Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 07:36 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times

Advertisements

EA's Newest Medal of Honor Game Lets You Play as Taliban
It's one thing to do this for past wars no longer going on, to me it's disrespectful to release such a game while our troops are still in Afghanistan fighting the Talban in combat. Is it any wonder this company is in the Bay area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2010, 07:42 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
Well, it's a video game. Most games give you the option nowadays to unlock the opposition or villains. People will gripe, but gamers will still play it.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:58 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Who cares, we shouldn't be there in the first place. If it wasn't so popular to trash American imperialism, maybe EA wouldn't have given people this option.

If you don't like free speech, maybe you can run around crying a while longer until some right-wing nutjobs will plan a hit on the CEO of EA or something.

You can be proud of being an American without supporting all the terrible things our government does.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:04 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Who cares, we shouldn't be there in the first place. If it wasn't so popular to trash American imperialism, maybe EA wouldn't have given people this option.

If you don't like free speech, maybe you can run around crying a while longer until some right-wing nutjobs will plan a hit on the CEO of EA or something.

You can be proud of being an American without supporting all the terrible things our government does.
Never said they didn't have a right to do this. I said it was disrespectful to the troops who are still there fighting and dying on the battle field. Just because you have a right to do something doesn't make it right to go ahead and do it. Freedom of speech says I can say racist remarks anywhere I want so should I do it because I can? No, I don't because it's disrespectful and not right. I think this game option will be very popular in Dearborn, San Francisco, Berkeley, Portland, and Seattle as well as most universities.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:13 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Extremely disrespectful.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:27 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
It's just a game and it's probably going to be very popular among American troops serving overseas. If you're so worried about the troops then put all of your 'outrage' into the ridiculously strict rules of engagement forced on them. Zero American troops will be killed because of this video game.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:43 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Extremely disrespectful.
Distasteful and sick.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:20 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
It's one thing to do this for past wars no longer going on, to me it's disrespectful to release such a game while our troops are still in Afghanistan fighting the Talban in combat. Is it any wonder this company is in the Bay area.
Is it any wonder there is outrage over a video game, and not an actual war that really kills people?

Old 08-14-2010, 10:34 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,062 times
Quote:
Never said they didn't have a right to do this. I said it was disrespectful to the troops who are still there fighting and dying on the battle field. Just because you have a right to do something doesn't make it right to go ahead and do it. Freedom of speech says I can say racist remarks anywhere I want so should I do it because I can? No, I don't because it's disrespectful and not right. I think this game option will be very popular in Dearborn, San Francisco, Berkeley, Portland, and Seattle as well as most universities.
You have to understand, many on the far left have no clue what it means by "respect" and "disrespect", especially when it comes to the men and women of our military. These are the people who have more respect for crooks like Rangel and Waters and other politicians, yet dont have a clue what it means to respect our military.

Yes, free speech, but either way, this is very disrespectful. Frankly, I dont know how you can even make a game out of war with the Taliban. They dont fight. They are cowards. They dont engage rather they use children/women as shields. They send their own family members to blow themselves up. They dont fight a war like men, but cowards of Mohammed.

So I dont understand how you can even make a playable real war game out of some of the wars we are in today. If the war today was a real war, where we didnt have to take so many pre-cautions and had an enemy that didnt fight like cowards, we'd have destroyed most of these evil bastards by now.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:35 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Gees.. it is a GAME. Somebody has to be the "bad guy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies