Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:50 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Well that's fine, because it doesn't. And no Christian would ever say it did. It's just sad that you could post something like that while also taking a zero-tolerance stance against any criticism of the muslim world that is posted on this forum. Whatever it is you're actually looking for, hopefully you can find it one day and be happy.
I'm quite happy.
And I don't have to be a hateful, judgmental xian to be so.

Care to show me about my "zero-tolerance stance against any criticism of the muslim world that is posted on this forum."
Empty words, with no content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 11:54 AM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
That's pretty sad... obviously the camera crew were in the right... why the fear of the camera? If you have something to say to the world then you can say in front of the camera... the security took it way out of bounds by chasing away people with questions especially when it is an open festival to the public... the fact that the camera crew was arrested as well is shocking... they have some backward thinking people in Michigan...

Hold on...East Dearborn and the rest of Michigan, even West Dearborn, are very different places entirely.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
If I came into your house uninvited, and started preaching to you about Islam. And you asked me to leave, and then called the police when I refused would my first amendment rights be violated?

Some of the statements made on this thread are so absurd as to be laughable. As if these people should allow these obnoxious bigots to harass them because why? Because they are Christians? Please, what a joke.

Has what to do with what? My home is my private property. The Streets of East Dearborn are public property. They do not become private property douring the festival. They are alway public property.

Do you even care that we were handed down a Constitution by people who died to preserve it?

I have no patience for mindless, spineless party sheep.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The ACLU supported Rush Limbaugh.
By your definition, he is a left of center demagogues and Anti-Christian/Jewish groups.
He does meet the weight requirement of group, so you may be right on.

If a group wants to have a law abiding festival in private, who are the media to stop that.
The media wouldn't be interested at all if they weren't muslims.

The rudeness of evangelizing during a festival is beyond the pale.
Only xians would consider that.

The streets of East Dearborn are not "in private".

They are very much in PUBLIC!

The media?

What media?

CNN gonna lead with this one?

MSDNC all over it?

Old 06-20-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Here's another account of what happened, without the inevitable right wingnut spin...

4 arrested at Dearborn festival | freep.com | Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/article/20100619/NEWS02/100619014/4-arrested-at-Dearborn-festival - broken link)

Don't believe everything you read in the Detroit Free Press.

Or,

Niraj Warikoo?

Where have I heard that name before?

Oh, now I remember...

"Resident Muslim propagandist and “reporter†Niraj Warikoo knows better, but, hey, he got away with it. In a story on Rashida Tlaib, a Muslim woman elected to the Michigan House of Representatives, Warikoo reported as fact–TWICE!–that Israeli soldiers shot Tlaib’s grandfather during the 1967 war allegedly because he refused to leave their home and go to Jordan."

EXCLUSIVE: Detroit Free Press Editor Admits Muslim Reporter Lied on Israel, Refuses to Correct; Can’t Trust Anything in the Freep, WHAT YOU CAN DO

Old 06-20-2010, 12:24 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,930,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm quite happy........................

...........And I don't have to be a hateful, judgmental xian to be so.
I guess happiness comes in many forms. Yours just happens to be the up-until-now unknown miserable kind.

Enjoy!

Old 06-20-2010, 12:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Don't believe everything you read in the Detroit Free Press.
Reporting of "the news" via the media died right after Watergate.
The powers behind the curtain made sure of that.

What you have today are one sides stories bordering on opinion with little to no fact checking or retraction.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Mr. wingshirt could have contacted the Muslims at any time prior to the festival. He could have educated himself by sitting and talking to them like a man. His attitude wasn't humble, and genuine. Not everyone wants to be a Christian. I have never had a Muslim tell me that I am going to burn in hell if I don't get washed in the blood of Christ.

If you were in a Muslim country they would cut your head off for failing to convert to Islam.

Your turn...

Old 06-20-2010, 01:53 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,022,277 times
Quote:
The streets of East Dearborn are not "in private".

They are very much in PUBLIC!
If a marathon is being run in the streets of Dearborn, the public does not have a right to harass or interfere with the runners. The marathon organizers have made arrangements with the city to have private use of the public streets for that event and can regulate the activities, and ask the police to respond to behavior that disturbs the event. A street festival is no different. Everybody knows that.

Quote:
If you were in a Muslim country they would cut your head off for failing to convert to Islam.

Your turn...
There is no Muslim country in the world that does not have a non-Muslim minority living peacefully within it, without fear of having their heads cut off. Everybody knows that.

The Muslims don't even try to convert them. Your turn.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:05 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,912 times
Quote:

Not true. Countries in the Middle east differ greatly in their foreign policy. This is an ignorant, blanket statement on the highest level showing that you know very little about what you're attempting to talk about. Even during the Ottoman Empire, other religions lived in harmony together under an Islamic Empire.

Jordan is an example of a country in modernity with a high Christian population.

The middle east is not all Muslim. Moreover, minorities live just the same way they do in the West - as minorities. Often times, quite safely.

Take your xenophobia elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies