Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you boycott Home Depot?
Yes 15 15.00%
No 85 85.00%
Not sure 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 01:22 AM

14,568 posts, read 23,094,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
We oppose the efforts of the homosexual movement to force its agenda on our sentiments in schools, government, business and workplaces through law, public policy and media. Our strong opposition is a reaction to the homosexual movement's aggressive strategies.
Defining the Gay Agenda

So they're against legislation that would force companies to recognize and provide benefits to the partners of homosexual employees, saying it should be their choice as a private, free market company, who to provide and not provide benefits to.

So then Home Depot, a private free market company, makes the decision to provide benefits to partners of homosexual employees and they respond with a boycott?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 01:23 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,455,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Defining the Gay Agenda

So they're against legislation that would force companies to recognize and provide benefits to the partners of homosexual employees, saying it should be their choice as a private, free market company, who to provide and not provide benefits to.

So then Home Depot, a private free market company, makes the decision to provide benefits to partners of homosexual employees and they respond with a boycott?
Excellent point.

And this why aligning social conservatives with economic conservatives results in such long term uh ohs for the GOP.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:47 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,326,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Nah, many more consider the homosexual agenda "extremist"
Yeah, because Home Depot, as a private company, offering equal benefits for gays is part of a vast conspiracy. It certainly has nothing to do with... Oh, I don't know... Maybe the fact that Home Depot is trying to compete for good employees and offer a non-hostile work environment? Nope, that couldn't be it and it simply must be a giant conspiracy agenda!

Old 07-24-2010, 02:27 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,494,639 times
The idiots at AFA already boycotted Pepsi, McDonald's and Disney, we saw how well that went. Home Depot is quaking in their boots, no doubt.

As I said here on 10 Sept. 2008 when they boycotted McDonald's,

Quote:
My Egg McMuffin meals will hold greater savor now that I know that I'm doing my part in the war against fundamentalist lunatics. May my arteries give their last full measure of devotion.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:31 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,161,882 times
Quote:

Yes but they are pretty much the same trailer dwelling yokels that considered the desegregation and civil rights movements extremist...

Old 07-24-2010, 04:02 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,579,729 times
Yes I do remember when the AFA boycotted Disney for having it's Gay Days every June for almost a decade I believe and failed miserably! Perhaps those at the AFA are closet homosexuals themselves for dwelling on such a non issue instead of working to improve the lives of kids who are routinely beaten and abused by the millions across the nation!

Old 07-24-2010, 05:13 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,198,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Yes I do remember when the AFA boycotted Disney for having it's Gay Days every June for almost a decade I believe and failed miserably! Perhaps those at the AFA are closet homosexuals themselves for dwelling on such a non issue instead of working to improve the lives of kids who are routinely beaten and abused by the millions across the nation!
Good point.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:12 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,756,458 times
Quote:
Wanting to be free to marry the person one loves is extremist? Wanting not to be attacked because of who one loves is extremist? Wanting to simply be allowed to have a job and not be fired because of who one loves is extremist? Wanting to be able to serve in the military and not worry about being discharged just because of who you love is extremist? Because these are the only things I can see that the GLBT community is fighting for.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:15 AM

14 posts, read 16,059 times
Yep. I can't stand home depot. I rather go to lowes. The AFA is a good group their news letter is good as well gives you news the msm won't.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:17 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,438,774 times
Quote:
What exactly is the homosexual agenda? Because they forgot to forward it to me and I feel out of the loop. How ever will I earn my toaster for converting people if I don't know what the agenda is??!!!

Man, you people are some backward morons who make the rest of us who support the republican party look like idiots. Kindly dissociate yourselves from the thinking public and create your own party...

Or you can all move to White Bread, U.S.A. and set up your own hate-opia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies