Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 06:24 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,103,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ther are basic differences in acceptance in this country regarding race, this is something that many in white america will deny or ignore. The point is that if blacks did what SOME of the tea partiers did (carry loaded guns to a presidential rally) there would be hell to pay. There are certain parts of this country where an outspoken black is frowned upon and there are other places where it is applauded. The tea party initial rant about governmental spending is one thing but when you have (in)direct intimidation of the POTUS it is unacceptable. As I mentioned before there are two trains of thought in dealing with people, those of you who don't understand people who don't look like you and are afraid of them and those who are not. What I see on these forums are people who are afraid and are consently on the defense and are not open to anything that has anything to do with race. There are those who are well adjusted to the racial geographic changes in this country and/or can relate to racial issues.

Granted there are different perspectives in dealing with the same situation but I hope that everyone can at least try to be open to them

Like I said, the ignorance of the obamabaggers. You do know it was a BLACK man that carried an assult rifle to a hussein obama event? You see the left winger lame Stream News tried to implicate it was a white person by cropping the picture and when the whole icture was shown and the left wingers shown to be the liars they are, it was a black man carrying that gun.

Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest -- and it's legal - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 07:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,346,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Like I said, the ignorance of the obamabaggers. You do know it was a BLACK man that carried an assult rifle to a hussein obama event? You see the left winger lame Stream News tried to implicate it was a white person by cropping the picture and when the whole icture was shown and the left wingers shown to be the liars they are, it was a black man carrying that gun.

Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest -- and it's legal - CNN.com
Com'on be serious, one blackman at a rally with the SUPPORT of alot of whites is not as threatening as a group of blackmen with assault rifles protesting AGAINST a white president's policies.

Put the shoe on the other foot, and lets say he tried that when Bush was president. Thats right it would not have happened! Hell, Bush screen people who did not agree with him from his town hall meetings

Interview with gun-toting protester at Obama rally was staged - CNN ...

I guess this was a lie also.

Last edited by simetime; 06-20-2010 at 07:35 PM..

Old 06-20-2010, 07:35 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,216,265 times
Quote:
Sense you brought that up do you recall what happened to black peaceful protestors at that time? So if that happened to them and they WERE peaceful could you imagine what would happen if they (the blacks) were armed?

One more question, would'nt you consider equal rights to all americans constitutional? If so why did the blacks unlike the women and labor movements treated with so much violence? How quickly many of you forget. There are STILL blacks who were there and suffered the indignities of being attacked by police dogs and firehosed.
Dont know why, but my response to your post got deleted as off-topic. Hope you saw it because I dont remember what it said.

EDIT - oh -- yes, it was a ruder version of: you're repeating the OP, please read the article.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Dont know why, but my response to your post got deleted as off-topic. Hope you saw it because I dont remember what it said.

EDIT - oh -- yes, it was a ruder version of: you're repeating the OP, please read the article.
I may not have been that important, or repeating. As far as repeating the OP there are people who still do not understand the point that he was trying to make. Some folks are just slow like that

Old 06-20-2010, 08:23 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,103,408 times
Quote:
Com'on be serious, one blackman at a rally with the SUPPORT of alot of whites is not as threatening as a group of blackmen with assault rifles protesting AGAINST a white president's policies.

Put the shoe on the other foot, and lets say he tried that when Bush was president. Thats right it would not have happened! Hell, Bush screen people who did not agree with him from his town hall meetings

Interview with gun-toting protester at Obama rally was staged - CNN ...

I guess this was a lie also.

Even though I cannot stand hussein obama I do not believe assult weapons should be allowed around a president, any resident BUT if it is legal, it is legal. Bringing a gun was a protest in support of gun rights, which I fully support.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:43 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,166,912 times
If anyone would like to participate in AeroGuyDC's Hypothetical Mega-Marathon Of What-Ifs, Imagine, Could, Might, and Maybe's, send me a PM. I promise it will be at least as good as this piece of journalist wizardry from RedRoom.

Hell, even Barack Obama has said he doesn't deal with hypotheticals. You'd think his Minions Of The Word Press could at least follow the Master's lead.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:58 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,900,303 times
Quote:
Ok, imagine a president who started an illegal war and sent them ill equiped to fight it, loses over 3000 American lives and over 100,000 others for profits, Imagine a president who gets his orders from christian extremist, takes advice from a madman who shoots people in the face w/o legal repercussions, a president who pisses all over the constitution, how about one who could care less about americans who were displaced all over the country b/c their homes were destroyed and praises incompentency, destroys America's reputation throughout the world due to his stupidity of foreign policy, Imagine a president that stated in front of the world "Mission Accomplished" while embolden the enemy, How about a lair who said that catching the "mastermind" of 911 Bin Laden?
Hey this is fun, do you want to try again?

Imagine being fooled once then admitting it . Imagine a democratic congress including the ones who are now in charge voting for the war , they had more info than the public did . Will you ever admit you are fooled ?

So the democrats sent us off to war because the grinner ask them to ? I don't think so .

Did obama increase the war with full support of the dems ?

Will you ever imagine they work together to fool the rest of us, or do you think obama is genuine ?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:36 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,162,981 times
I have a question for all you "the tea partiers are racist!" types:

Are you deliberately misrepresenting the movement, or are you just so gullible that in over a year, you still haven't figured out that the liberal media outlets have been lying to you the whole time? Those are pretty much the only two explanations for your persistent rambling of these falsehoods.

As for the OP, why didn't the author throw in a unicorn and a couple of gnomes? I mean, if you're going to write about fantasy, there's nothing like unicorns and gnomes to drive up interest!

Old 06-21-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Even though I cannot stand hussein obama I do not believe assult weapons should be allowed around a president, any resident BUT if it is legal, it is legal. Bringing a gun was a protest in support of gun rights, which I fully support.
Eventhough it is legal the OP was making a comparision if it was the other way around there would have been some probelms.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Imagine being fooled once then admitting it . Imagine a democratic congress including the ones who are now in charge voting for the war , they had more info than the public did . Will you ever admit you are fooled ?

So the democrats sent us off to war because the grinner ask them to ? I don't think so .

Did obama increase the war with full support of the dems ?

Will you ever imagine they work together to fool the rest of us, or do you think obama is genuine ?

Personally I always believed that politicians work in their own best financial interest. In my heart I believe that Obama was different. I do think that he is motivated by something other than finances, possible ego? But I will not believe like some of these incredible stupid people that he is racist, communist, dumb, cowardly or any of the labels some of the dimwitted believe. As far as the war is concerned, especially as a veteran of the Gulf War he (Obama) is not motivated by greed or revenge (BUSH) and he is trying to finish what should have been the right way in the first place. The war with Iraq was as much fault of the dumbocrats (cowards) who were afraid to be called "unpatriotic" by the refuticans and lose their jobs rather than fight for what was right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies