Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 01:38 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,447,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopedelivers View Post

Mightyqueen sorry but it's going to be a Suni Mosque being built the same sect that flew the planes into the twin towers!!! It's not about hatred of Muslims it's out of respect of all those that lost their llives and are still dying because of the aftereffects. It's a big slap in the face to their families. We need a place of comfort not a reminder of Bin Laden!!!!
No, it's NOT!

No, it's NOT!

No, it's NOT!

Not only is it Sufi, as Mightyqueen pointed out, but it's also NOT merely a mosque!

IT'S A COMMUNITY CENTER!

Swimming pool
Meeting rooms
Classrooms
Auditorium
Library
Art Studios
Gym
Basketball Courts
Restaurant
Culinary School
Child care facility
A Sept. 11 memorial and meditation room

And of course, a Muslim prayer space, which is the only aspect of this project that you people have glommed onto.

IT'S A COMMUNITY CENTER!

Swimming pool
Meeting rooms
Classrooms
Auditorium
Library
Art Studios
Gym
Basketball Courts
Restaurant
Culinary School
Child care facility

WHY are all you people IGNORING these facts? WHY?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:43 PM

88,649 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Seeing as you can't answer the question

Current Worldwide Homicide/Murder Rates

Looks like theres a whole lot more people living, than are being murdered. If 50% of Muslims were killing people, the murder rate would be considerably higher, since they enjoy a large part of the global population, and the majority in several regions of the world.

Again, can you prove that all or most Muslims want to kill people?
One question I always ask, that of course never gets a response, lol, is that since there are 650,000 Muslims living in New York City, where I work, and there are about 300,000 Muslims living in New Jersey, where I live, and all these Muslims have a terroristic bent, why aren't there a lot more terrorist activity and plots than there have been?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
One question I always ask, that of course never gets a response, lol, is that since there are 650,000 Muslims living in New York City, where I work, and there are about 300,000 Muslims living in New Jersey, where I live, and all these Muslims have a terroristic bent, why aren't there a lot more terrorist activity and plots than there have been?
But can you prove they aren't doing terrorist attacks?

I think they wear wool socks, and charge door knobs to shock random red blooded Americans everyday

Old 08-15-2010, 01:46 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,556,042 times
Default Obama Defends Grounds Zero Mosque Plans

Jill 61 The fact that you keep ignoring is the fact that a Mosque will be attached to this community center for a place of prayer of Muslims. The same people who killed all those in 9-ll and still today. Can't you see that, it's a slap in the face for the surviving families!!

Old 08-15-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
No, it's NOT!

No, it's NOT!

No, it's NOT!

Not only is it Sufi, as Mightyqueen pointed out, but it's also NOT merely a mosque!

IT'S A COMMUNITY CENTER!

Swimming pool
Meeting rooms
Classrooms
Auditorium
Library
Art Studios
Gym
Basketball Courts
Restaurant
Culinary School
Child care facility

And of course, a Muslim prayer space, which is the only aspect of this project that you people have glommed onto.

IT'S A COMMUNITY CENTER!

Swimming pool
Meeting rooms
Classrooms
Auditorium
Library
Art Studios
Gym
Basketball Courts
Restaurant
Culinary School
Child care facility

WHY are all you people IGNORING these facts? WHY?
Here's a recent article from the NY Times. It's primarily about how they naively didn't expect all this opposition, but it's also interesting in that the intent was to model the center after a city JCC and demonstrates their interaction with similar organizations in the city.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/11/ny.../11mosque.html

Old 08-15-2010, 01:49 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,412,154 times
Quote:
Jill 61 The fact that you keep ignoring is the fact that a Mosque will be attached to this community center for a place of prayer of Muslims. The same people who killed all those in 9-ll and still today. Can't you see that, it's a slap in the face for the surviving families!!
Not all Muslims attacked us, how many times do we have to refute this argument?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Where is your evidence that the congregants of this mosque had anything at all to do with the 9/11 attack? They've been in the WTC area for a couple of decades. You don't think that local and national law enforcement would have looked at them a long time ago???

If I hear that "slap in the face" cliche one more time I think I'm going to scream; but never mind that. What about the 9/11 Families for a Peaceful Tomorrow? It's wrong to toss aside how they feel just because they don't agree with you.

Peaceful Tomorrows*:*Index

New York – Today, September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, a nationwide group founded by family members of those killed on 9/11 issued the following statement, which may be attributed to their spokesperson, Donna Marsh O’Connor:

September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows strongly supports efforts to bring an Islamic Cultural Center to lower Manhattan, near the Ground Zero site. We believe that welcoming the Center, which is intended to promote interfaith tolerance and respect, is consistent with fundamental American values of freedom and justice for all.

We believe, too, that this building will serve as an emblem for the rest of the world that Americans stand against violence, intolerance and overt acts of racism and that we recognize that the evil acts of a few must never damn the innocent.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Not all Muslims attacked us, how many times do we have to refute this argument?
Yes, well, it's not only popular amongst these hate-addicted types to trash freedom of religion. Presumption of innocence gets canned right along with it.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:01 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
This is a local municipal issue ... I'm sorry, but anyone other than Michael Bloomberg and the locally elected officials should butt out completely ... but I did find this interesting ... other other mosque located near ground zero ... gasp! There is another one!!!! Look at the CYA ...

Masjid Manhattan

Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Obama needs to focus on jobs job jobs not mosques mosques mosques. Stupid stupid stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies