Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitsua View Post
I would suggest that you may be a bully, and that now you refuse to do anything other than attack me at a personal level.
Not true. I provided a link to easily verifiable facts which you refuse to research on your own. That tells us a lot about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 10:06 AM

640 posts, read 388,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Then you must not know any Democrats. Democrats like to push racism, and like to cause racial tension... look at your good buddy Obama.

Really it don't matter if the racism comes from the south, or if it comes from the north or what ever, racism is racism. You may not want to accept that, since it seems you will do all you can to deny racism from your party.

Since you all are the ones that like to call us Uncle Toms, and Aunt Jemimas and house negroes etc... yeah.. no racism there from you all.
Absolutely there were indeed racists in the Democratic Party, so what are you talking about? You know, with all due respect, you just don't sound so much like a person of color who lived through the racial unrest of the 1960s but rather more like a stormfront person playing a role. Just my impression (considering how many personal attacks you have unloaded on me, seems only fair that I can give you my impressions). How old are you?

Old 07-08-2010, 10:09 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
Absolutely there were indeed racists in the Democratic Party, so what are you talking about? You know, with all due respect, you just don't sound so much like a person of color who lived through the racial unrest of the 1960s but rather more like a stormfront person playing a role. Just my impression (considering how many personal attacks you have unloaded on me, seems only fair that I can give you my impressions). How old are you?
Awww.. I knew it, you just proved you were racist also, just like the rest of the Dems.. I love it, true colors shining through.

Sorry to tell you that not all black people think the same, or act the same, or have the same ideology, no matter what you want to think.

next time, you would do better to not show your outright racism towards us. But, since you now have, I do know that anything else you say or claim on this site, is based on your racist views.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not true. I provided a link to easily verifiable facts which you refuse to research on your own. That tells us a lot about you.
If you think for one moment that I'm going to spend hours double-checking every entry on that web site, you're sadly mistaken. Why should I? I don't challenge the timeline at all. I'm challenging the mistaken impression it gives because it does not mention anything at all about the changes going on in the Republican Party during the span of that timeline. It LEAVES OUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION, therefore it is misleading.

I have also provided you with links explaining "southern strategy, etc., which you refuse to acknowledge as taking place. I don't see you displaying good research skills, but rather you are displaying your propensity to go straight to personal attacks. That tells us a lot about you.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Awww.. I knew it, you just proved you were racist also, just like the rest of the Dems.. I love it, true colors shining through.

Sorry to tell you that not all black people think the same, or act the same, or have the same ideology, no matter what you want to think.

next time, you would do better to not show your outright racism towards us. But, since you now have, I do know that anything else you say or claim on this site, is based on your racist views.
Hmmmm......and how is that you know I'm not a black person? I'm sure all my friends will find this very amusing. Looks like you were just baiting for a "gotcha" moment. Interesting.

Last edited by Nitsua; 07-08-2010 at 10:42 AM..

Old 07-08-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
If you think for one moment that I'm going to spend hours double-checking every entry on that web site, you're sadly mistaken. Why should I? I don't challenge the timeline at all. I'm challenging the mistaken impression it gives because it does not mention anything at all about the changes going on in the Republican Party during the span of that timeline. It LEAVES OUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION, therefore it is misleading.
It's not misleading at all. Throughout the entire nearly 150-year time span of the timeline, it lists events and acts in which Republicans CONSISTENTLY supported civil rights. Even if there were changes in the Republican party over the years, the support of civil rights has remained CONSISTENT.

That should have been what you learned from the events on the timeline. I'm wondering why you didn't get it.

Quote:
I have also provided you with links explaining "southern strategy, etc., which you refuse to acknowledge as taking place.
It took place during a timeframe when Republican support of civil rights remained CONSISTENT. See the timeline.

Quote:
I don't see you displaying good research skills
I know who published the timeline, and his background. Do you? I know of the events listed on the timeline. You seem not to. That seems odd given your claimed age, but let's continue...

Your contribution is a lot of opinion, a wikipedia cut and paste job , and a link that details the exploits of a very small handful of politicians. On top of that, you repeatedly and adamantly refused to research easily verifiable answers to your own questions.

I would love to debate the facts with you, but you refuse to learn them. Why?

Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
It's not misleading at all. Throughout the entire nearly 150-year time span of the timeline, it lists events and acts in which Republicans CONSISTENTLY supported civil rights. Even if there were changes in the Republican party over the years, the support of civil rights has remained CONSISTENT.

That should have been what you learned from the events on the timeline. I'm wondering why you didn't get it.

It took place during a timeframe when Republican support of civil rights remained CONSISTENT. See the timeline.

I know who published the timeline, and his background. Do you? I know of the events listed on the timeline. You seem not to. That seems odd given your claimed age, but let's continue...

Your contribution is a lot of opinion, a wikipedia cut and paste job , and a link that details the exploits of a very small handful of politicians. On top of that, you repeatedly and adamantly refused to research easily verifiable answers to your own questions.

I would love to debate the facts with you, but you refuse to learn them. Why?
The "southern strategy" explains why the Republicans supported civil rights.......as you well know.

If you know who published the timeline and his background, are you ashamed of that person, is that why you won't bother to put the information out there in a post? Again, I am not challenging the factual accuracy of the timeline; I'm pointing out that there is no indication of the Dixicrat movement in that timeline and therefore it is misleading about WHO the Republicans are........and were. But you can keep on playing your word games as long as you want. I don't even wonder why. Clearly you enjoy this type of dishonesty.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
The "southern strategy" explains why the Republicans supported civil rights.......as you well know.
You left off nearly a century of support before then, as well. How do you explain the Republicans' CONSISTENT anti-slavery and civil rights support from 1858 up to the "southern strategy?"

You explain it this way: the Republicans have CONSITENTLY supported civil rights since the mid-1800s. The "southern strategy" did not change that, it continued that support.

Quote:
If you know who published the timeline and his background, are you ashamed of that person, is that why you won't bother to put the information out there in a post?
I didn't post the info because after your wikipedia cut and paste job, I suspected that you weren't strong on either facts or research ability. Those suspicions were confirmed by your actions that followed.

You can still easily find that info. Have at it.

Quote:
Again, I am not challenging the factual accuracy of the timeline; I'm pointing out that there is no indication of the Dixicrat movement in that timeline and therefore it is misleading about WHO the Republicans are........and were.
How is that relevant when there was no lapse in the Republicans' CONSISTENT support of civil rights throughout the entire ~150-year timeframe?

Quote:
But you can keep on playing your word games as long as you want. I don't even wonder why. Clearly you enjoy this type of dishonesty.
Word games? How is learning facts playing word games? The only dishonesty and petulant refusal to pursue knowledge that has been placed before you is yours. As it's willful on your part, I can't help you with that.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
You left off nearly a century of support before then, as well. How do you explain the Republicans' CONSISTENT anti-slavery and civil rights support from 1858 up to the "southern strategy?"

You explain it this way: the Republicans have CONSITENTLY supported civil rights since the mid-1800s. The "southern strategy" did not change that, it continued that support.

I didn't post the info because after your wikipedia cut and paste job, I suspected that you weren't strong on either facts or research ability. Those suspicions were confirmed by your actions that followed.

You can still easily find that info. Have at it.

How is that relevant when there was no lapse in the Republicans' CONSISTENT support of civil rights throughout the entire ~150-year timeframe?

Word games? How is learning facts playing word games? The only dishonesty and petulant refusal to pursue knowledge that has been placed before you is yours. As it's willful on your part, I can't help you with that.
yeah, right.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:50 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
Hmmmm......and how is that you know I'm not a black person? I'm sure all my friends will find this very amusing. Looks like you were just baiting for a "gotcha" moment. Interesting.
Because if you were black, you wouldnt hold the beliefs that all blacks are to act and think and behave the same.

People like you are so easy to read and pick out, since even though you try to hide it, you can't keep what is truly in your mind from coming out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies