Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:12 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
My example won't be only for whites it would just cater to white interests. Anyone could use it. You would be okay with whites building a center on the location where they ruthlessly killed Native Americans, yes?
isn't it two blocks from the site, not on the site?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:15 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,623 times
Quote:
If white America wanted to build a community center that catered to white interests on the location of a horrific Native American holocaust perpetrated by white Americans, how would that fly?
If the initiative was directed toward the arrival of both interests at a common and mutual relationship of trust and understanding, why would it matter?
I could be wrong but there surely were some Americans who neither took part in, nor condoned that Native American holocaust and more than likely, many
more who felt shame because of their white race because of that holocaust. Why can't you envision their motive as being remedial to the tremendous lack
of understanding between the races?

Personally, I don't think its a bright idea but then again, Moderator cut: language happens, my thoughts not withstanding.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-14-2010 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Please use appropriate language

Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 PM

469 posts, read 579,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Why are you assigning what 20 extremists did to ALL Muslims? Seriously, are you that clueless?
Thank you, Frozenyo. I'll save this quote and pull it out when you bemoan the insensitivity of white America and how at long last we still have no shame for the horrors we perpetrated against of races.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:17 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Quote:
If white America wanted to build a community center that catered to white interests on the location of a horrific Native American holocaust perpetrated by white Americans, how would that fly?
Where does it say it won't cater to Christians or Jews? Where does it say its only for Muslims? Your grasping at straws now, because your argument is destroyed now that it isn't a mosque. But keep complaining about nothing if it makes you feel better.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:19 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
Flies all the time, get real.

But yeah, move the goal posts now that the screechers are proven wrong.

LAWL!

Old 07-14-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
My example won't be only for whites it would just cater to white interests. Anyone could use it. You would be okay with whites building a center on the location where they ruthlessly killed Native Americans, yes?
You better make sure they building any subways near ground zero. Most of those places are owned by Muslims from my experiences. This is getting silly. You seriously want to take away all rights from Muslims because of the actions of a few people? By your logic you would pissed with a Middle Eastern being built near by ground zero. Your funny.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why won't the "Mosque" open its books to show where the source of their funding is coming from?
Why do they have to? What does it matter? How do you know they haven't? Have you emailed anyone? Answer all questions before spinning everything into oblivion please.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:21 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
The truth about the 'mosque': The leader of proposed Muslim center near Ground Zero defends his plan

From this article:

This was already posted in another thread but it seems to be getting ignored so I think it deserves its own thread, because all this complaining about it is so misguided its not even funny.
I don't care what he says!! Show a little sensitivity by building it somewhere else. It's bad enough that we have to let them in this country. If he's telling the truth, then he could make an effort to understand the significance of building the "mosque" in the shadows of the WTCs.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Where does it say it won't cater to Christians or Jews? Where does it say its only for Muslims? Your grasping at straws now, because your argument is destroyed now that it isn't a mosque. But keep complaining about nothing if it makes you feel better.
Jefferson and other founders included "Mohammedans" within the embrace of our Constitution.

Funny how the religious US right wants to stomp all over the First Amendment when they are scared.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Quote:
Thank you, Frozenyo. I'll save this quote and pull it out when you bemoan the insensitivity of white America and how at long last we still have no shame for the horrors we perpetrated against of races.
LOL..I have no idea [MOD CUT/language] you're talking about..

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-14-2010 at 08:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies