Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did the Seattle girl who got punched by the cop deserve it?
Yes 131 79.88%
No 33 20.12%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 03:43 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,996,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
No, Seattle cop punches 17 year old in the face after she assaulted him. If they followed his instructions instead of assaulting him this never would have happened. Instead they turn a routine stop into a major incident.

Look at the bright side....Al & Jessee are probably bored right now. They need something to keep them going
Rick Roma !!! ... On The Mark !

The police have one hell of a tough job to do as it is without absolutely uncalled for citizen situations such as the one depicted in the video !

A question which comes to mind in this case is simply : "Why can't some folks act like they got some smarts" ..... As we can easily observe from this situation the civilians were indeed out of control !

It's well beyond the time in America for the whiners to abstain ..... in other words "Quityerbellyakin" ! Or maybe you would like to try living your lives with no police protection for a change !

Law Enforcement ... Appreciate em, they may just save yer whining little azzzzzzzzzzzes someday !

Thank You / Old Sgt. Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 03:44 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,965,265 times
It is not that I have a problem with the force he used, but many department policies would rather have you escalate your tools rather than swing brawler style. The moment the number of opponents actively resisting became two or more, he was justified in elevating the use of force to a baton or even taser. Wild punching just looks bad which is why many departments don't allow it in policy.

And the guy needs to spend some more time on his arrests and hold techniques. He was flailing around like a cadet on the first day of arrest class.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
So what did the police officer do wrong?

Dont push the officer and none of this would have happened.
Problem is people have been taught not to have repect for the law......Parents teach your "Chillen" to have repect for the law!!!

End of story.
kerrymac !!! ... On The Mark !

Indeed these are words of wisdom for those who would but listen !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-16-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
To me it is pretty cut and dry- you touch a cop, you get busted upside your stupid ghettoite redneck head- no ifs ands or buts about it.
KevK !!! ... Correct !

Clearly and accurately expressed ! Possibly no one should have any trouble comprehending the message within KevK's post .............
CASE CLOSED !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-16-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
nice cop out. quite pathetic really when you can't respond to his post
JonKnip !!! ... Exactly !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-16-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I can't speak for what happened before the video started rolling, so I can't make a non-biased judgement. However, the video showed two people against one cop. You can see them struggle while people sit back and laugh at the incident. The girls resist and fight with the cop who dishes out quite a punch to one of them.

At one point, you see a gentleman help out and restrain one girl. Now, I could be a backseat driver and say that the cop shouldn't have slugged the girl, but I'm not.

In fact, I'm going to go on a tangent and say that I'm tired of girls trying to start/cause/instigate/participate in fights and then everyone starts whining when she gets what comes to her. The video "How can she slap?!?" shows another example of a female who had it coming to her. I'm a girl, and I fully support girls getting hit when they hit first.
Rita Mordio !!! ... Well Said Indeed !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-16-2010, 04:14 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,674,370 times
the cop is weak...
not for socking the female, but for not being able to subdie her.

this could have been so much more worse!

he didnt follow protocol. he could have had his gun snatched.

that being said. those girls got off easy. perps in LA have been (rightfully) shot for doing a lot less.

listen to the police and you avoid being socked up by a cop.

im on the cops side here.

those girls should have complied.

he needs better training tho. he could have got whooped on by the crowd.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Let's put all the racism crap aside for a moment. I've watched this video. My impression is that today, more than ever, we are raising children that are not disciplined at home, that much at all, and when it comes time to foray out into the real world, and real autority figures exist, the kids think the same conditions apply. I think in general this applies across the teenage spectrum today, regardless of race. Many are using the race argument, but in doing so, the larger issue of an increasingly complete lack of respect for authority is being ignored. What you are seeing here in this video speaks to that. It starts at home, then persists down to the school room, where teachers and principals have been slowly emasculated by a judiciary that dictates the lessening degrees in which children get reprimanded. Child turns into an adult, and they can't draw distinctions between what types of behavior are acceptable. Hint: if a law enforcement officer tells you to do something within reason, as was the case here, you better damn well do it.

This video is sad in a way, because I think our country is going to be in the crapper within 2 generations, unless we start applying a higher standard of decorum to our children. I say this as a parent, I say it to other parents, as well as to principals and teachers.
mike0421 !!! ... Three Thumbs Up For You !

Great nuggets of wisdom contained in Mike0421's post !

Would it be expecting too much for a few of our CDF buddies to partake of such valuable instruction ?

It appears to me that all Americans should be working together to positively improve our beloved country in every possible way ... unlike the troublesome and disruptive civilian folks in the video !

In final analysis we must all do a much better job with the art of raising our children and assuring our future and the future of our beloved nation for the long term !

"The Thin Blue Line" in America is indeed stretched dangerously "Thin" ... What a "Nightmare" it will be in this nation if these brave folks ever cease to function or lose total ability to do their vital jobs !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-16-2010, 04:25 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
She should have pulled guard

Old 06-16-2010, 04:27 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,745,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
It is not that I have a problem with the force he used, but many department policies would rather have you escalate your tools rather than swing brawler style. The moment the number of opponents actively resisting became two or more, he was justified in elevating the use of force to a baton or even taser. Wild punching just looks bad which is why many departments don't allow it in policy.

And the guy needs to spend some more time on his arrests and hold techniques. He was flailing around like a cadet on the first day of arrest class.
Again thanks for restating my original post. These criminals got off easy.
Also, in my day it probably would have been the "Sap" not my Baton up side the head of that second suspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Back in my day that POS pedestrian would have met the business end of my night stick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies