Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:08 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Who are us to say. We do not know the mindset of this NUTCASE, who did not mind murdering tons of his own People. Fear him, i don't know, trust him not on your life, With these wacko's you just never know their mindset, something could trigger something in their minds, and they explode.
At the time of the invasion there were a dozen worse dictators in the world who had killed far more of their countrymen than Hussein. Why were they allowed to go on their merry ways unmolested? Was it because Saddam was the only one Bush thought he could beat?

President "W" for "Wimp".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 05:10 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
No. Most Americans of INDEPENDENT THOUGHT and FREE THINKING, knew enough to evaluate the information and probably figured the information about Saddam was bogus. Those who's thinking is molded by a political party probably knew the information was also false, but they would never in a million years buck the party line because they have no independent free will. Even today with all the information known, they will still tow the party line. Of course, if that same party decided tommorrow to reverse course and say Saddam wasn't a threat, those people will also reverse course just as easily and do an about face.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:53 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,286 times
I believe, that it was America's intercession into Saddam's sovereign nation, that has done greater damage on the global scene.
At times, I wish that Ole' Saddam was still in power over there in his little corner of the world because when I look at the bigger
mess that has been made since we "took him out", it absolutely sickens me. If Saddam executed 25 people per day over the entire
span of time, that this illegal war has prolonged, he would'nt be able to equal the number of those who've died in Iraq, since America
stepped in to "help" them. I am certainly more afraid of America's growing problems than I could ever have been of Saddam.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:03 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
I believed what all the countries told me about him having WMD's. It was NOT just the US that was saying he had them.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:09 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
When we invaded Iraq we threw away whatever legitimacy our opinion carried in the world. All so the neoconservatives energy holdings would skyrocket in value we are responsible for hundreds of thousands, maybe a million, innocent Iraqi's losing their life. We also dealt a devestating blow to democracy in both Afghanistan and Iraq with the resulting spasms of violence and insecurity that remain years later.

And the military-industrial complex rolls on....

Old 07-21-2010, 06:16 PM

507 posts, read 878,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Yes, with all the politicians saying he had weapons and was going to use them against us.

He scared us all. Those who say he didn't have no memory.

I'm old but my memory is OK and I wasn't scared a bit !

Of course I keep up with current affairs by reading British and German papers
online, and reading a lot of history,so I didn't have any time to listen to Bush/Cheney and company, wise as they undoubtly wer. I did catch Cheney saying US troops were be greeted by roses in their path in Iraq though,which no doubt they were. American Beauties I'm guessing.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Did you ever feel that he was about to invade America or launch an attack on the U.S.?
No.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:22 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
I was more afraid of a nut neo-con governor of Tejas who would become president....oh wait I think that nightmare came true.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:24 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,180 times
No. By keeping Iran in check, he was doing us a favor. Didn't Bush end up looking for the WMD in his office behind the curtains?

Old 07-21-2010, 06:26 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
No. Most Americans of INDEPENDENT THOUGHT and FREE THINKING, knew enough to evaluate the information and probably figured the information about Saddam was bogus. Those who's thinking is molded by a political party probably knew the information was also false, but they would never in a million years buck the party line because they have no independent free will. Even today with all the information known, they will still tow the party line. Of course, if that same party decided tommorrow to reverse course and say Saddam wasn't a threat, those people will also reverse course just as easily and do an about face.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies