Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Chris Christie was interviewed by Neil Cavuto this week before a townhall meeting took place. This guy is my idea of a leader. He said specifically what he was going to do when he campaigned, got elected on it and now he's walking the walk even though special interests don't like it. He's got an in-your-face demeanor and some reporters are over that but if he says it, you can count on it.

The video is on YouTube in 3 parts. Cavuto makes the mistake of wasting the first part of the interview getting Christie's opinion on the McChrystal resignation (and potentially losing his audience) but stick around on Part 1 for his words on TAXES.

Part 1 Christie on McChrystal resignation and Taxes

YouTube - Governor Christie on Your World with Neil Cavuto - Part 1

Part 2 Christie on property taxes, unions, NJ pensions, on doing what he was elected to do

YouTube - Governor Christie on Your World with Neil Cavuto - Part 2

Part 3 Christie on business being held responsible for what they do and being scapegoated; more laws not necessarily the answer, aggressively enforcing the laws that are already there, on not being confused with Woodrow Wilson, on possibly running for President in 2012 (and not being ready)

YouTube - Governor Christie on Your World with Neil Cavuto - Part 3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 11:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
The guy knows what it is going to take to get his state back in check. The bad part is the fed now controls 70% of States economies and individuals rights.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,269,650 times
This guy is the future President of the United States; mark my words. He has executive experience, not any baggage I'm aware of, a tough git'r'done demeanor that appeals to Americans, and he doesn't look like a skinny little pansy. Everything about him is perfect and Americans will trust him and listen to him when he speaks.

I can not wait till I can cast my vote for him as President, whenever that will be.

Old 06-25-2010, 12:05 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Wow! Thanks for the posts. If there were more Republicans like him and not so obsessed with religious nonsense, we would have a Republican Congress right now and a Republican president.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:04 AM

345 posts, read 643,267 times
It's funny you mention "blunt" in your post title...as Christie is extremely anti-marijuana. I appreciate that the man doesn't take crap and isn't afraid to take on the unions, but in a state as cash-strapped as NJ, he doesn't see the sense of marijuana law reform, medicinal or otherwise, as a means of closing the budget gap. He's yet another "Republican" who hates liberty.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:17 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The guy knows what it is going to take to get his state back in check. The bad part is the fed now controls 70% of States economies and individuals rights.
I stopped being a Republican after they began to forget balanced budgets, small government and individual rights...you know, Reagan and the Bushes. This guy has enough of the "right stuff" that if given a chance I might go back to my old ways.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:20 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
I stopped being a Republican after they began to forget balanced budgets, small government and individual rights...you know, Reagan and the Bushes. This guy has enough of the "right stuff" that if given a chance I might go back to my old ways.

Same here.

Jury is still out, I'll give him some time, but he talks a good game. I would love to see him rip through the federal social services systems.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:28 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Same here.

Jury is still out, I'll give him some time, but he talks a good game. I would love to see him rip through the federal social services systems.
I'd like to believe he will succeed in what he's started and run for president...while I'm still alive.

The government(at all levels) has begun to put it's own interests above that of ordinary folks who used to be the fabric of this country. If all fees, taxes, tolls, outright robbery by the government are totalled an ordinary American earning $40-$50K is being ripped off for half of what he can earn. That's a fact which cannot be denied. A couple of months ago my wife and I checked into a Marriot hotel on the Interstate and they had added a "tourism fee" to the bill when we checked out.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNarcotic View Post
It's funny you mention "blunt" in your post title...as Christie is extremely anti-marijuana. I appreciate that the man doesn't take crap and isn't afraid to take on the unions, but in a state as cash-strapped as NJ, he doesn't see the sense of marijuana law reform, medicinal or otherwise, as a means of closing the budget gap. He's yet another "Republican" who hates liberty.
He's never claimed to be Libertarian as far as I know. He's a fiscally conservative former District Attorney. Since I'm for putting drug users in prison as the real way to fight the "war on drugs" I can't get excited about his position on marijuana.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
I'd like to believe he will succeed in what he's started and run for president...while I'm still alive.

The government(at all levels) has begun to put it's own interests above that of ordinary folks who used to be the fabric of this country. If all fees, taxes, tolls, outright robbery by the government are totalled an ordinary American earning $40-$50K is being ripped off for half of what he can earn. That's a fact which cannot be denied. A couple of months ago my wife and I checked into a Marriot hotel on the Interstate and they had added a "tourism fee" to the bill when we checked out.
Did you have to go over the George Washington Bridge? When I saw how much the toll was last year, I thought they should throw in a couple of lottery tickets.

I like him very much but I think he needs to finish his commitment to NJ before he runs for President. They need him and he's no quitter type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies