an ultrasound is wrong.
How so?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:20 PM

19,860 posts, read 12,145,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
In other words, you support Big Brother forcing people to have medical instruments placed inside their bodies? What's next, brain chips?
Ummm, what exactly is going inside their bodies?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:28 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,337,494 times
Who Me?... The party of big government is the democratic party.

Your inference below about wishing to be controlled is what I was referring to when I stated your statement was a lie.
Quote:
Quote:
Do you really want every aspect of your life controlled by laws? Can't you figure things out for yourself or do you WANT to be controlled???

Quote:
I have NO problem with people making informed decisions, have never said otherwise, and you are a LIAR for saying so.
Yet, you would rather people remain ignorant than be forced to face the ugly truth that abortion is the ending of a life.

Quote:
Do you really think it takes YOU to inform others??? Why you? you really think YOU are the only one who knows where puppies come from
Yes, Who Me? I want to be the one single person to inform all people about where puppies come from.

Quote:
FORCING women to view an ultrasound is wrong. The OP is talking about LAWS....hence your support appears to be an advocacy for making more laws....if there are laws to make WOMEN allegedly more responsible why not laws for EVERYONE in every situation ????????
Why is it so wrong? This could prevent many women from the longterm psychological effects of making the decision to terminate a life. I can't even believe I'm arguing this since I happen to be pro-choice, but the better informed women are about their decision to either abort or not, the less likely they will incur negative psychological effects. They can be at peace with their decision knowing that they were fully informed. Why is it so wrong to own up to your actions? I don't necessarily agree that this should be legislated, but I would prefer that abortion clinics require it without a law forcing them to comply.

To quote Bill Clinton, abortion should be legal, safe, and rare.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
How so?
How many other laws force people to view an ultrasound before having any medical procedure. It's a Republican ploy to exercise more control over women and their reproductive system. Do YOU want government interference in YOUR medical procedures???

Old 06-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
How many other laws force people to view an ultrasound before having any medical procedure. It's a Republican ploy to exercise more control over women and their reproductive system. Do YOU want government interference in YOUR medical procedures???
How is this exercising more control over women? By allowing women to better understand and see for themselves what the 'procedure' is going to do? By empowering women with knowledge of their bodies? So you choose to force women to be ignorant about their own bodies and yet you (the democratic party) claim to be pro-women? Hypocrites.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Who Me?... The party of big government is the democratic party.

Your inference below about wishing to be controlled is what I was referring to when I stated your statement was a lie.

Yet, you would rather people remain ignorant than be forced to face the ugly truth that abortion is the ending of a life.

Yes, Who Me? I want to be the one single person to inform all people about where puppies come from.

Why is it so wrong?"""

What is WRONG is making is a LAW! treating women like children. Assuming that they don't know what an abortion does. THAT is WRONG.

"""This could prevent many women from the longterm psychological effects of making the decision to terminate a life. I can't even believe I'm arguing this since I happen to be pro-choice,"""

IF you are pro-CHOICE then why do you want to take CHOICE away from women by supporting a law that FORCES them to do something no one else has to do!

....but the better informed women are about their decision to either abort or not, the less likely they will incur negative psychological effects. They can be at peace with their decision knowing that they were fully informed."""

How do YOU know they aren't fully informed...on their own AS ADULTS and NOT the children you portray them as....

""""Why is it so wrong to own up to your actions?"""

There's the "punish women for having sex" thing.

""" I don't necessarily agree that this should be legislated, but I would prefer that abortion clinics require it without a law forcing them to comply.

To quote Bill Clinton, abortion should be legal, safe, and rare.
whatasayyou:Your inference below about wishing to be controlled is what I was referring to when I stated your statement was a lie.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
Do you really want every aspect of your life controlled by laws? Can't you figure things out for yourself or do you WANT to be controlled???""""""""""""

Who?Me?!:You don't know what "?" are ?? They indicate a question(yes, I guess SOME people DO need to be better informed)

Old 06-12-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
How is this exercising more control over women? By allowing women to better understand and see for themselves what the 'procedure' is going to do? By empowering women with knowledge of their bodies? So you choose to force women to be ignorant about their own bodies""""

Blatant lie, why do you CONSTANTLY LIE about what I posted. I NEVER suggested forcing women to be ignorant....YOU assume they all are!!!!

and yet you (the democratic party) claim to be pro-women? Hypocrites.
You really can't understand how passing a law FORCING women to have a procedure they don't need or request is NOT controlling women??? OHMYGAWD! Brainwash complete!!!!!

Old 06-12-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
IF you are pro-CHOICE then why do you want to take CHOICE away from women by supporting a law that FORCES them to do something no one else has to do!
Stop with your leaps of (non)logic. Fully informing a woman about the abortion procedure and, more intimately, their own body is in NO WAY TAKING ANY CHOICE AWAY. It's called EDUCATION. Try it.

Quote:
Who?Me?!:You don't know what "?" are ?? They indicate a question(yes, I guess SOME people DO need to be better informed)
And some people need to learn how to format and quote posts correctly in a more readable fashion.

Quote:
What is WRONG is making is a LAW! treating women like children. Assuming that they don't know what an abortion does. THAT is WRONG. How do YOU know they aren't fully informed...on their own AS ADULTS and NOT the children you portray them as....
Duh, we all know what abortion does. That's not the issue. It's about the procedure, how it's performed, what it entails and what exactly is being REMOVED from the woman's uterus. How many women have had an ultrasound of a fetus in their uterus? If you were undergoing surgery to remove polyps from your colon, wouldn't you want to see exactly what they are going in to remove? I had to have surgery to have a dermoid removed, and you can bet that the physician reviewed the ultrasound and MRI with me before the procedure so that I knew exactly what the procedure entailed. How is this any different??? After all, the democrats think fetuses are just 'lumps of tissue', right? Kind of like a cancerous polyp in need of removal before it metastasizes?? M'hmm.

Quote:
There's the "punish women for having sex" thing.
Conjecture. You call it punishment, I call it education. As a rule, well educated people make better decisions in life. Are you anti-education? I know the democratic party loves their ignorant dependents, but this is taking it a bit far don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies