Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 07:05 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times

Advertisements

Does anyone really expect Obama to sign any legislation from republicans? As long as the republicans stop Obama's agenda dead in its tracks, they are doing more than I could have asked for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 07:06 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I EXPECT them to do what the public has been screaming for and that is to put a halt to Obamacare. They don't have the votes to override a veto, but they can DEFUND it and make it a worthless pile of paper.

I expect them to start issuing supoenas to haul in the Obama regime and issue charges against him and his minions who have been circumventing the law to advance their policies.
It's too bad you are not the leader of the Repub election group.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:06 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I expect them to be an even stronger "Party Of No", but I don't expect them to actually accomplish anything meaningful.
I can make an arguement that doing nothing might be exactly what we need to do about right now.

But I think you are wrong. I think they will slow spending.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:09 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Damage control.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I expect a Republican Congress would do as much damage to middle class and working class America as possible. They will have two major items on their agenda. First will be to prevent the health insurance from working and the second will be to privatize Social Security and Veterans Health Care. They will sacrifice the majority of us on the altar of greed to serve party's owners. They will provide a government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich at a tremendous cost to the rest of us.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:20 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Damage control for Obama Insurance - isn't going to work.
Massachusetts shows ObamaCare's ugly future--Sally Pipes - NYPOST.com

Obamanomics isn't working.
Obamanomics is why there is no recovery | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/Obamanomics-is-why-there-is-no-recovery-471733-100652469.html - broken link)

Old 08-17-2010, 07:21 AM

8,631 posts, read 9,139,445 times
I expect them to strengthen and increase so called free trade agreements with communist regimes. I expect them to lower taxes on the rich. I expect them to do what the dems have done, do not regulate, and or change laws to benefit Americans but instead to benefit the few god like 1% of the population. I expect them to scrap Obama's health delivery plan (only those parts that hurt private insurance companies) and keep those provisions that enrich the for-profit health insurance companies. I expect them to scrap Social Security and dole those moneys to the god like 1 percenters on Wall Street to invest in some other scam in order to keep their families in flush for generations to come and politicians, both democrat and republican happy with payoffs and hidden perks.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:44 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
This:

YouTube - The Party of NO...is it working for the Republicans?

Old 08-17-2010, 07:47 AM

150 posts, read 108,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I expect them to be an even stronger "Party Of No", but I don't expect them to actually accomplish anything meaningful.
Pretty much. But gridlock has coincided with times of prosperity during and after the last 2 recoveries. Probably not a coincidence after all?

Old 08-17-2010, 07:48 AM

150 posts, read 108,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I expect a Republican Congress would do as much damage to middle class and working class America as possible. They will have two major items on their agenda. First will be to prevent the health insurance from working and the second will be to privatize Social Security and Veterans Health Care. They will sacrifice the majority of us on the altar of greed to serve party's owners. They will provide a government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich at a tremendous cost to the rest of us.
And the democrats have do not have the same blemishes on their resumes--right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies