Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 10:04 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times

Advertisements

There certainly must be a reason why BP, and the government, are allowing the media to report about the extent of the oil spill, the potential hazards, and how much damage has already been done. LOL!
It makes little sense to confront the Righties about something like this. For the most part, they don't give a da*n about the environment or the wildlife that is dying. What did those peilcans ever do for you? They can't be eaten, they don't consume, they don't vote republican - so what good are they anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 10:28 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,878 times
Well, if there is a world ending event in the next 6 months I guess all those Mayan calendar followers will feel pretty silly.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:35 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Arrow oil czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You know that someone is going to come up with some sort of obscure ancient text with a line that will be interpreted as a prophesy. A prophecy that specifically refers to British Petroleum being the agent for world catastrophe.
Actually that has already been done.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/16/us...s/16obama.html

Ray Mabus

google him in connection with Nostradamus

Is Ray Mabus Nostradamus’ MABUS?: by John Hogue

Now for the punch line... Daily Bible Study - Revelation 6-8

Rev 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

The word Wormwood, means vinegar.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:21 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Actually that has already been done.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/16/us...s/16obama.html

Ray Mabus

google him in connection with Nostradamus

Is Ray Mabus Nostradamus’ MABUS?: by John Hogue

Now for the punch line... Daily Bible Study - Revelation 6-8

Rev 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

The word Wormwood, means vinegar.
Wormwood is an herb, a useful one medically, but it's very, very bitter. It was being used to illustrate a point and the readers would be familiar with the plant.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:34 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,012 times
[quote=Visvaldis;14990775]There certainly must be a reason why BP, and the government, are allowing the media to report about the extent of the oil spill, the potential hazards, and how much damage has already been done. LOL!

You know your statement is a lie. There has been plenty on the media blackout. How many reports are out there say clean-up workers are getting sick. EPA said no to the stuff they are spraying because it is toxic to everything but it is being sprayed anyway. Sorry the truth is seeping out no matter how hard they are trying to hide it.

YouTube - First Amendment Has been Suspended

Old 07-11-2010, 04:59 PM

640 posts, read 388,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You know that someone is going to come up with some sort of obscure ancient text with a line that will be interpreted as a prophesy. A prophecy that specifically refers to British Petroleum being the agent for world catastrophe.
I know nothing about geology.......so I'm wondering why this viewpoint is so farfetched. Do you know? , Is there some scientific reason why this guy could be totally wrong and probably is totallly wrong? Any of you scientists out there know the answer?

Does anyone know the reason for the media blackout on this story, no media is allowed to go out and see what's going on or any ideas why there is a media blackout?

Old 07-11-2010, 05:07 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
I'm hoping it's all wrong...

Old 07-11-2010, 05:13 PM

372 posts, read 221,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I've been reading more and more stuff like this. Sure, there's always going to be those who think the end of the world is just around the corner, but what's worrisome is much of this is now coming from scientists and oil industry experts..

Personally I'm not saying or believing this is going to happen, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. And one has to wonder why the government has been so stringent in keeping the media and the public in the dark about this disaster..

Doomsday: How BP Gulf disaster may have triggered a world-killing event - by Terrence Aym - Helium
Far more oil than this was released in Kern County California in the biggers US gusher in history. Take a chill pill. More oil that this oozes out of the earth every day. It will get absorbed and broken down. The earth, after all, creates oil by converting the dead bodies of plankton that are trapped in layers of sediment. The process is ongoing. Most escapes back out, but some is trapped in overly impermeable layers of rock, which we know as oil reservoirs.

It will be locally and regionally significant, but certainly not globally.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:19 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,206 times
I don't know about this whole doomsday scenerio but I've been reading and hearing about the methane issue since last month. Most of it's been in the context of the health of the workers in the Gulf area. I can't find links because it's just been stuff I've been reading in the AOL news or hearing blurbs on tv. But apparently is a very serious issue.

Another issue out there is the toxic rain that will come from the oil and the dispersants. Oil has already been found in the rain along some of the Gulf Coast. The Weather Channel is actually one of the few media outlets that covered this issue in early June I believe.

Scientists are talking. Concerns have been raised about health issues. The Weather Channel seems to know more about some of this than other MSM. So what the heck is going on?

Old 07-11-2010, 05:21 PM

640 posts, read 388,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyapproved View Post
Far more oil than this was released in Kern County California in the biggers US gusher in history. Take a chill pill. More oil that this oozes out of the earth every day. It will get absorbed and broken down. The earth, after all, creates oil by converting the dead bodies of plankton that are trapped in layers of sediment. The process is ongoing. Most escapes back out, but some is trapped in overly impermeable layers of rock, which we know as oil reservoirs.

It will be locally and regionally significant, but certainly not globally.

What about a "methane bubble"......"mega methan bubble"......which this piece refers to? Have you ever heard of this theory?

"The oil giant drilled down miles into a geologically unstable region and may have set the stage for the eventual premature release of a methane mega-bubble."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies