Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:47 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

DENVER - What started as a walk to the park with his dogs ended with a trip to the hospital for a Denver dog owner. 32-year-old Mark Ashford says he was beaten black and blue by two Denver Police officers.

New case & new video: Man walking dogs alleges police used excessive force - KDVR (http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-second-police-beating-txt,0,3693269.story - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 03:03 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I almost always give police officers the benefit of the doubt because of the work they are doing and the situations they find themselves in. However, this was a stop sign violation, not a life or death situation, and there is nothing this man could have said about it that should have resulted in this kind of brutality.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:27 AM

952 posts, read 942,714 times
I got pulled over for doing a "California stop".

The Policeman asked me why I "didn't come to a complete stop?"

I responded "Stop, slow down...what's the difference?"

That's when yanked me out of the vehicle by my hair, threw me on the ground, started beating me with his nightstick, yelling "You want me to stop...or slow down?"

WTH!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:45 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
I got pulled over for doing a "California stop".

The Policeman asked me why I "didn't come to a complete stop?"

I responded "Stop, slow down...what's the difference?"

That's when yanked me out of the vehicle by my hair, threw me on the ground, started beating me with his nightstick, yelling "You want me to stop...or slow down?"

WTH!
^^^LOL thanks, good laugh.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:58 AM

150 posts, read 108,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I almost always give police officers the benefit of the doubt because of the work they are doing and the situations they find themselves in. However, this was a stop sign violation, not a life or death situation, and there is nothing this man could have said about it that should have resulted in this kind of brutality.
I rarely give them the benefit of the doubt. Many Police officers are as psychologically off balance as the perps they try to attain.

After all you have to be a bit psycho to do that job.

There is also rampant corruption in most city PDs.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
As a former LEO I can say this crap happens all the time. Dumb ass civilians smart off to the officer tick them off then the dumb ass officer loses his cool and beats the crap out of someone. Those two officers need some conflict resolution training ASAP. They will be lucky if this does not become a Federal civil rights issue. They were baited into that situation by a police hating civie. To bad for them they took the bait now their careers at best will be dead in the water. Officers like that give the the other 98% of LEO's a bad name.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:02 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
As a former LEO I can say this crap happens all the time. Dumb ass civilians smart off to the officer tick them off then the dumb ass officer loses his cool and beats the crap out of someone. Those two officers need some conflict resolution training ASAP. They will be lucky if this does not become a Federal civil rights issue. They were baited into that situation by a police hating civie. To bad for them they took the bait now their careers at best will be dead in the water. Officers like that give the the other 98% of LEO's a bad name.
How exactly did this guy "smart off? Article says he was merely telling someone he'd serve as a witness for a false allegation.

Some cops are so darn "holier-than-thou" and arrogant. They get a high off of acting superior...it doesn't help that when these abominable actions happen, they get off with not so much as a slap on the wrist. Jail time for assault is in order in this case.

Oh, and the percentage of LEO's is probably much lower...if I had to guess I'd say 72%.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,936 times
poor dogs

Old 08-19-2010, 11:32 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
We've had our difference elsewhere, but I agree 100%.

My father was a LEO for 30 years.

Always be polite to the police officer. Save the arguing for the judge, ifya gotta argue.

It's quite possible that ifya tell the truth, and you're nice and polite......ya just might get away with a warning.

Of course, it depends on what you're doing......

Old 08-19-2010, 11:36 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirros View Post
I rarely give them the benefit of the doubt. Many Police officers are as psychologically off balance as the perps they try to attain.

After all you have to be a bit psycho to do that job.

There is also rampant corruption in most city PDs.

Are you just spouting off or do you have actual evidence to support those claims?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies