Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 02:42 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,737,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I still support president Obama's policies even if they are too far to the right. I wanted a Government supported health care or insurance option. Instead I got a give away to the private sector insurance industry. I wanted us out of Iraq and Afghanistan within six months and we are still there. I wanted to see the restoration of the 1950's income tax structure and we still have a regressive system.

Even with these problems I still support President Obama because he is far, far better then the bumbling McCain or the fool Palin.
Greg, living in New Hampshire it must irk you to no end that you don't get to pay state income and sales taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 03:51 PM

296 posts, read 273,731 times
another thread with a reference to alternet..

that is the only 100% accurate way of spotting someone with absolutely no clue on anything. Thanks

LE should really start monitoring who visits that site and take them out of society. Their ignorance is a threat to us all.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:36 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,556,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Fortunately, liberals make up only about 20% of the population and the far Left element much less.

The moderates, Indies and conservative democrats are finally coming to their senses.

NO ONE voted for the change obama is trying to implement.

He masked his intentions well.
didn't he say that we were going to get health care? I know that was a big part of what he was going to do. Yes he did.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:55 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,659,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
didn't he say that we were going to get health care? I know that was a big part of what he was going to do. Yes he did.
He sure did say it!
We are getting to pay for it too! Whether we want it or not!
After we "get" it and "pay" for it, that doesn't assure that we will be treated for the problem that we need it for.
We could have paid for healthcare before, he is just FORCING us to now.
He said it alright, good ole obama, the great deceiver.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:28 AM

1,080 posts, read 2,271,587 times
F*** Liberals.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,841,952 times
MN55 -

Thank you for your eloquent expression of distain. You are an accurate representation of the right wing in this country.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:54 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,898,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
When will the citizenry that voted for change and put Obama in the White House stand up to the right wingers and their ilk to push forward the change they voted for?

People want to "let joe do it". However, in this case there is no joe there is just you and me and millions of others that voted for change away from the right wing agenda and all it's wrongs. It's time "we" stood up to the tea parties and the rest of the crazy heel dragging Republicans to say enough! do the job "we" want or be gone!

"From Sarah Palin to John Boehner to the operatives pulling Tea Party strings, conservatives seek to block every reform on the progressive agenda. We must fight back. "

"Cynicism ignores both the needs of the country and the moment we are in. Obama was elected with a mandate for change by a citizenry in desperate need of it. The dismay is grounded in a stark reality—that the Obama initiatives, however historic in comparison to the last decades of conservative misrule, are insufficient to meet the challenges they must address. "

The Political Path for Progressives in the Face of Rabid Right-Wing Resistance | | AlterNet

The rabid attackers are the ones biting off fingers, beating old people and almost killing a young conservative couple just to name a couple of the mad dogs who attacked peaceful protesters .

Mostly done by militant monorities and white communist of course .

Old 07-01-2010, 04:40 PM

296 posts, read 273,731 times
Here's the path for you all to take..

http://jennifergsale.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/lemmings.jpg (broken link)

especially anyone that quotes alternet stories. How hard is it to understand that is just pure garbage? Anyone posting anything from it has absolutely no clue on anything and it shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies