Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2010, 11:37 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, so far the commies have beat them to it. Vantone, the Chinese high-end real estate company, is leasing quite a bit of space. But fear not, capitalism will be well-represented. The other so-far tenant of note is publisher Conde Nast.
The Chinese do after all own the USA don't they? I don't think Conde' Nast was promoting travel via flying planes into the WTC were they? More diflection away from the imam, funding, and location in question. Yawn.........

24,868 posts, read 24,381,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
You seem to want to keep disqualifying people's opinions based on where they are physically located or some other set of ever-changing self-imposed rules, so let's see if I meet your criteria:

(1) I was there when the attacks occured and had to run for my life, literally, when the first tower collapsed.

(2) I lost a family member who died in the Towers.

(3) My family members are part of both the NYPD and FDNY and thus worked in the rescue operations for weeks.

(4) I returned to work in the aftermath.

(5) I am a born and bred NY'er.

(6) I actually lived around the corner from where the proposed mosque is located in 2002.

With all that said, I am TOTALLY against this mosque being located in this area. I support the Governor who is the ONLY level-headed person in his suggestion to find another location. I have NO idea why the Mayor is SO hell-bent on having this mosque go ahead at this location or who is lining his pockets. There ARE people in NY completely opposed to existence of this mosque in this particular location - and it has been posted on this thread several pages back.

So hopefully we are now clear on the subject that there ARE NY'ers who ARE opposed to the location of this mosque and find it an OUTRAGE that it is even being considered.
I'm not 100% sure which thread its under (there are so many), but I responded to a cabbie who lives in Jersey saying something like.

"You have more of a right to complain than 90% of those on this board, because of where you live"

But I also added, that most of those who live in lower Manhattan have no problem with the mosque. Seeing as they live there, they have more of a say than anyone, IMO.

But, yes, your opinion means a hell of a lot more to me than someone who lives in Missouri over this matter.

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Quote:
I have NO idea why the Mayor is SO hell-bent on having this mosque go ahead at this location or who is lining his pockets. There ARE people in NY completely opposed to existence of this mosque in this particular location - and it has been posted on this thread several pages back.
Perhaps it is because the Mayor's position is backed by the MAJORITY of New Yorkers.

Quote:
So hopefully we are now clear on the subject that there ARE NY'ers who ARE opposed to the location of this mosque and find it an OUTRAGE that it is even being considered.
So as a New York, what would be the tasteful distance that will also allow the center to provide services for those in the community? Three blocks, six, nine? How many?

Old 08-16-2010, 11:39 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,107,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
MOgal, not only does he quote you, he pays no attention whatever to your argument.

Carterstamp, the adult entertainment a couple of doors down the street is not an attack on your Constitution, only on someone else's moral values which, according to Libs, have no value whatever. But, I digress.

Huh? Where did I say it was?

Maybe we can get Bloomerbutt to rezone the area to allow a Constitution free zone.

The GOP wants the entire country to be a constitution free zone.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:41 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,203 times
Quote:
You seem to want to keep disqualifying people's opinions based on where they are physically located or some other set of ever-changing self-imposed rules, so let's see if I meet your criteria:

(1) I was there when the attacks occured and had to run for my life, literally, when the first tower collapsed.

(2) I lost a family member who died in the Towers.

(3) My family members are part of both the NYPD and FDNY and thus worked in the rescue operations for weeks.

(4) I returned to work in the aftermath.

(5) I am a born and bred NY'er.

(6) I actually lived around the corner from where the proposed mosque is located in 2002.

With all that said, I am TOTALLY against this mosque being located in this area. I support the Governor who is the ONLY level-headed person in his suggestion to find another location. I have NO idea why the Mayor is SO hell-bent on having this mosque go ahead at this location or who is lining his pockets. There ARE people in NY completely opposed to existence of this mosque in this particular location - and it has been posted on this thread several pages back.

Thanks!

Old 08-16-2010, 11:42 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The Chinese do after all own the USA don't they? I don't think Conde' Nast was promoting travel via flying planes into the WTC were they? More diflection away from the imam, funding, and location in question. Yawn.........
Was for informational purposes in response to Memphis's post. Of course, I realize that most of you who are calling out against this mosque being near Ground Zero have no interest in what's going on at the actual World Trade Center site.

Carry on.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:43 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,461,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Perhaps it is because the Mayor's position is backed by the MAJORITY of New Yorkers.

So as a New York, what would be the tasteful distance that will also allow the center to provide services for those in the community? Three blocks, six, nine? How many?
Where are YOU from? If you read the letters to the editors in our home-town papers, you would maybe get a glimpse of what cross-sections of the people from NY - including ALL the boroughs - feel about this subject. As to what is a tasteful distance - I'd like to see what the Governor can offer up for options - and then I'll make my choice - but thanks for asking.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its because its Muslim, and they all attacked us on 9/11. I can remember explicitly people from the Mosque in Clarksville coming to bop me on the head on September the Eleventh, 2001.
Did they? I have been quite clear in my posts that it was radical Islamic jihaddists whom attacked this country on 9/11/2000.

However, you state it is all Muslims. Is telling the same lie repeatedly the only way to support the rest of your fallacious arguement?

Old 08-16-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Was for informational purposes in response to Memphis's post. Of course, I realize that most of you who are calling out against this mosque being near Ground Zero have no interest in what's going on at the actual World Trade Center site.

Carry on.
Please link where I ever stated it was.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:48 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,164 times
They are pushing for this mosque as the 10th anniversary is right around the corner. Talk about ill timing.

I also like that liberals seem all for this mosque, but they are the same ones that also condemn other religions such as christianity, which as far as I'm concerned is a lot more peaceful and understanding of a religion as opposed to islam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies