Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:35 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

poor gullible people.

Oh, you mean, right wing Christians? I'd say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 06:43 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,436,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post

Oh, you mean, right wing Christians? I'd say so.
Ahem. Not about Christians, either.

Your previous post was great, though.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:51 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,160 times
Quote:
you can't have a gay judge legislating from the bench about this subject.

and that's what has been done, he should have recused himself.
By this logic any heterosexual judge would have to recuse him/herself as well since there might be a hetero bias. That could send us in search of a bisexual judge.

This is the judge who got the case and it appears his ruling follows the law and the spirit of the law based on the Constitution.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:54 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
By this logic any heterosexual judge would have to recuse him/herself as well since there might be a hetero bias. That could send us in search of a bisexual judge.

This is the judge who got the case and it appears his ruling follows the law and the spirit of the law based on the Constitution.

uhhh, how dare he? who does he think he is? A separate and equal branch of our constitutional republic?

Despicable!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:12 PM

396 posts, read 732,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
In Islamic countries being gay = Stoned to death, hung, beheaded, shot etc.
False. This is only true in Sudan, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Yemen & Iran. That leaves 41 other predominantly Islamic and/or Islamic state and/or where Islam is the state religion countries where that is not true.

It's also interesting to note that among the (I believe it's 76) countries where homosexuality is still illegal (whether enforced or not), a good number of them ONLY make male-male homosexuality illegal. Also, in countries such as Vietnam and Poland, it has NEVER been illegal.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:16 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,029 times
I hate the ignorant misuse of a psychology. A paraphilia and homosexuality are two seperate things. Homosexuality meets none of the DSM criteria for a paraphilia. However, psychology would tell us that someone who insists homosexuality (or any other normal variation of human sexuality) is a paraphilia is simply trying to deflect self-attention and guilt for their own actual paraphilia.

So, what is it? I'm betting it's obscene phone calls. Just saying...

Old 08-12-2010, 07:18 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,940 times
Quote:
I'm not an ignorant christian nor an uber conservative. I just don't happen to think that paraphilias should be mainstreamed as normal.

Homosexuality is not considered a paraphilia anymore, it is now regarded as a variant of normal sexuality.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:44 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,436,879 times
Things this thread is NOT about

• Paraphilia
  • Homosexuality in general
  • Christianity
  • Islam

Thing this thread IS about

• Today's ruling lifting the stay on Judge Walker's prior ruling overturning Proposition 8 in California.

Does anyone want to discuss that?

Old 08-12-2010, 08:02 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,315,930 times
Great news.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:10 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Cats and Dogs, living together!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies