Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:51 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,333,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Turkey concerned over Israel-Lebanon border skirmish
Lebanese and Israeli troops exchanged fire in a border battle that killed a senior Israeli officer, two Lebanese soldiers and a journalist. The violence started when Israel tried to cut down a tree that both sides claimed was in their territory.
Besides all your other rubbish, this one is perhaps the most blatant.
The UN, certainly no friend of Israel, stated that the Lebanese Army OPENED fire on Israelis who were doing routine maintenance work IN ISRAELI TERRITORY. It was an act of murder.

I cite this because it is a VERY clear example of your distortions and bias.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:53 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,234,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Who will pay for them?
That is the frickin' insanity of it.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:54 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,312,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i never said that. but there is a point when you get attacked too often, and you fight back. the problem is that you, along with much of the rest of the world, and fallen into the same trap the arabs have laid out. they attack israel, and no one says anything, but when israel strikes back the arabs complain like the bullies they are. israel has given much over the decades in the interest of peace with her neighbors, but they are the ones that attack, and then blame israel for those attacks.

remember that all is not what is seems to be.
It is what you said; poor Israel.
Israel didn't do this; Israel didn't do that; Israel is allowed to withhold water; Israel is allowed to build in Gaza.
Apologist.

Oh yes, everything anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong because "all is not what it seems to be" - only you and other apologists know the truth. Yeah, yeah, I get it.

And you scream when the Palestinians fight back.
I have the picture. Truly.

I read enough sources (outside of the US) to get a decent picture.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:55 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,103,483 times
Quote:
all the incidents you have described here were ALL instigated by arabs who hate israel. the blockade of gaza was instituted by israel AND egypt to prevent arms from getting to gaza. as for the water, if israel controls the water, it is theirs to do with what they want. as for food not getting to gaza, that is a load of bravo sierra. the israelis allow tons of food and medical supplies to get into gaza daily. it is the palstinian leadership that is causing all the problems in gaza.
Where do you get these delusional ideas? If you're actually interested in this topic, take a trip to Ramullah and understand what's actually going on - not what the NY Times is feeding you.

There have been over 225 UN Resolutions ignored by Israel - some would leave you condemning the state of Israel forever. Look at land maps - largely ignored by the government as well that continues to fuel the aggression AGAINST Israel right now! They completely disregard what isn't theirs in an effort to enlarge what they have. Meanwhile, no one in the U.S. has any idea what's going on because what you see reported is anti-Israeli aggression, not Israeli terror.

You must ask yourself: WHY is everyone angry at Israel? At least, that'd be my first question. Many will believe the propaganda that it's a religious hatred fueled by Muslims who cannot stand the fact that the Jews received a homeland from Britain. I'm sure for some it is - quite frankly, I don't get religious zealotry. But when you realize that under the Ottoman Empire, Muslims and Jews lived in relative harmony, then one might come to the conclusion that it's more sociopolitical and not religious.

To me, it's blatant. You have two countries that were promised what couldn't be given by the West. One country, however, received its promise while another got the slightly short end of the stick. Both countries are home to people who irrationally believe that they have stock in that land essentially as a gift from God and that if anyone should take it from them, they should fight. Israel was given far more commodity, nukes, weaponry than Palestine and they've been wielding it ever since. The Arab world can't stand them for their transgressions - both in the past and currently, and quite frankly, I was witness to them too and I can't blame them. It's maddening that they've been able to get away with what they have. And what happens in retaliation? The UN condemns them and of course, nothing happens.

Israelis control 70% of the Gazan strip. At this point, even "Palestinian" land isn't actually controlled by Palestinians. Economically, they're forced into a mode of failure because of the limits put on their imports and exports - and good luck getting from WB to Gaza, since, hilariously, Israel controls that too. They're set up to fail and then want the entire world to be proud of them at how well they're doing economically IN COMPARISON to the terrorists that they're housing like zoo animals. $#^% Israel and anyone who doesn't see through the transparency.

I'd at least like to call it fair down the middle. Strap a bomb to yourself and walk into a market - terrorism; Kill innocent children with a bomb dropped off by an Israeli tank - ALSO terrorism. Throwing rocks at tanks - a mild form of terrorism; Fire tear gas into Palestinian villages - ALSO terrorism.

Don't act like Israel is innocent.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
Quote:
It is what you said; poor Israel.
Israel didn't do this; Israel didn't do that; Israel is allowed to withhold water; Israel is allowed to build in Gaza.
Apologist.

Oh yes, everything anyone who doesn't agree with you is wrong because "all is not what it seems to be" - only you and other apologists know the truth. Yeah, yeah, I get it.

And you scream when the Palestinians fight back.
I have the picture. Truly.

I read enough sources (outside of the US) to get a decent picture.
really? enough sources outside the US? get real, they are even harder on israel than US sources, because they have fully bought into the arabs "oh poor us, israel keeps attacking us back" routine. and unfortunately so have you. i know that israel has at times gone too far in protecting themselves, but for the most part, the arabs brought all the problems with israel on themselves.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,312,402 times
Quote:
really? enough sources outside the US? get real, they are even harder on israel than US sources, because they have fully bought into the arabs "oh poor us, israel keeps attacking us back" routine. and unfortunately so have you. i know that israel has at times gone too far in protecting themselves, but for the most part, the arabs brought all the problems with israel on themselves.
So you only want your sources, I do understand.
I don't read papers from the Middle East.
So sorry that I won't drink your kool-aid.

I get it, poor Israel; victims of the entire world.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,341,819 times
Quote:
Great, they can buy it with the foreign aid money we send every year.

Yeah, that's called a gratuity.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:09 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,333,554 times
Quote:

Still waiting to hear your source regarding the Lebanese Army sniper attack. Don't like a UN report when it doesn't go your way, do you?
You spew propaganda.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:12 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,894,749 times
Quote:

no you dont get it, and that is sad. israel is not the victims of the entire world, just the middle east. as i said for the most part israel is NOT the aggressor, the arabs are. hamas and hesbolah both want israel wiped off the map. to that end they constantly provoke israel into responding with force. you cant constantly poke a dog with a stick and not expect the dog to fight back. as i said before both jordan and egypt have signed peace treaties with israel, and since those treaties have been signed, those countries ahve not gone to war with israel, and israel has not attacked them. if your mind was not so clouded with hate for israel, perhaps you would see that i am right.

israel has only wanted to be left alone, but like anyone else, if you constantly provoke them, they will respond, and when they do, you will not like it.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:07 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,103,483 times
Quote:
no you dont get it, and that is sad. israel is not the victims of the entire world, just the middle east. as i said for the most part israel is NOT the aggressor, the arabs are. hamas and hesbolah both want israel wiped off the map. to that end they constantly provoke israel into responding with force. you cant constantly poke a dog with a stick and not expect the dog to fight back. as i said before both jordan and egypt have signed peace treaties with israel, and since those treaties have been signed, those countries ahve not gone to war with israel, and israel has not attacked them. if your mind was not so clouded with hate for israel, perhaps you would see that i am right.

israel has only wanted to be left alone, but like anyone else, if you constantly provoke them, they will respond, and when they do, you will not like it.
Clever that you entirely skipped over my post to you.

You are absolutely delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies