Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 06:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times

Advertisements

Basically it seem to me that they are more interested in polices rather tahn runnig candidtes themsleves. They have candidates come to them rather than run their own. I see them as being effective since we see so many running in for nomiations and less sure thing for those already in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 07:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How many times do I have to post this for you?

https://docs.google.com/View?id=dhsxmzm7_19fcdzskg5
Thanks. I'll read it when I have time. I don't think I've ever seen it before.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:25 AM

323 posts, read 503,223 times
I went to a business conference in Florida a few weeks ago, in the field of business analysis, and much to my surprise practially everyone were talking politics between the events. The overwhelming majority were positive to the Tea Party Movement, and I recieved invitations to join the Tea Party Patriots and the Greater Tampa Bay 912. As a Norwegian who was only in the U.S. for the weekend there wasn't much point in joining either of them, though I am certainly proud to support them from overseas, and will participate if tax protests spread to Norway. In any case, it became abundantly clear that the Tea Party Movement includes people for all walks of life, including male and female business analysts. If you consider all the protesters to be redneck hillbillies, you are very much mistaken.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:33 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I find fault with the Tea Party because their creators desire to remove all civil rights and regulatory law from this country. I also believe these people are trying to return to a society that never existed. At best the Tea Party policies are short sighted and based on ignorance and propaganda. In the long run they would be a disaster for most Americans, including most Tea Party members, and a give away to the mega millionaires sponsoring the movement. You have to look past the propaganda to see the self serving creators and their manipulation of the ignorant participants.
That is your ignorant interpretation. It differs greatly from the truth.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Of course they were plants. If there's ever a mistake that makes one side look like idiots then blame the other side. God forbid owning up to a mistake.

I'm not a TP, so I can't answer the OPs question. I believe it's fine that people want to raise their voice and group together for a common cause, but I just disagree with most of their rhetoric. I don't grasp why they worry so much about their rights being trampled, but were behind the Patriot Act 100%. What they're saying now doesn't add up with their silence in the past. Plus, they turned my stomach from the git-go when I saw some of their kids dressed up in dime store war bonnets. That seems to have fallen by the way-side, thank god.
To say the Tea Party is behind the unAmerican Patriot Act 100 percent is the ignorant statement of someone uninformed or someone with an agenda. To be sure there are going to be people in the Tea Party who are for it as I don't know of any political group that agrees 100 percent but the majority are against it since the Tea Party is about smaller government.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Just what IS the Tea Party about, aside from "Taxed Enough Already"? They say they have no leaders. What do they expect to accomplish?
If you don't know what the Tea Party is about by now and what they hope to accomplish then YOU obviously have done little research on the Tea Party or have an agenda. Probably best to stay out of political discussions if its too hard to follow. Funny how you don't know what they stand for or hope to accomplish yet you bash them. No need to be informed and openminded, it's much easier for people with an agenda to deny and ignore.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:56 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,595,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Those who consider themselves to be members of the Tea Party, do you view that label with pride? Do you openly tell people you are a member of the Tea Party?
Got a newsflash..I don't know about being a member of anything or not...but there are more of us out there that are independents..not a member of tea parties or whatever...but share some of the same values and concerns..and are just waiting for election day to very quietly exercise our power...those are the people the far left need to worry about...

Old 08-19-2010, 06:17 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Like Bob Dylan sang, "Everybody must get stoned"...
Huh? Okay, man.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,706,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically it seem to me that they are more interested in polices rather tahn runnig candidtes themsleves.
Given that the Tea Party movement was initiated by members of the GOP...they already have their own candidates.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If you don't know what the Tea Party is about by now and what they hope to accomplish then YOU obviously have done little research on the Tea Party or have an agenda. Probably best to stay out of political discussions if its too hard to follow. Funny how you don't know what they stand for or hope to accomplish yet you bash them. No need to be informed and openminded, it's much easier for people with an agenda to deny and ignore.
The Tea Party says they have "no leaders". Therefore, they have no coherent philosophy. They say they aren't racist, but tolerate people proudly hauling signs around with racist messages. They supposedly don't have a social agenda, but again, tolerate people displaying signs about all number of social issuses. They use kids to get their message out, something they condemn in others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies