Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 03:39 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,306,020 times

Advertisements

Those who consider themselves to be members of the Tea Party, do you view that label with pride? Do you openly tell people you are a member of the Tea Party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 05:37 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,655,705 times
Yes, since it means holding politicians to a higher standard, asking for responsibility in spending, loving your country and seeking to clean up corruption.

The fact that so many liberals find fault with the tea party is ASTOUNDING. It just tells me that many of them are not interested in real solutions to real problems.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:41 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Yes, since it means holding politicians to a higher standard, asking for responsibility in spending, loving your country and seeking to clean up corruption.

The fact that so many liberals find fault with the tea party is ASTOUNDING. It just tells me that many of them are not interested in real solutions to real problems.
What it should tell you is that all you TP are good little republicans. You have done well over the last two years. When you yell something loud and often enough people believe it. You have managed to do great destruction to Obama which is the #1 mission.

I want to hear from Dem TP members. If one is on here I would be shocked.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I find fault with the Tea Party because their creators desire to remove all civil rights and regulatory law from this country. I also believe these people are trying to return to a society that never existed. At best the Tea Party policies are short sighted and based on ignorance and propaganda. In the long run they would be a disaster for most Americans, including most Tea Party members, and a give away to the mega millionaires sponsoring the movement. You have to look past the propaganda to see the self serving creators and their manipulation of the ignorant participants.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:15 AM

952 posts, read 943,171 times
I'd enjoy attending more Tea Party rallies...if it didn't entail standing in the midst of a sea of misspelled signs.

Bad spellers of the World UNTIE!

Old 08-17-2010, 06:19 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
I'd enjoy attending more Tea Party rallies...if it didn't entail standing in the midst of a sea of misspelled signs.

If you want to know the date of the next one,check out storm front I hear they keep a pretty accurate calender of all the TP events.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:25 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Five responses to the OP and only one is on topic. About right for this forum... All the anti-tea party folks just salivate waiting for an opportunity to bash us based only on propaganda and stereotypes. Good little lemmings, you guys are.

As for the question in the OP, I'm a pretty private and reserved guy IRL. I don't go around barking my positions on every street corner. The last political T-shirt I wore was a "Recall Gray Davis" shirt, and I last wore it in NYC in 2004...

Another thing that the OP (and most every anti-tea party person) needs to understand is that it's not a political party. There is no "membership." I don't know how many times you all need to hear it before it sinks in, but you can +1 the number of times you've heard it now. Maybe someday it'll sink in.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:30 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,359,408 times
Yes.

I have went to a few national events and many local gatherings.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post

And just how do you know these were not "plants"???

People there trying to make others look badly.

Old 08-17-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregw View Post
i find fault with the tea party because their creators desire to remove all civil rights and regulatory law from this country. I also believe these people are trying to return to a society that never existed. At best the tea party policies are short sighted and based on ignorance and propaganda. In the long run they would be a disaster for most americans, including most tea party members, and a give away to the mega millionaires sponsoring the movement. You have to look past the propaganda to see the self serving creators and their manipulation of the ignorant participants.
Link????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies