Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 AM

32 posts, read 18,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Complete with PP presentation.

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM153_pp.html

Because we ALL know by now that when obama said it would lower costs, that was a lie. When he said you can keep your doctor/plan, that was a lie. When he said small business would receive tax credits, that was a lie (for MOST of them).

This is an acknowledgment that they lied and their predictions that the people would love it has failed miserably...again.

There is NO way they can run and hide from what they've done and HOW they did it.

New Dem message: 'Improve' health care, don't talk cost - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

The number of people wanting this monstrosity appealed is growing everyday.

I wonder how those that championed the bill, that were cheerleaders for this administration and the democrats feel now, after ALL the nasty little surprises have come out (they probably don't pay any attention to them).

Do they even know how much they have been duped, lied to, bamboozled and hoodwinked?

Do you think they even care? Or do they continue to repeat the mantra, "yes we did", beyond all logic and reason in the face of the FACTS.
We have the best in the world, and that is why the world comes here for treatment (like two high members of the governmetn of Can'tada who care here for cancer treatment and heart surgery. They didn't want to risk their precious lives on the system in Can'tada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 09:37 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
But...but...Obamacare was supposed to IMPROVE healthcare. WHat do you mean? It only addresses insurance coverage, cost of insurance and the rationing of certain medical treatments???

The rush for re-labeling by Democrats prior to the November elections is in full swing.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirros View Post
Einstein, I am sorry but very few are anticiapting health care insurance costs to be decreasing due to the Health Reform Bill. It is going to be a disater for the economy long term.

Health Care Costs to Continue Rising for Employers, Study Finds - ABC News

Employee health care costs are going up - Kansas City Business Journal

Medical News: Employees Will Pay More in 2011 for Healthcare - in Washington-Watch, Reform from MedPage Today
The problem with your argument is the basic assumption that ignores the realities. I asked for a baseline against which we measure this increase you claim. To me, that baseline is the rate of increase in premiums over last ten years, and projected into the future. What is yours?

Tell me, have the rates not been going up rapidly for the employers and individual themselves? Is it not alarming to see doubling of that expense in just ten years? For reference, see the Kaiser Family Foundation graph I posted yesterday. Doubling of insurance rate in just ten years should be alarming to anybody, much less the claimants of fiscal conservatism.

The purpose of health care reform wasn't to decrease the cost, but to decrease the rate of increase to somewhat sustainable levels, get more people covered and reduce waste (savings in the longer term). Without the reform, the health insurance premium was trending towards a $20K mark for a family by 2014. Do you think household income (for individual buyers) or corporate income has kept up to provide that much in just health care benefit? Trust me, if I were running an IT business and it cost me 33% more to provide health insurance to an employee as a benefit in the USA than the entire salary of an equally qualified person in India, there would be absolutely no justification to care for creating opportunities here. Either that, or I simply won't offer it as a benefit. In other words, the person would have to be on his/her own.

While HCR isn't even close to being perfect, it makes an attempt to slow down the rate of increase in cost and reduce waste. Personally, I would prefer a single payer system that eliminates all of the complicated crap and puts all citizens in one big pool.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 08-20-2010 at 10:06 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 09:45 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarocostas View Post
We have the best in the world, and that is why the world comes here for treatment (like two high members of the governmetn of Can'tada who care here for cancer treatment and heart surgery. They didn't want to risk their precious lives on the system in Can'tada.
I didn't know Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna etc were performing surgeries. I do know of people going out of the USA to seek medical treatment elsewhere (sometimes for insurance reasons, cost reasons and sometimes for just getting better care).

Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The purpose of health care reform wasn't to decrease the cost, but to decrease the rate of increase to somewhat sustainable levels, get more people covered and reduce waste (savings in the longer term).
Absolute nonsense.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...de-new-report/

Big Employers Estimate Health-Care Costs Will Rise 8.9% in 2011 - Health Blog - WSJ

Quote:
A survey of big employers finds they expect their health-care costs to rise nearly 9% next year and plan to share some of that burden with employees via higher premiums and higher out-of-pocket limits.
Obama’s Health Care News Conference | FactCheck.org

Quote:
Obama claimed his budget "reduced federal spending over the next 10 years by $2.2 trillion" compared with where it was headed before. Not true. Even figures from his own budget experts don’t support that. The Congressional Budget Office projects a $2.7 trillion increase, not a $2.2 trillion cut.
Breitbart.tv » 20 Promises for $2,500: All Americans Now Await Lower Premiums Promised by Obama

ALL a bunch of lies.

Surely you remember obama's rhetoric about bending the cost curve down? We ALL know now that it does not do that.

Report from the Chief Actuary of Medicare.

http://republicans.waysandmeans.hous...H_R__3200_.pdf

Last edited by sanrene; 08-20-2010 at 11:43 AM..

Old 08-20-2010, 11:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
How's about Obama's words himself saying premiums would decrease 3000% ? His words right at the get go..

YouTube - President Obama perfoms health care magic in Ohio!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
I couldn't get the FOS BS to load, maybe they retracted whatever they were spreading. The Fact Check item was from 2009 CBO estimate that was not the Law that was passed. The CBO analysis of the actual law is quite different. Breitbart, not quite sure what to say about somebody using him as a source for anything. Now, the WSJ report certainly says an 8.9% increase in costs are likely. Considering they had been going up at 11%, or more, I kind of see that as progress.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I couldn't get the FOS BS to load, maybe they retracted whatever they were spreading. The Fact Check item was from 2009 CBO estimate that was not the Law that was passed. The CBO analysis of the actual law is quite different. Breitbart, not quite sure what to say about somebody using him as a source for anything. Now, the WSJ report certainly says an 8.9% increase in costs are likely. Considering they had been going up at 11%, or more, I kind of see that as progress.
No, but it was the estimate used to sell us a bill of goods.
And it was back and forth from Congress to the CBO until Congress was happy with the numbers it spit out.

Then the bill passed and the CBO had a real analysis but that was too late to matter as the bill was passed and signed.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
All loads fine for me, including the Fact Check. Oh the law that passed is even worse than the the original in 2009, but it still comes from the same original.

Breitbart was just using obama's own words, from his own speeches.

Since obama made the claim of 11%, that pretty much seals the deal to discredit the number.

Btw, they is SO much more that has come out after he signed the bill into law, detailing just what a disaster it truly is.

Just do a simple "obamacare" search on this board to get a list of all the nasty little details that have come out.

Of course, you won't do that, will you?

The Left simply ignored ALL contrary evidence and reports that told them just how much the dems and obama were fooling them. How must they feel now to know they have been duped...again?

Old 08-20-2010, 12:25 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
All loads fine for me, including the Fact Check. Oh the law that passed is even worse than the the original in 2009, but it still comes from the same original.

Breitbart was just using obama's own words, from his own speeches.

Since obama made the claim of 11%, that pretty much seals the deal to discredit the number.

Btw, they is SO much more that has come out after he signed the bill into law, detailing just what a disaster it truly is.

Just do a simple "obamacare" search on this board to get a list of all the nasty little details that have come out.

Of course, you won't do that, will you?

The Left simply ignored ALL contrary evidence and reports that told them just how much the dems and obama were fooling them. How must they feel now to know they have been duped...again?
Must be my malware protection preventing the FOS load of ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies