Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:03 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The problem is, she took 4 years to read a sign board. Talk about being slow.
The thing is most of the country probably had no clue this sign was the only thing standing between us and another country. She was making a good point and Obama sending only 500 N.G to our border is beyond an insult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 09:07 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I might even register to vote for her, however, it would be a sad thing if she changed, and sold out to the Neocons. Not all Republicans are monsters. Even I have to admit that. Obama's war policies, and spendaholism bother me a great deal, but I am still relieved that McCain and what's her name didn't get in. Is it possible for a Republican to have an Independent running mate for VP ?
Actually what is putting some fear behind the power whores both Repubs and Dems is that we the people may actually come together over this issue. It really is not a left right issue. I loved Michael Savages response to the nutjob that wants an open border by asking her if she even knew what defines a nation. No, I don't listen to him, but he did have a very valid question.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:17 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I personally never thought one of America's states would become a police state.

It's as if the Stasi or the Cheka are within Arizona's borders. And people call HIM a Communist. Brewer is the one acting like the Soviets.
How so? How is the state protecting itself when the federal government has failed to do so, using the federal law applied at the state level, turning AZ into a "police state"?

After all, if the feds did their job of securing the border Arizona would be faced with this.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The problem is, she took 4 years to read a sign board. Talk about being slow.
It seems to me that Gov. Brewer went through the chain of command and tried every avenue to get the Feds to do their job before filming this video.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:22 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
This Obama clown won't even go down there to see for himself!!! HE DOES NOT CARE! A RANCHER IS SHOT AND KILLED AND HE STILL WON'T FLY DOWN TO TAKE A LOOK! A 17 year old is gunned downed in LA and he still will not take a first hand look at this! He will sue them instead!!

He can fly to San Fran for fund raisers.....but can't find time for this!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amark View Post
I agree with Brewer's stance on illegal immigration, but I am far from convinced that she would make a strong presidential candidate. Most of us who don't live in Arizona don't know nearly enough about her other policies to make a decision.

As for the signs, simply blaming Obama for some warning signs (that are meant to save lives) is unfair. I agree illegal immigration needs to be dealt with, but for the majority of America the economy is the number one issue, and this is what Obama is focused on.
If you don't think that the financial burdens of illegal aliens on a state's budget and resources, as well as municipal resources, affect their economy you are not looking at the big picture.

Of course, if the federal government withheld all federal funds from "sanctuary cities" such as yours (Seattle) perhaps the funds to secure the border would be more available. In my opinion sanctuary cities have at least as much responsibility for attracting illegals as do the corporations that hire them and the federal governement that turns a blind eye and fails to enforce current immigration law.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I personally never thought one of America's states would become a police state.

It's as if the Stasi or the Cheka are within Arizona's borders. And people call HIM a Communist. Brewer is the one acting like the Soviets.

It amazes me how small minded some people are! Hardly think you got it right here. Do you have realitives who live in Arizona, well i do. Some parts have gotten so out of control and so very bad, do you not mind living like this with illegals coming and going, drugs, crime, the expense of it all. This women Brewer has the b---- that most of our Politicians do not have the guts to go after what is right and just for her State and her Citizens., GOOD FOR HER, If you really have no problem with what is going on in Ariazona and their border problems, i suggest you go move to that area, no problem for you right. And give me a break here, she is doing a job our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE DOING, it should not be put on each State individually, because our Government could care less about this PESKY ILLEGAL PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:47 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Not to be sexist, but would Jan get the help she seeks if she were a John rather than a Jan ? Women with an assertive, "no bs tolerated" attitude sometimes raise male hackles. I can imagine a few good old boys telling Obama "ah let the old *itch wait".

Old 06-29-2010, 10:13 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,750 times
I love this woman!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:50 AM

53 posts, read 221,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If you don't think that the financial burdens of illegal aliens on a state's budget and resources, as well as municipal resources, affect their economy you are not looking at the big picture.

Of course, if the federal government withheld all federal funds from "sanctuary cities" such as yours (Seattle) perhaps the funds to secure the border would be more available. In my opinion sanctuary cities have at least as much responsibility for attracting illegals as do the corporations that hire them and the federal governement that turns a blind eye and fails to enforce current immigration law.
The first thing I stated was that I agreed with Brewer's stance on immigration. I DO think we need enforcement, however I recognize that declaring a "war on illegal immigrants" right now would in the short term cause more harm to the economy than good.

As for your criticisms of Seattle, just because I live in a "sanctuary city" does not mean that I support that policy. In fact, I am against the policy and I agree that Seattle should remove it. Anyways, the solution in the long term is not to go after "sanctuary cities", but to instead go after the corporations who hire illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies