Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:04 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I see you're both trying to distance yourself from Palin's racist remarks. While at the same time trying to convince us that Palin doesn't speak for a large percentage of the Republican party.

And while I can understand why her remarks would cause such consternation among all but the most racist of Republicans...your excuses just won't wash

The hillbilly stepped in it...again
You know what they say about opinions, and yours certainly qualifies. Assuming facts not in evidence and putting forth your own opinions as facts does not make them facts. Only sheeple would think it does.

You don't even bother to acknowledge the facts presented to you regarding this subject, just go ahead with obamaspeak as if it were believable. But, then, that is what you do.

It would appear that the ardent liberal (you) are the one who stepped in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 09:24 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
I see you're both trying to distance yourself from Palin's racist remarks. While at the same time trying to convince us that Palin doesn't speak for a large percentage of the Republican party.

And while I can understand why her remarks would cause such consternation among all but the most racist of Republicans...your excuses just won't wash

Palin didn't make any racist remarks, and neither did Dr Laura. One would have to really stretch to make what she said racist.. And there seems to be no end of democrats willing to make that stretch.
If you have nothing else, become a race bater.. Democrats seem to excel at that...!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:29 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
And so Palin's deconstruction of the Republican party continues apace. And she can do this because of the vacuum caused by the lack of prominent moderate Republicans.

Now, if Palin gets the nomination in 2012, who do you think black Republicans will vote for?

Old 08-20-2010, 09:53 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,583,826 times
Why I ask, WHY does anyone care what this ignorant trailer trash hillbilly have to say about anything. I really think it's symbolic of the major decline of the USA that anyone would pay any attention to such self serving trash.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:57 AM

720 posts, read 691,607 times
And there goes the name calling again..For your information, I am a hillbilly, and I have a multiple degrees. Your use(context) of the word implies the same thing that Dr. Laura is being pounded about. If you want others to stop labeling and being offensive, you should do the same!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:01 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Why I ask, WHY does anyone care what this ignorant trailer trash hillbilly have to say about anything. I really think it's symbolic of the major decline of the USA that anyone would pay any attention to such self serving trash.
What I find interesting - and disconcerting - is that she seems to have become the voice of the right wing in America.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
What I find interesting - and disconcerting - is that she seems to have become the voice of the right wing in America.
And only the left wing of America believes that she has become the voice of the right wing. She don't claim to be the voice of the right wing, the members of the right wing don't claim she is the voice, only the left make the claim.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:11 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,370,853 times
Why did Sarah Palin even need to inject herself into this? What exactly is she defending Dr.Laura's right to do?

Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:

Do you think you speak for every single say democrat? So by your thinking that all democrats must agree with all the things you say.

Because you seem to think that Palin speaks for all republicans?

Do you not understand that she only speaks for herself really?

So since the new black panther party votes democrats and 1 of their members called for killing all white people & their babies that means you also think all white people and their babies should be killed.

Since that is how you think with Palin speaking.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:20 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Why did Sarah Palin even need to inject herself into this? What exactly is she defending Dr.Laura's right to do?
Why is there an assumption she is defending a right?

Why not recognize that Palin could just be offering comfort and support to someone facing an enormous amount of public scrutinty? Something which as a woman in the public eye Palin has also experienced and not usually in a positive manner. Is empathy so rare in our society that people are unwilling to recognize it when it is expressed? Or is it because empathy is not PC unless one is on the "correct" side of the political arguement?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies