Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 02:20 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I don't understand the people who keep saying "Dr Laura didn't call her the N word she just said it" as if that makes it OK.

That doesn't matter. It was offensive.

If Dr Laura had been Black. It would have been offensive.
When Black comedians use the N word...it is offensive.
When rappers use the N word....it is offensive.
When White people use the N word...it is offensive
When Asian people use the N word....it is offensive
When Hispanic people use the N word....it is offensive
When Native Americans use the N word...it is offensive
When women use the N word....it is offensive
When men use the the N word...it is offensive
When children use the N word....it is offensive

Let me also state for the record...

1) Dr Laura used the N word first in the conversation and in a very flippant manner....like she was saying something harmless like cookie or gingerbread

2) Dr Laura used the N word when it wasn't necessary to the conservation

3) Dr Laura used the N word in the call with the Black woman as a means to "shock" her

4) Dr Laura attempted to use a faulty excuse, attempting to justify it's use by stating that "Black people use it" on HBO and rap videos completely ignoring the fact that a great many Black people (and people in general) are seriuosly offended by its usage period

5) The Black caller obviously was stunned by Dr Laura's unnecessary and gratuitous use of the N word - I could hear in both her voice and her silence because I have also experienced White people saying the word to me to gauge my "reaction" at using the "forbidden word" in the presence of a Black person

6) The Black caller used the N word in a response to Dr Laura's obvious attempt to shock and provoke the caller

7) Had the Black caller used the word first, used the word in the same flippant manner and repeatedly - the N word (a) would have been edited out of the conversation before it aired that's why they have a delay for deleting "bad words" and (b) had the N word (if used by the Black caller 1st) made it to air people would have been outraged that the caller did not have the common sense to say "N word" instead of actually saying the word

I'm not going to live my life walking on egg shells because the chronically offended may not like me saying a certain word. Who the eff appointed black people to be the word police for whites? Johnny Cochran wants to get his murdering slime bag client off so he invents the "n-word". Now the rest of us have to walk around like five year-olds saying "n-word"?

The only real issue going on here is black people blaming white people for their own dysfunction. The reason black people are so easily offended by a simple word used in a harmless manner is because being the victim of white racism has been tremendously rewarding for blacks. It's a virtual industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Racism is the belief that the genetic factors which constitute race are a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.[1]

Merriam Webster

Let that be your guide.

So white men can jump?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Someone needs to learn how to read. The previous posts have ALL indicated that two wrongs do not make a right.

Seems to me I remember a story about black Secret Service agents failing to get service at Denny's. Pretty big dust up over that, but this restaurant in GA...no big deal?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:37 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,230 times
I forget the details, but many years ago, I was in a Jewish/Holocaust museum. One room had two exit doors - one was labeled "racists" and the other read "non-racists." The "non-racists" door was locked.

I thought that this was a very good idea to get the point across that everybody, no matter how enlightened, is racist or has racist thoughts at some point in their life.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:38 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
To narrow the focus here, a black person who is being discriminated against by a white person is not a racist for defending themselves or responding to the racist behavior. This has been happening for centuries and in this age where racism by whites is being attacked more than ever, whites who are racist cannot alter the narrative by calling blacks racist.

Black people are not racist because they respond to racist treatment and react negatively to certain types of people who have practiced racism for centuries.

Conservatives, you lose again.
Your entire rationalization fails. And I'm definitely portrayed as a liberal on this site. The difference between your logic and mine is facts rather then feelings. If you honestly believe that only caucasians can be racists then I hope you enjoy living among other races in the future. Anyone who has been in an urban environment in the last 25 years has felt the hatred between minorities. The increase in crime rates substantiates this.

Seriously, use facts. You fail at being a liberal since you are obnoxiously presumptuous and think everyone needs to agree with you. Honestly, everyone on this site would be better off ignoring you completely as they would ignoring the right wing whackos.

Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 AM

783 posts, read 815,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I think anybody can be a racist.

How about you?
Every race black white an yellow has got its racists non of wich make the other justified.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:37 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I think anybody can be a racist.

How about you?
Of course they can. I have the battle scars to prove it.

If blacks and whites as well as others share the same biology, which we all do, then of course we would share the same traits known as human nature.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:47 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Yes.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:53 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,337,479 times
What is the point of this thread. Its quite obvious that anyone can be a racist. What is the controversy here?

Old 08-20-2010, 07:58 AM

720 posts, read 691,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
What is the point of this thread. Its quite obvious that anyone can be a racist. What is the controversy here?
Oops wrong thread..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies