Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 10:14 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Some Hispanics might be but the vast majority of them will be Democrats. They are the ones that made California a reliably blue state. At one time maybe they did not vote but now they are waking up and smelling the coffee as the Republican bashing of them is a threat. It took Pete Wilson to wake them up in California when he tried to kick the Mexican children out of public schools. Not many people put social values over their economic well being- especially when you threaten their children.
It's the same thing why blacks vote for Democrats, because the liberal media paints Republicans as old white racist trailer trash, when it's not true. I used to buy into the "I'm a victim of society because I'm a minority so vote Democrat to make it right" and I'm no longer a Democrat but a Libertarian because I don't have tribal mentality like all liberals and most (pretend) conservatives have. Why do you libs praise diversity so much if it breeds crime, divides societies, and destroys civic life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 10:15 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why assume they will be dems
Self determined people of all races with an ounce of sense can see the damage being done by liberal tax and spend policies the world over.
I don't assume they ALL will be Democrats but I do assume that most of them will be based on past experience. The Republicans do not have anything to offer minorities except for grief.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:18 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
I don't assume they ALL will be Democrats but I do assume that most of them will be based on past experience. The Republicans do not have anything to offer minorities except for grief.

well, lets see... the Republicans offer equality, escape from racism of the Dems. More and more minorities are starting to realize that the Dems don't care about them. that they are nothing more than a vote for them.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:23 AM

64 posts, read 80,169 times
Figures Liberals want to make illegal immagration to watter down the voices of real americans in their say of what happens in this country! What we need to do is just deport all these illegals and their litters.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:25 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Millions and millions of new voters coming on line in the next 20 years as the old white voters die off. And the new voters will remember who their friends are and who their enemies are. Can you say MORE BLUE STATES to come?
You mean remember who gave them a handout (bribe) they didn't earn and didn't deserve, right?

In 2006:
The top 1% earn 22.06 % of the income and pay 38.89% of all income taxes. They have an effective tax rate of 22.79%.

The top 5% earn 36.66 % of the income and pay 60.14 % of all income taxes. They have an effective tax rate of 20.68 %

The top 50% earn 87.49% of the income and pay 97.01% of all income taxes. They have an effective tax rate of 13.98 %.

The bottom 50% earn 12.51 % of the income and pay 2.99% of all income taxes. They have an effective tax rate of 3.01%.

In 2007, the top 1 percent of tax returns paid 40.4 percent of all federal individual income taxes and earned 22.8 percent of adjusted gross income. The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data

Who do you think will be paying for everything once all the "old white voters" die off? All your new young liberals waiting for a handout certainly won't be able to pay for it.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
well, lets see... the Republicans offer equality, escape from racism of the Dems. More and more minorities are starting to realize that the Dems don't care about them. that they are nothing more than a vote for them.
The Democrats care more about them than the Republicans ever did. Just consider things that are important to minorities:

1. Civil rights: Democrats passed, many in GOP opposed and Dixiecrats switched to the GOP over Civil Rights. The south went Republican over Civil Rights. So the Republicans are hostile to equal rights.

2. SCHIP and Medicaid: Republicans have been hostile to the programs and even enacted laws in red states that DENY any SCHIP benefits to LEGAL immigrants no matter if they otherwise qualify. People remember when you pick on their kids.

3. School Lunch Program: The Republicans have attacked it every time it comes up. It was only passed last time because the Democrats and a few rare moderate Republicans like Susan Collins attached it to the Farm Bill.

I could give you a dozen or more examples but you get the picture. Minorities and Republicans do not a match make.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:26 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinsky View Post
Figures Liberals want to make illegal immagration to watter down the voices of real americans in their say of what happens in this country! What we need to do is just deport all these illegals and their litters.
And add a constitutional amendment that only native-born citizens are allowed to vote and run for any public office, local, state, or federal. We really should take a page out of the Latin American political playbook, and make laws that severely limit the influence of foreigners on our soil.

Quote:
The Democrats care more about them than the Republicans ever did. Just consider things that are important to minorities:

1. Civil rights: Democrats passed, many in GOP opposed and Dixiecrats switched to the GOP over Civil Rights. The south went Republican over Civil Rights. So the Republicans are hostile to equal rights.

2. SCHIP and Medicaid: Republicans have been hostile to the programs and even enacted laws in red states that DENY any SCHIP benefits to LEGAL immigrants no matter if they otherwise qualify. People remember when you pick on their kids.

3. School Lunch Program: The Republicans have attacked it every time it comes up. It was only passed last time because the Democrats and a few rare moderate Republicans like Susan Collins attached it to the Farm Bill.

I could give you a dozen or more examples but you get the picture. Minorities and Republicans do not a match make.
1. I'm Republican and I'm not hostile to civil rights. Another loaded liberal talking about.

2. Because that's government intrusion over private lives, making people dependent on government handouts and creating a victim class. I would not have welfare for any immigrant for any reason whatsoever. I'd have them deported. It's the Mexican way

3. Because liberals believe that parents shouldn't have the responsibility of parents raising and caring for their kids. Liberals want the Nanny State Government to take over as the role of parents. I'm against school lunches.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:28 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
This is good news for the Republican party. The GOP had built a strong base among Hispanic voters, even getting 45% of the vote in 2004. 2008 was a bad year across the board for Republicans so I doubt anyone expected to see an improvement, but 2012 and 2016 could be a different story.

Either way it will be increasingly difficult for the Democrats to play their typical racial politics these next few years.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You mean remember who gave them a handout (bribe) they didn't earn and didn't deserve, right?

In 2006:
The top 1% earn 22.06 % of the income and pay 38.89% of all income taxes. They have an effective tax rate of 22.79%.

The top 5% earn 36.66 % of the income and pay 60.14 % of all income taxes. They have an effective tax rate of 20.68 %

The top 50% earn 87.49% of the income and pay 97.01% of all income taxes. They have an effective tax rate of 13.98 %.

The bottom 50% earn 12.51 % of the income and pay 2.99% of all income taxes. They have an effective tax rate of 3.01%.

In 2007, the top 1 percent of tax returns paid 40.4 percent of all federal individual income taxes and earned 22.8 percent of adjusted gross income. The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data

Who do you think will be paying for everything once all the "old white voters" die off? All your new young liberals waiting for a handout certainly won't be able to pay for it.
Most all of us pay taxes. And the rich will always be with us.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
This is good news for the Republican party. The GOP had built a strong base among Hispanic voters, even getting 45% of the vote in 2004. 2008 was a bad year across the board for Republicans so I doubt anyone expected to see an improvement, but 2012 and 2016 could be a different story.

Either way it will be increasingly difficult for the Democrats to play their typical racial politics these next few years.
Read and weep:

the number of Latinos who went to the polls increased by nearly 25 percent over 2004, with sharp rises among naturalized immigrants and young, first-time voters, according to a study by the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials. Hispanic support for the Democratic nominee increased by 14 points over all compared with 2004, the biggest shift toward the Democrats by any voter group.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/us.../07latino.html

And it is NOT the Democrats that are playing racial politics. It is the Republicans that seem to be in a contest to see which of them can bash the Mexicans the hardest so they can please their tea party supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies