Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2010, 03:12 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
No, sometimes you have to man up and say, "I will obey the law and constitution of this country"!!!

I'm glad he's man enough to say no to those who believe the law should only apply to others and not themselves!!
Exactly! This country was founded on the principle of freedom of religion. Too many people forget that when it's not their religion. Muslim-Americans have just as much right to worship as they please and where they please as any other religious group.

Hatred and bigotry are NOT the answer to solving this country's and this world's problems.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:15 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post

Ahh I see so the people of NY are just hateful and ignorant. Easy for someone who did not lose anyone there to say. Maybe if you opened your eyes and ears and listened to some of them for a second you would not be so quick to call them names. Not good Jill where is your compassion for them, where is your understand for them? Very sad on your part, very sad.
Listen up woman, you need to stop making assumptions and allegations about me. It's rude and insulting. As a matter of fact, I do happen to know people who were in those buildings when they were attacked. Several. My eyes and ears are wide open, as is my heart and mind. You might try opening yours. You'll live a happier, less stressful life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post

No one is trying to stop the practicing of religious freedom. Stop perpetuating a LIE.

There are hundreds of Mosques in NYC. Respect for those who died and location is what this is about. Period.
Bull****. There is nowhere far enough away in lower Manhattan that they could build this center that you people would not be up in arms about. You have no clue what the people who died would think about a community center several blocks away from where they died, since they can't tell you. And you act as if non-Muslims were the only people who died in that attack.
"Imagine being the family of Salman Hamdani. The 23-year-old New York City police cadet was a part-time ambulance driver, incoming medical student, and devout Muslim. When he disappeared on September 11, law enforcement officials came to his family, seeking him for questioning in relation to the terrorist attacks. They allegedly believed he was somehow involved. His whereabouts were undetermined for over six months, until his remains were finally identified. He was found near the North Tower, with his EMT medical bag beside him, presumably doing everything he could to help those in need. His family could finally rest, knowing that he died the hero they always knew him to be."
And he's only one among many. This is only a partial list of Muslims who were also murdered on 9/11:

• Samad Afridi
  • Ashraf Ahmad
  • Shabbir Ahmad (45 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and 3 children)
  • Umar Ahmad
  • Azam Ahsan
  • Ahmed Ali
  • Tariq Amanullah (40 years old; Fiduciary Trust Co.; ICNA website team member; leaves wife and 2 children)
  • Touri Bolourchi (69 years old; United Airlines #175; a retired nurse from Tehran)
  • Salauddin Ahmad Chaudhury
  • Abdul K. Chowdhury (30 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Mohammad S. Chowdhury (39 years old; Windows on the World; leaves wife and child born 2 days after the attack)
  • Jamal Legesse Desantis
  • Ramzi Attallah Douani (35 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
  • SaleemUllah Farooqi
  • Syed Fatha (54 years old; Pitney Bowes)
  • Osman Gani
  • Mohammad Hamdani (50 years old)
  • Salman Hamdani (NYPD Cadet)
  • Aisha Harris (21 years old; General Telecom)
  • Shakila Hoque (Marsh & McLennan)
  • Nabid Hossain
  • Shahzad Hussain
  • Talat Hussain
  • Mohammad Shah Jahan (Marsh & McLennan)
  • Yasmeen Jamal
  • Mohammed Jawarta (MAS security)
  • Arslan Khan Khakwani
  • Asim Khan
  • Ataullah Khan
  • Ayub Khan
  • Qasim Ali Khan
  • Sarah Khan (32 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Taimour Khan (29 years old; Karr Futures)
  • Yasmeen Khan
  • Zahida Khan
  • Badruddin Lakhani
  • Omar Malick
  • Nurul Hoque Miah (36 years old)
  • Mubarak Mohammad (23 years old)
  • Boyie Mohammed (Carr Futures)
  • Raza Mujtaba
  • Omar Namoos
  • Mujeb Qazi
  • Tarranum Rahim
  • Ehtesham U. Raja (28 years old)
  • Ameenia Rasool (33 years old)
  • Naveed Rehman
  • Yusuf Saad
  • Rahma Salie & unborn child (28 years old; American Airlines #11; wife of Michael Theodoridis; 7 months pregnant)
  • Shoman Samad
  • Asad Samir
  • Khalid Shahid (25 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald; engaged to be married in November)
  • Mohammed Shajahan (44 years old; Marsh & McLennan)
  • Naseema Simjee (Franklin Resources Inc.'s Fiduciary Trust)
  • Jamil Swaati
  • Sanober Syed
  • Robert Elias Talhami (40 years old; Cantor Fitzgerald)
  • Michael Theodoridis (32 years old; American Airlines #11; husband of Rahma Salie)
  • W. Wahid
Muslim Victims of Terrorist Attack, September 11, 2001

How about you start showing some respect for them and their families by stopping the attempt to violate their constitutional rights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

If the president doesn't defend the constitution, then who will?
EXACTLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post

I keep posting this and no one answers me. CAn someone please respond to this.
I'll respond. If someone wanted to build a German history museum near a Jewish community, and that museum hailed many of the incredible contributions that Germans made, including German Jews such as Albert Einstein, to science, literature and peace (Henry Kissinger was also a Nobel Peace Prize recipient), and included a exhibit dedicated to the atrocities of the Holocaust, that would be JUST FINE by me. And I am Jewish. And I don't think anyone else would give a crap about it, either.

Last edited by Jill61; 08-14-2010 at 03:53 PM..

Old 08-14-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
300 mosques in NYC? That's news to me, and to Fox News which cites the number at around 100. Growing Number of Mosques in New York City « Fox News Insider

Not entirely sure what the point of your post is. There are thousands of churches in NYC, hundreds of synagogues, shuls, and yeshivas, and a handful of *gasp* secular humanist organizations.

To equate the Cordoba house to a mosque is like saying a JCC is a synagogue. Not true, no matter how you try to twist it.
Conservatives NEVER let the facts get in the way of their idealogy.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

Look, they dont give a crap. Its nothing but tolerance being preached by the liberals, when they cant even tolerate a single conservative female without attempting to destroy her (Palin).
Theyd rather us get in bed and bend over kiss the butts of those who deliberately spit in our faces and celebrate a "victory", the deaths of 3000 people.
They ignore all the facts and questions regarding this mosque and the Imam.
Is it any wonder that liberalism is a mental disorder?
Sarah Palin is an idiot. It's not a matter of not tolerating her it's a matter of not tolerating IGNORANCE! She preys on peoples bigotry, ignorance and fear of what is different. But hey, shes a "Hockey Mom", shots wolves from airplanes, and appeals to some guys when she puts on a pair of heels so I guess that makes her alright with some people.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:31 PM

181 posts, read 339,037 times
I don't understand people that keep trying to make this about freedom of religion, when it is not.

No one has said they can't practice their religion and they have done so for many years at that location.

It is about an in your face $100 monument at that particular location. Once and for all it is about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Put it anywhere else and you probably would not have heard a peep.

But then, they knew the reaction they would get when they made the proposal.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:31 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times

The insane left with their politically correct insanty will not be happy until more are dead.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
So can we blame all of Christianity for:
The Oklahoma Bombing
Abortion clinic bombings
The Ludlow Massacre
The bombing of Los Angeles Times building
The Centennial Olympic Park Bombing
The Holocaust Museum Attack

Cause if you're going to paint with a broad brush against Islam, we might as well do the same for Christianity.
You're on a roll! Might as well throw in the Spanish Inquisition, and the Salem Witch Trials. Let's not forget how the Catholic Church was very quite about the Holocaust while it was in progress.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:35 PM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Are you referring to countries like Denmark who at one time opened their doors to anyone under the sun just to see their country saturated and overrun with muslim extremists?
Hi. I'm from Denmark. The country never had an open door immigration policy, nor is it currently "saturated" with Muslim extremists.

There's friction, and some are undoubtedly extremists. But most just live quite unassuming lives, their sons join the Royal Guards (as Danish an institution as exists), their daughters are overrepresented in universities - less partying makes for better grades, and that's how you get into a Danish university, of course.

However, Denmark is - quite like the US - saturated with politicians making their mark leveraging the ignorance of stupid, frightened people by scaring them with a caricature version of Islam.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:39 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDollie View Post
I don't understand people that keep trying to make this about freedom of religion, when it is not.

No one has said they can't practice their religion and they have done so for many years at that location.

It is about an in your face $100 monument at that particular location. Once and for all it is about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. Put it anywhere else and you probably would not have heard a peep.

But then, they knew the reaction they would get when they made the proposal.
The resistance to mosques is not limited to NYC.
Why doesn't America enact laws to make Islam illegal? Then give all muslims 90 days to convert to christianity or pack up and git out of America.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
This thread makes me shake with rage and physically ill. What a despicably ugly display of hatred and disrespect for our Constitution and everything that makes this country great. How dare some of you claim to be patriots and spew the filth you've written here. Disgusting. Shameful. Sickening.
These are the "Agents of Intolerance" that John McCain spoke about before he lost his spine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies